Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bound to be a lot of unhappy Irish folk about in Vegas :eek:

Hope **** doesn't kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

McGregor by Sub
    John_D80 wrote: »
    I am a genuine fan of Conor’s and have been for a long long but if Khabib had gotten off that bus that time, McGregor and his mates would have done a lot worse to him than a sucker punch.

I’m not condoning the events post fight in any way but you reap what you sow.

John he wouldnt in my own opinion, he's a mouth. Especially the likes of Cowley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor by Sub
    Mellor wrote: »
    Anybody defending Khabib here needs a long hard look at thems loves. Imagine if Conor did the same.
    Again, nobody has done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Was Conor doing it for show when he threw a 10kg metal trolley at a bus?

They're both idiots at this stage.

Yes, this is what I think. Conor did it for show and publicity in the safe confines of the arena, but for Khabib, this is now a blood feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Again, nobody has done so.

There's plenty of "McGregor had it coming" type comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

martyos121 wrote:
    People took the sport plenty serious before the McGregor brigade arrived. It wasn’t just starting to be taken seriously.

You realise the sport existed before Conor? It was still pretty damn popular.

What is this rubbish.

I remember Kent Shamrock. Thing is he was a professional wrestler and people weren't so sure. It's only in the last six or so years that the sport has started to grow massively. This stuff, like the bus thing, is gangster stuff and will set the sport back a long way. Once(the bus) was bad but twice is a serious issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Maybe it was purely the fear of takedowns but Conor's striking was very underwhelming, especially after having spent time on just his hands and fighting floyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yes, this is what I think. Conor did it for show and publicity in the safe confines of the arena, but for Khabib, this is now a blood feud.

No. Conor was just being a scumbag. That's who he is.

For anyone who didn't see it

giphy.gif

EDIT: double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ardinn wrote: »
    Im not sure the people here realize how bad this is for the sport, Dana, will not be happy, you dont want this sh1t, there will be absolute war in vegas tonight.

Those saying dana lapping it up, couldnt be further from the truth, he has worked tirelessly to get the scumbag "cage fighter" image away from the sport, went to every state and reporter in the country to have it taken seriously and respected, and educated them on the merits of mma, he has spent so long and has done, to his credit, his level best to get the image of the sport right, which is why you see so much respect from fighters in there.

As someone said earlier, tonight has set the sport back years, their biggest event in history. It is a serious shame it ended the way it did.

White lost any credibility when he ran to McGregor after the bus incident to set this fight and base the entire promo on that incident that he called "the most disgusting incident ever in the company".
    He's rubbing his hands at the ppv buyrate for the rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭snotboogie

jon1981 wrote: »
    McGregor done now. at least in the 1st diaz fight mcgregor hurt him. McGregor didnt lay a finger on khabib. No round 2 coming

I think he actually took a round there but ya, Khabib overall lit hit him up on the feet a comprehensive victory. Aside from all the bull**** Tony vs Khabib is still the dream match up

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor by Sub

giphy.gif

Straight to jail, do not pass go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

mdwexford wrote: »
    Love or hate Conor anyone that doesn’t think that’s an embarrassment for the sport we love is an idiot.

Disgraceful scenes.

Bus incident times a million.

Life ban for him and his team.

Litlerally 0 percent chance of this. Jesus christ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

McGregor by Sub
    In most other circumstances I'd consider it a publicity stunt but it's going to end up in a riot outside with a load of scobies soiling the reputation of our country.

The religion of peace showing its ugly head again. Cage fighting - seriously;??

Conor was as dignified as could be in defeat and I'm far from his biggest fan.

Hope UFC put serious sanctions on his pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The guy in red who sucker punched Conor should be going straight to jail

Wasn’t just him. I think another dude in black took a swing at him first.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

McGregor by Sub

giphy.gif

jesus christ, he couldn't even connect properly even with conor not aware he was there

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    So, in summary: Khabib won handily. McGregor's tactics were poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Scummy antics all around but mcgregor has made his name with scummy behaviour. You reap what you sow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is there gonna be a press conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    It's bad enough doing it backstage but **** me it couldn't get any worse than doing it during the main event of a PPV while the world is watching live.

There should be serious consequences to this for both Khabib and the other figher who jumped McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Talk to Joe 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Dante

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    He got completely out-knackered, pure gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Looks surprisingly calm as people are leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Is there gonna be a press conference?

I'd doubt it... Dana might make a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ASOT wrote: »
    John he wouldnt in my own opinion, he's a mouth. Especially the likes of Cowley.

If he had gotten off that bus he was getting hammered. The amount of Adrenalin, rage and coke those lads were high on, it was gonna be violent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Scummy antics all around but mcgregor has made his name with scummy behaviour. You reap what you sow.

Spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

ChrisM wrote: »
    Did McGregor look 100% to you guys from the off?

Besides the arrogant game plan ��

I noticed that, didn't see any fire there, almost a glazed looked on his face. Never seemed to get into the fight at all. I dunno. He's finished now in mma. Crappy way to end it on a tap out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

Stupid actions all round. Bottom line is dont f$*k with the russians. McGregor clearly thinks its all words in the build up and part of the game. Not to some.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement