Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Term Rental (Dublin City to Maynooth Area)

Options
  • 17-09-2018 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I will be based in Lexlip for work (currently based aboard), for circa 10 -12 weeks. I am looking for a short term rental for my self and wife. Appartment,/Corporate apartment/house would be options that we are looking for, from Maynooth to City Center. Any info regarding websites, direct providers ,etc would be much apppreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

moochy wrote: »
    I will be based in Lexlip for work (currently based aboard), for circa 10 -12 weeks. I am looking for a short term rental for my self and wife. Appartment,/Corporate apartment/house would be options that we are looking for, from Maynooth to City Center. Any info regarding websites, direct providers ,etc would be much apppreciated?
    You will have some difficulty for the period you have chosen since it ends right at Christmas time and the landlord will know that this is very incovenient for him/her (almost guaranteed void until early January).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

AirBnB

• Registered Users Posts: 4 moochy

AirBnB
    Hi, is there any other sites like Airbnb that do short term lettings?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

moochy wrote: »
    AirBnB
    Hi, is there any other sites like Airbnb that  do short term lettings?
    Please look at daft.ie there are a few people that let flats on a monthly basis, but as I said your letting period ending just before Christmas time will not go down well with most landlords. Maybe try to propose an extra fee for the Christmas void (like splittig in half the cost of the void period) if it is cheaper than Airbnb rates. Be very clear about your necessity, dates and budget in the first message.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

AirBnB prices are usually significantly lower for month to month rents. I think mine has a 34% discount for a monthly rent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement