Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finale of the ITU world triathlon season

• 17-09-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Courtesy of a free subscription thanks to Triathlon Ireland, I watched the eilte mens and womens races over the weekend from the Gold Coast. Amazing performance from Vicky Holland who at one point looked beaten on the run , but she managed to pass Katie Zaferes to take the title.
    Equally well done to Vincent Luis who beat Mario Mola on the day with a blistering 2 min 30 sec final kilometre on the run , just insane pacing !! Mario lifted his 3rd title in a row , phenomenal consistency.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

TriFirst wrote: »
    ith a blistering 2 min 30 sec final kilometre on the run , j.

sure there's lad's knocking those out at the end of marathon's these days..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

TriFirst wrote: »
    Courtesy of a free subscription thanks to Triathlon Ireland, I watched the eilte mens and womens races over the weekend from the Gold Coast. Amazing performance from Vicky Holland who at one point looked beaten on the run , but she managed to pass Katie Zaferes to take the title.
    Equally well done to Vincent Luis who beat Mario Mola on the day with a blistering 2 min 30 sec final kilometre on the run , just insane pacing !! Mario lifted his 3rd title in a row , phenomenal consistency.

Watched it also & had to look up Vincent Luis's run split afterwards.
    29:44 was some time on a fairly technical course.

Hard to believe that Johnny Brownlee didn't finish on the podium in any of his races this year.
    There is definitely a changing of the guard on the Men's circuit.
    Alistair struggled also (even though he got disqualified) & it's looking highly unlikely that he will try and qualify for Tokyo 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I watched the highlights of the previous week on the bbc, in Montreal it was. I only saw the women's race at the Gold Coast. The highlights are on the iplayer.

There was terrific racing and incredibly close finishes in a couple of the races. Incredible talent and fitness the way they can master the 3 disciplines.

Advertisement