Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride Across Britain like events

Options
  • 17-09-2018 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭

Accidentally discovered a bunch of videos an event called 'Ride Across Britain' doing the length of.. well Britain, and it looks like a well organised setup. It's more of an expensive biking holiday than a true gritty ride, but sure, even with that, all that 1000s of miles of supported cycling looks great. I am sure it's expensive too. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X13UTOCgtw

Are there any events like this here in Ireland? And/or perhaps somewhere a bit more exotic like France or Spain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mh_cork

positron wrote: »
    Accidentally discovered a bunch of videos an event called 'Ride Across Britain' doing the length of.. well Britain, and it looks like a well organised setup. It's more of an expensive biking holiday than a true gritty ride, but sure, even with that, all that 1000s of miles of supported cycling looks great. I am sure it's expensive too. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X13UTOCgtw

Are there any events like this here in Ireland? And/or perhaps somewhere a bit more exotic like France or Spain?

Tour de Munster, a 4 day 600km event in, well, Munster

Several foreign ones, Hot-Chillee run a few: London-Paris, Alpine Challenge, etc.

A few hard-core ones - Haute Alps, Haute Pyrennes, etc.

Plenty of ones in Mallorca, where you get to ride with Sean Kelly or Stephen Roche.

Lots of training camps, a Google search will find some.

In short, lots of choice, just depends on how difficult you want it to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Wild Atlantic Way Sportive, if it ever runs again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The wild atlantic way one I guess but the latest one was cancelled. It's also 16 days so not everyone can do that sort of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭positron

Doh! It never occured to me that multi-day sportives here are similarly organised and supported - I always thought it was riders own friends / family doing the bag drops and stuff to hotels.

Having said, if there's a supported 3 day Ride Across Ireland (Mizen head to Malin head) might attract a fair few riders I would think. I better google before I assume there isn't one.. there probably is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

positron wrote: »
    Having said, if there's a supported 3 day Ride Across Ireland (Mizen head to Malin head) might attract a fair few riders I would think. I better google before I assume there isn't one.. there probably is.

There used to be a Malin to Mizen (or vice versa) cycle that was done with a load of former Rugby players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement