Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Mellor wrote: »
    100% agree
    And if you get the mouth open, you can compresses the jaw into the carotid and get the strangle on top.

He did very little in honesty. But more than Khabib. So it's his round. Khabibs greater damage prior doesn't affect the scores of the third.
    Scorecards?

Tbh I don't see what Conor does to get the 3rd at all. Khabib was the aggressor, I'd give me it to him.

Makes no odds either was because as you said it as a round off for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Well 3 of his crew are going to prison, so really they paid.

Jail*.

Not prison. It's different.
    I don't know , sucker punch someone in the back of the head could be attempted manslaughter.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    I don't know , sucker punch someone in the back of the head could be attempted manslaughter.

There's no such thing as attempted man slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    Nobody benefits from what happened. UFC just had their cash cow choked out, and the only thing which would have resulted in McGregor back in a boxing ring would have been him doing to Khabib what he did to Eddie (so that's an end to all that I believe now and many will be delighted to hear it no doubt). Even the Trilogy fight with Nate now loses some of it's appeal I feel.

Only one thing would make the UFC happy and that's if McGrgeor can do what he did after Nate made him tap out and that's come back victoriously and so that's what I see all concerned trying to do now once again.

Don't think he'll be successful personally but what choice do they have. They could make Ferguson Khabib and I think they will, but there's no way they won't at least try to get the McGregor train back on the tracks (at some stage) and the only fight that would go anywhere near accomplishing that is a rematch with Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mellor wrote: »
    100% agree
    And if you get the mouth open, you can compresses the jaw into the carotid and get the strangle on top.

He did very little in honesty. But more than Khabib. So it's his round. Khabibs greater damage prior doesn't affect the scores of the third.
    Scorecards?

Posted them earlier mate:
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    all three cards were identical:

29-27 Khabib,

10-9 K
    10-8 K
    10-9 C

McGregor won a round for the 'it wasn't even close' contingent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

ffs it was obvious something like that was going to happen. Surely they should have been security all over the cage once the thing ended.

There's no such thing as attempted man slaughter.
    Fine it could result in murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Khabib's guys released after conor refuses to press charges. Dana also says the guys who jumped in will never fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Conor refused to press charges and the 3 have been released.

Conor not pressing charges. Dana says that the guys that jumped in the ring after will "never fight here".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ffs it was obvious something like that was going to happen. Surely they should have been security all over the cage once the thing ended.

They had plenty of security there.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    In fairness to Conor he sticks to his lifestyle here. Three guys who were arrested were released because Conor wouldn't press charges.

Lol scaled that thing like he's a parkour guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would be harsh on Khabib to have his purse withheld. White and the UFC have to shoulder some of the blame here. They’ve tolerated scumbaggery from Mc Gregor over the last few years that it was only a matter of time before others joined in.

Dana: I'm not mad I'm just disappointed.

Oooh he's fired the big guns!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

sonic85 wrote: »
    Disgusting scenes after the fight but I'm surprised something like that didn't happen years ago. The trash talk and abuse may be tolerated by some but you have to know that at some stage somebody will take offence and it will get personal very quickly. I actually thought something like that might have happened after the Aldo fight TBH

The cynic in me says it’s the planned to drive up sales a rematch.

Oh wow khabib is coming out :eek:

jimmii wrote: »
    Weird time for him to come out, this gets more bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Where you watching guys? I have bt sport but the channel despite saying UFC has formula e on.
    Did it switch to another channel

ted1 wrote: »
    The cynic in me says it’s the planned to drive up sales a rematch.

I just don't understand this at all. This is completely out of the ufcs control khabib might not even be allowed the country again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Where you watching guys? I have by sport but the channel despite saying UFC has formula e on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4stbYqXacY

Where you watching guys? I have by sport but the channel despite saying UFC has formula e on.

The press conference is on YouTube.

Nurmagomedov by Sub

I actually hope we hear from both.

It was a fantastic card and a great fight while.it lasted.

The stuff at the end was idiocy. Especially the training partners jumping in.

But it was the biggest fight in MMA history to date, both are fit enough to talk. Bring them out and let them chat.

Weird time for him to come out, this gets more bizarre

Yeah surprising alright. Be interesting to see how the media treats him.

Dana trying to avoid any responsibility for bigging up the fight using the footage of the bus.

I thought Allah didn't allow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

thebull85 wrote: »
    Irish outnumbering russians over there and still gettin the **** beat out of them, embarrasing night

One group of fans out for the craic, going back to good jobs on Monday wsntvto look respectable
    V
    One group of who generally are thugs and meat heads.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Dana trying to avoid any responsibility for bigging up the fight using the footage of the bus.

Shift the blame to someone else at all opportunities.

I actually hope we hear from both.

It was a fantastic card and a great fight while.it lasted.

The stuff at the end was idiocy. Especially the training partners jumping in.

But it was the biggest fight in MMA history to date, both are fit enough to talk. Bring them out and let them chat.

Conor will surely want to come out too. Was expecting him to come out anyway surprised khabib is doing it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

McGregor by Sub
    couldn't disagree with Dana more here.

he's acting like it's just a terrible coincidence that this happened on the biggest UFC event of all time.

but the truth is it was only the biggest event of all time because he allowed his fighters to get extreme personal by bringing family, culture, politics and religion into it for PR purposes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement