Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ali : Weds 19 Sept 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

If it maxes out at 55,knots in Dublin, yes is windy for sure but is it even Yellow warning territory ? What do people see this peaking at?

Genuinely I will be surprised if the inland counties are subjected to orange warning wind speed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

If it maxes out at 55,knots in Dublin, yes is windy for sure but is it even Yellow warning territory ? What do people see this peaking at?

Genuinely I will be surprised if the inland counties are subjected to orange warning wind speed

Yes gusts of 55 knots would be yellow warning

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Keep in mind, that's Dublin airport. Dublin airport does not fully represent other areas in the region.

Donegal and Sligo TAF expecting a max gust of 60kts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Remember TAFS change depending on who writes then and have +- 5 kt for Dub and +-10 elsewhere they're inherently conservative

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Doesn't seem to have impacted flights here in Shannon, the first two flights are boarding on time. Lots of debris on back roads getting here but motorway was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Clear slot showing up well on Sat. to the W of Ireland. Dark area W of Ireland on the colour map with the strongest winds.

15.6C

Gusting well over 70 km/h now here near Tralee

pression2_uk_ypp0.png

D2u_ehr8.jpg

latest-ir-color_sgq3.gif

rafales_uk_otb2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

hoody wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to have impacted flights here in Shannon, the first two flights are boarding on time. Lots of debris on back roads getting here but motorway was fine.

WX is fine for first flights this morning. Dublin is using primarily RWY16 as the wind begins to gust which will cause increasing delays as the day continues.

Southerly wind resulting in delays if approx 20mins at EIDW will increase readily from now

hoody wrote: »

Checking Dublin there and there seems to be a few flights cancelled for later in the morning. Aerlingus shorthual to uk mainly

MJority of stobarts gone since last night as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nothing big so far for the North East Coast of Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sept17

It’s wild here in west cork - since about 5.30 am ... very noisy and definitely not what we were expecting as a yellow warning .. if this is the beginning, it’s scary to think of what’s on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Nothing untoward yet in Galway but pressure falling rapidly.

New Moon

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I work in Dublin 18 in Carrickmines business park and that place is like its own mini climate. Winds coming off the mountains and through the city seem to funnel through the park. Should be an interesting morning in the building!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

997 here in Dublin now I cycled to the airport about 6.20am it was very quiet. Just picked up there now very windy looks like the start of what's about to come.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Windy now in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

LEIN wrote: »
    Nothing big so far for the North East Coast of Wicklow.

What you get up to on your laptop is your own business :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Windy but nothing crazy in lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Has been very wild and wet here in west Kerry since 5am. Rain seems to have eased but the wind is steady and very strong with severe gusts. The lights have flickered once or twice in the past 10 minutes. A bad storm but nothing exceptional so far - hopefully it'll stay that way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild in West Mayo.... Just blown a huge container of water along the path. Ocean is very ruffled. Had to go out to find one of the cats and no need to breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

What you get up to on your laptop is your own business :P

Waiting for the whopper :P :o

Gusting 42 at Dublin airport. Starting to get out of range for some

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

Pretty wild in s. coast of galway too and has been roaring the last hour or so. Electric's already out. I can't cope with storm, work and no coffee. Or at least, I can, but I'll whine about it. :D

No trees down that I can see at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Map showing where this morning's ECM run has the strongest gusts between now and 12 UTC:

8iVwVHr.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

23bV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Not much happening here Laois, a few big gusts around 6 and again at 7. Apart from that calm enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Rhineshark wrote: »
    Pretty wild in s. coast of galway too and has been roaring the last hour or so. Electric's already out. I can't cope with storm, work and no coffee. Or at least, I can, but I'll whine about it. :D

No trees down that I can see at least.

ears keep popping. West Mayo offshore... I planned ahead and have a gas cooker AND a small camping stove but power OK here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Really picked up in the last 10 minutes here in Ennis. Powerful gusts and driving rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Heavy rain at times in Athlone but very little wind
    Now have torrential rainfall and very strong wind gusts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement