Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ali : Weds 19 Sept 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Wind has picked up in newbridge in the last hour or so but nothing major yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

rafales_uk_ylm7.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Graces7 wrote: »
    ears keep popping. West Mayo offshore... I planned ahead and have a gas cooker AND a small camping stove but power OK here.

I don't think that you're supposed to use camping stoves indoors! Toxic fumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Liffey4A

Gusting 42knts at Dublin Airport now

• Advertisement

Beginning to make some noise here now with gusts above 40 knots.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Very windy in cork city Bishopstown area! Can only imagine what it’s like where grace is for example!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm still waiting for a trampoline to land outside my place I want a free trampoline

I may have to take matters into my own hands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭stevek93

I'm still waiting for a trampoline to land outside my place I want a free trampoline

Yes neighbour your trampoline blew its way into my garden :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

What a very apt username! Seriously though be careful if you do see one flying about, lethal things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I don't think that you're supposed to use camping stoves indoors! Toxic fumes.

well been doing it at need for years, When I arrived here a year ago had no power and no cooker. Only toxic surely if the place is airtight and this is not. if airtight the same would apply to gas cooker and solid fuel.

All flames exude fumes. And now I have a co2 monitor in the kitchen.

Just is common sense. which I have in abundance.. thank you for worrying but please do not!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Update on Met Eireann Site

AZUWfyT.png

Status Orange - Wind warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Dublin, Kildare, Longford, Louth, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Clare and Kerry
    Storm Ali will track close to the west and northwest coast this morning. South to southwest winds veering westerly will reach mean speeds between 65 and 80 km/h and gusts between 110km/h and 130 km/h for a time. Gusts in excess of 130 km/h are possible in coastal regions of the west and northwest. The core of strong winds will be along Atlantic coasts at first, before transferring quickly eastwards during the morning.

Issued: Tuesday 18 September 2018 16:00

Updated: Wednesday 19 September 2018 06:46

Valid from Wednesday 19 September 2018 07:00 to Wednesday 19 September 2018 13:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Very gusty in South Galway. Empty fish box has just flown across my garden! Thanks to all the weather experts for keeping us updated on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Already long queues waiting to take off at DUB. Just seen the CX A350 landing on runway 18. I can see flights are already being put into a holding pattern.

Nice and windy in Artane, branches being broken already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Dirty old morning in Galway.trees taking a hammering.wish I could go into bed for the day.cant.stay safe all

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Very windy and gusty here in Dublin 10. Roof creaking the last hour, but definitely getting stronger the last 39 minutes. House alarms going off everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Ballybunion buoy gusting 70 knots, Finnis buoy (just east of Inisheer, Alan Islands) 64 kts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

(06z and 0700h reports)

M6 gusting to 60 knots with a sharp pressure rise and winds veering rapidly to WNW.

Mace Head SW 41 G 61 knots, Belmullet G 58 kts, Newport and Valentia G 57 knots.

Slightly higher wind gusts likely to follow, gust front can now be seen clearly on radar (NNE-SSW line in w Connacht and Clare).

Sundew wrote: »
    Very gusty in South Galway. Empty fish box has just flown across my garden! Thanks to all the weather experts for keeping us updated on this thread.

amen to that... very bad here now.. roof creaking ... thud bang wallop ....west mayo offshore island.

Reminds of the Breastplate of Saint Patrick ... "The whirling wind's tempestuous shocks.." He knew what he was talking about,,

LOUD bang on the roof.... Getting worse here. suddenly ramped up

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

Power down from screebe. Was originally to be back at 7.30 but status unknown now.

Jesus it has suddenly gotten LOUD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

In North inner city dublin here, aircraft flying very very low, circling, winds picking up considerably in the last 2 hours.

(06z and 0700h reports)

M6 gusting to 60 knots with a sharp pressure rise and winds veering rapidly to WNW.

Mace Head SW 41 G 61 knots, Belmullet G 58 kts, Newport and Valentia G 57 knots.

Slightly higher wind gusts likely to follow, gust front can now be seen clearly on radar (NNE-SSW line in w Connacht and Clare).

ah THAT is what just happened here then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cork airport says it’s gusting 38 knots so will get stronger If forecast is correct. There’s slready branches everywhere and my windows have all been slammed shut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nothing to speak of in east Galway yet
    About 40km inland of Galway bay so hoping that is far enough to escape the worst of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Feck, it's getting really windy here now (NW 200mASL) - whole house creaking, small branches especially willow littering the place, really loud with sudden gusts that completely swirl the trees and shrubs. Kind of scary. I'm supposed to drive out to work in a couple of hours in a tiny car. Hmmm? Don't know what to do about that. Is it fast moving, will it have passed the nw 20 miles inland area soon? Or is this just the beginning?

Alongside the dwelling there is the old cowshed. Roof has largely caved in but the gable end still stands and every time there is a storm I wonder if it will be knocked.... It is 150 years old, stone, built by hand. A masterpiece. The men in those days had some strength. Huge boulders atop each other.

Oh uh.. lights flickering... stay safe if we get disconnected. Fine here as all prepared.

• Advertisement

45 to 50 knot gusts now. Sharp veer from SSE to SW. Light rain. 987.7 now steady to rising.

New Moon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement