Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile reception in Dublin 16

Options
  • 17-09-2018 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a question about Eir mobile reception near Scholarstown Road in Dublin 16.

I have called Tech Support and they put me through to Customer Care. I was on hold for 15mins then the line went dead.

I called back and am now on hold with Customer Care for the last 10mins, this is at 9:20am.

I'm having a issue with Eir mobile reception. 
    • 1 year ago when I moved in here first, reception was terrible. I had to get a land line and forward my mobile calls to that as it would normally be without service. If it had service, the call would drop.
    • Then a few months ago, something changed. Reception was perfect, full bars!
    • Then about 2 weeks ago, it went back to the same as before with no service. I'm currently on hold to Eir customer care by calling from my laptop.
    • This is the case with all phone types and with many different people. This is not an issue with any device. Neighbors all report the same thing and visitors to the house have the same problem.
    • Reception with other networks is good. Vodafone works well in this area.

Are you aware of any change that happened, first a few months ago for the better and then in the last few weeks for the worse in this area that could of caused this? 

Hopefully the last change can be changed so the first change can take effect again!

*Edit: I got through to customer care after 18mins, they transferred me to a mobile agent. I was on hold with them for another 10mins, had to hang up as I have to work. Total on hold time: 15+18+10=43mins

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Hi, any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

paulieeye wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a question about Eir mobile reception near Scholarstown Road in Dublin 16.

I have called Tech Support and they put me through to Customer Care. I was on hold for 15mins then the line went dead.

I called back and am now on hold with Customer Care for the last 10mins, this is at 9:20am.

• 1 year ago when I moved in here first, reception was terrible. I had to get a land line and forward my mobile calls to that as it would normally be without service. If it had service, the call would drop.
    • Then about 2 weeks ago, it went back to the same as before with no service. I'm currently on hold to Eir customer care by calling from my laptop.
    • This is the case with all phone types and with many different people. This is not an issue with any device. Neighbors all report the same thing and visitors to the house have the same problem.

[*]

Are you aware of any change that happened, first a few months ago for the better and then in the last few weeks for the worse in this area that could of caused this? 

Hopefully the last change can be changed so the first change can take effect again!

*Edit: I got through to customer care after 18mins, they transferred me to a mobile agent. I was on hold with them for another 10mins, had to hang up as I have to work. Total on hold time: 15+18+10=43mins

Thanks
    Paul
    [*]
    Hi paulieeye, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service. I understand this is frustrating. 

I'm afraid we would be unable to advise on this as there are many factors that can affect the service, you can view details online here in relation to this. The environment around you can affect this and also congestion. 

When you signed up with us you would have had 28 days to decide on the network and if you were unhappy with it you could have cancelled the service with no penalty but I'm afraid this timeframe has now passed so you are unable to do so now. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Hi,

[*]

Thanks
    Paul

[*]
    Hi paulieeye, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service. I understand this is frustrating. 

I'm afraid we would be unable to advise on this as there are many factors that can affect the service, you can view details online here in relation to this. The environment around you can affect this and also congestion. 

When you signed up with us you would have had 28 days to decide on the network and if you were unhappy with it you could have cancelled the service with no penalty but I'm afraid this timeframe has now passed so you are unable to do so now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    [*]
    Hi Tracy, thanks for the reply. Both me and my wife are on a 30 day contract so we will cancel at the end of this period. 

I was hoping that you might be able to investigate why the service got better for a period of a few months and if there was any issues logged in that time that was the cause of the recent degradation of service.

I appreciate that you are just doing your job but I have to reiterate what many other people have said, the Customer Service of Eir is shockingly bad. There is close to 0 chance getting any resolution to any issue. I have ongoing landline issues, billing issues, issues adding mobile service to bundles, when they are added to the bundle, the billing amount was 25 a month instead of the advertised 9.99 a month. There has been no resolution to any of these. Surely Eir are losing customers because of terrible service, not only customer service but the actually products they sell also.

But anyway thanks for been honest, no point in staying with a service if it doesn't work no matter how much it costs.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

[*]

Thanks
    Paul

[*]
    Hi paulieeye, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

[*]
    Hi Tracy, thanks for the reply. Both me and my wife are on a 30 day contract so we will cancel at the end of this period. 

I was hoping that you might be able to investigate why the service got better for a period of a few months and if there was any issues logged in that time that was the cause of the recent degradation of service.

I appreciate that you are just doing your job but I have to reiterate what many other people have said, the Customer Service of Eir is shockingly bad. There is close to 0 chance getting any resolution to any issue. I have ongoing landline issues, billing issues, issues adding mobile service to bundles, when they are added to the bundle, the billing amount was 25 a month instead of the advertised 9.99 a month. There has been no resolution to any of these. Surely Eir are losing customers because of terrible service, not only customer service but the actually products they sell also.

But anyway thanks for been honest, no point in staying with a service if it doesn't work no matter how much it costs.

Paul

No problem Paul, I understand your frustration here and I'm sorry I was unable to offer you any further assistance with this. This would be out of my control. 

I'm really sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll look into your queries for you here. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement