Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Mellor wrote: »
    Outraged, lol?
    I said Khabib did nothing in the third. I stand by that. I reckon the stats back it up.
    He was up 2 rounds with a probably 10-8. I also said that on thread also. I think that's fair tbh.l

What did Conor do in the 3rd?

Really.

Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ferguson saying he wants McGregor. Hardly surprising now I guess given it'd be for a belt.

Dana up next at the presser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

First time seeing Khabib - not really sure what could be done - he won’t really engage with and just tries to get a guy on the floor - I presume he’s done this to the 27 other guys....Very frustrating to fight I’d imagine...Looked like a fight maybe for the purists/technical folk...

But even if you take Khabib's amazing wrestling, he was still the better striker in that some how

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

I'd say Dana is backstage as we speak trying to get Dillon Dannis to put pen to paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Not sure but one angle it looked liked Danis might have landed something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I don't understand some fans saying "McGregor deserved it" are fans so mentally retarded to not understand that he is creating hype to sell fights.

The bus thing, lobov, McGregor grasping at obscure insults in press conferences, it's just a performance, why would they buy into it?

His words are just that, words. The maturity of these guys hitting a drained and exhausted fighter whom they have never met personally and know nothing about is unbelievable.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    ASOT wrote: »
    Nice fella he is , just like to scrap.

Ya know what. He's totally as sound as he seems. Probably the most humble man to ever walk through the doors on the navan road. Toss up between him and gunni.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Wailin wrote: »
    He was getting hammered trading punches as well. Two years out of the octagon and it showed big time.

Fair enough....I thought McGregor looked lighter than Khabib and a bit nervous entering....I presume Conor can’t really go after/attack Khabib properly due to fear of take down - can’t really get stuck - feel like he is just waiting to sneak down and grab your legs...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

McGregor by Sub
    Poor form if khabib spat on him at the end there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Poor Arden can't catch a break.

Not sure but one angle it looked liked Danis might have landed something

Yeah that last one posted looks like he got something in. Hardly surprising I guess not smart though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't understand some fans saying "McGregor deserved it" are fans so mentally retarded to not understand that he is creating hype to sell fights.

The bus thing, lobov, McGregor grasping at obscure insults in press conferences, it's just a performance, why would they buy into it?

His words are just that, words. The maturity of these guys hitting a drained and exhausted fighter whom they have never met personally and know nothing about is unbelievable.

No the bus thing wasn't just selling the fight. I think overall his hatred for khabib was less than khabib for him by the end of it, but he has a part in it all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor by Sub
    As disgraceful as everything was, and as much as I go on about sport over spectacle, I really hope Drake got caught with a stray fist or elbow.

Ferguson hasn't sparred in 4 or 5 years that seems crazy.

After he tapped, McGregor sat there and took Khabib roaring in his face like a man, which can't have been easy for him.
    Easier than standing up. :pac:

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    As disgraceful as everything was, and as much as I go on about sport over spectacle, I really hope Drake got caught with a stray fist or elbow.

I'm just waiting for the Drake "To Catch a Predator" special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

Disgusting scenes after the fight but I'm surprised something like that didn't happen years ago. The trash talk and abuse may be tolerated by some but you have to know that at some stage somebody will take offence and it will get personal very quickly. I actually thought something like that might have happened after the Aldo fight TBH

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    jimmii wrote: »
    Dana up next at the presser.

You have press credentials or something? Still waiting for Tony on the feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

But even if you take Khabib's amazing wrestling, he was still the better striker in that some how

I wonder did Conor maybe never feel free to really strike? As in you must be constantly thinking ‘if I miss here or don’t land a good shot he’s down on my legs straight away’....Not sure - don’t know enough about sport could understand maybe someone thinking like that...

• Advertisement

Police just shown going into Conor changing room. First bit of back stage stuff they've really shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sitting here watching press conference no one has appeared for good twenty plus mins!

There all just sitting waiting ha.

What's next!?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

McGregor by Sub
    hearing rumours that tony mcgregor is on a flight to dagestan to try and smooth things over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Dana being interviewed by Fox post-fight.

https://twitter.com/StreetsRageMMA/status/1048815611609055232

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I wonder did Conor maybe never feel free to really strike? As in you must be constantly thinking ‘if I miss here or don’t land a good shot he’s down on my legs straight away’....Not sure - don’t know enough about sport could understand maybe someone thinking like that...

He's fought wrestlers before. Didn't stop him then. If you had that line of thinking you'd not throw a punch incase someone knocked you out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

sonic85 wrote: »
    Disgusting scenes after the fight but I'm surprised something like that didn't happen years ago. The trash talk and abuse may be tolerated by some but you have to know that at some stage somebody will take offence and it will get personal very quickly.

Nah...to Islamic people everything is serious..Sure they even get excited when people draw cartoons of Muhammad

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    jimmii wrote: »
    Police just shown going into Conor changing room. First bit of back stage stuff they've really shown.

Where are you watching this?

You have press credentials or something? Still waiting for Tony on the feed.

Tony was just on the after show. Got a notification from the app saying Dana was up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

sonic85 wrote: »
    Disgusting scenes after the fight but I'm surprised something like that didn't happen years ago. The trash talk and abuse may be tolerated by some but you have to know that at some stage somebody will take offence and it will get personal very quickly. I actually thought something like that might have happened after the Aldo fight TBH

I'm not a fan of it but trash talk has been a part of the sport for as long as it's existed, dealing with it without lashing out like that is a small price to pay when your reward is $50m.

• Advertisement

Where are you watching this?

BT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement