Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vat registration

• 16-09-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I am setting up a limited company selling goods online in ireland mostly.
    I will not be earning over the €75,000 limit.

If i dont have to register for VAT does that mean that a person can buy my goods without the exchequer getting its cut?

Why should revenue lose out on collecting VAT from the sale of my products just because my turnover is not high enough?

Is that the case or am i misunderstanding the process?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Heisenburg81

fisher8181 wrote: »
    I am setting up a limited company selling goods online in ireland mostly.
    I will not be earning over the €75,000 limit.

If i dont have to register for VAT does that mean that a person can buy my goods without the exchequer getting its cut?

Why should revenue lose out on collecting VAT from the sale of my products just because my turnover is not high enough?

Is that the case or am i misunderstanding the process?

That is the case. No misunderstanding.
    However, at any point if you are "likely" to exceed the threshold in the next 12 months you must register immediately.

Advertisement