Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ali : Weds 19 Sept 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm still waiting for a trampoline to land outside my place I want a free trampoline

I may have to take matters into my own hands...

I'm still waiting on the wind!
    City centre is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Good, send it up here and I'll be happy.

As will I !

How long before this moves through?
    Neighbour has lots of big old lopsided conifers that always make me nervous
    Darwin brought down a big one but it fell the other way luckily
    Asked him at the time would he consider topping them .....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KerryHarry

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Fence that was bolted to the wall ripped off bringing down the oil tank with it...Disaster Galway:mad:

Jayzus.
    Sorry to hear this..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

PLL wrote: »
    On a hill in Galway city, never experienced gusts like it. House is shaking. Ophelia was a light breeze compared to this. Stay safe everyone.

Was thinking the same. Worse than Ophelia

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Very gusty in Dublin City Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

HUGE power outages across the country now https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Graces7 wrote: »
    OUCH! Hot tea?

Here’s some milk for it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

getting darker and darker out here now. looked up the lane and the island minibus is still safe. Oops; lights flickering.. WHAT A NOISE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Off to school now so my cork perspective will go silent. Very strong gusts here still that I haven’t seen since Ophelia! Leaves and branches everywhere. Still can’t believe it’s yellow but if that’s what the readings say that’s what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

judging by reports west should really have been a red warning, nothing more than you usually windy day in dublin so far but they have said it would be this morning when we get high winds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

So far, failing to reach, not mind surpass, mean and gust speeds experienced during that storm that occurred in June here at least.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 12 snic

Winds much stronger here right now than we got with Ophelia (about 10k West of Galway city). Still have power so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Fence that was bolted to the wall ripped off bringing down the oil tank with it...Disaster Galway:mad:

Aw jaysus did it burst the tank :(

stevek93 wrote: »
    HUGE power outages across the country now https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

Thanks for that. We are safe so far. But that could easily change. Wonderful service we have..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Galway is getting it way worse than Ophelia. High winds and blue skies is really cool all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    So far, failing to reach, not mind surpass, mean and gust speeds experienced during that storm that occurred in June here at least.

Storm in June?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

LEIN wrote: »
    Very gusty in Dublin City Centre
    Nothing more than your usual windy day, expecting higher gusts later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Power outage in Bishopstown. 1.5k people without power, hm near my school..

Surprised this was not a red warning. Trees coming down everywhere by the sounds of it.

Hopefully they don't regret that.

km79 wrote: »
    As will I !

How long before this moves through?
    Neighbour has lots of big old lopsided conifers that always make me nervous
    Darwin brought down a big one but it fell the other way luckily
    Asked him at the time would he consider topping them .....

'Worst' should be over by noon, but likely to remain gusty enough throughout the day.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

We’re getting some severe gusts near Limerick city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Nothing more than your usual windy day, expecting higher gusts later though.

It is worse than your usual windy day, but nothing too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pressure down to 984.31 hPa in Castlebar and a max gust of 113 km/hr, nearly 775 homes without power here currently.

snic wrote: »
    Winds much stronger here right now than we got with Ophelia (about 10k West of Galway city). Still have power so far.

Mayo missed out on Ophelia so I have no comparisons ... this is my first major storm out here I think. Brian was nothing compared to this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

too late warning people now met eireann.

Status Orange - Wind warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Dublin, Kildare, Longford, Louth, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Clare and Kerry
    Storm Ali will track close to the west and northwest coast this morning. South to southwest winds veering westerly will reach mean speeds between 65 and 80 km/h and gusts between 110km/h and 130 km/h for a time. Gusts in excess of 130 km/h are possible in coastal regions of the west and northwestThe core of strong winds will be along Atlantic coasts at first, before transferring quickly eastwards during the morning.

Issued: Tuesday 18 September 2018 16:00

Updated: Wednesday 19 September 2018 06:46

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Do any of you remember that we had Storm Hector last June?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Surely it warrants red warning in West.no power.sh1t blowing everywhere.no schools I’m going to presume

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Just had to go after the neighbours bins in Renmore in Galway City. A fair bit of wrastlin to get them back into shelter. Not the finest judgement to have them out front in this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Waterford max gust so far 64.8km jesus reading here west getting hammered. Stay safe guys

• Advertisement

Top gust of 72 knots in Mace Hd on 8am reports. Averaging 35 to 45 knots over the rest of the country.

Sorry, that should read 75 knots in Mace Hd.

New Moon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement