Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

Fine it could result in murder.

It could result in death. Murder is for a criminal court and a jury to decide on. It's very difficult to establish 'mens rea', the mental component required for a conviction of murder, in 'one punch death' cases, although one assume's that Nevada, indeed the US in general, come down harder on it than European courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dana says its not 100% confirmed Khabib won't be stripped. Thinks the commission will go after him hard. The governor was there tonoght and went running out the building. Oops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ted1 wrote: »
    The cynic in me says it’s the planned to drive up sales a rematch.

Don't think so. Seeing a couple of videos of fighting on the streets. If even one UFC fan is seriously hurt its a big disaster for the UFC. They would seriously struggle for licencing for future fights, at the very least having a huge stain on the reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"The Governor went running out of the building"

lol. I'm sure the Governor wont appreciate it being described in those terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor by Sub
    A sports journalist telling Dana he should follow the NFLs discipline model...what a clown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,393 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fair enough. Let's agree there will always be morons on both sides. Enjoy what's left of your BBQ, I'm off back to the scratcher!

Agreed.
    BBQ still going strong. :)
    Proper 12 review pending :pac: :pac:

"The Governor went running out of the building"

lol. I'm sure the Governor wont appreciate it being described in those terms.

Yeah he probably won't appreciate that lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor by Sub
    I saw earlier media reported that Conor has left the arena, surprised Khabib is being left talk to media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor by Sub
    Fair dues to Dana answering Qs like a normal human being not a corporate robot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Mellor wrote: »
    Agreed.

Hope you have the making of a sour to put it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,547 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Just watched the full fight.

Kabib totally superior. In full control once it went to ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

jimmii wrote: »
    I just don't understand this at all. This is completely out of the ufcs control khabib might not even be allowed the country again!

You never watched WWE growing up? These things are completely in their control

Fear not he’ll be able to fight in the country again

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Would be harsh on Khabib to have his purse withheld. White and the UFC have to shoulder some of the blame here. They’ve tolerated scumbaggery from Mc Gregor over the last few years that it was only a matter of time before others joined in.

True but at this stage, they might honestly want Khabib gone. He’s never going to draw in the casual fans, has a fighting style that leads to drawn out technical ground fights and looks to have McGregor’s number. If he’s always going to be a roadblock between McGregor and the main event and therefore mountains of money for the UFC, it’s a handy way to get him out of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

McGregor by Sub
    Mellor wrote: »
    Agreed.

Prick.. ****in starving here and too wrecked to get up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

McGregor by Decision
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Just watched the full fight.

Kabib totally superior. In full control once it went to ground.

there was a fight??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah feels a lot like this , wonder will they finish it all at.......WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!

Seems like fisticuffs compared to throwing a block through a bus window

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Was glad to get out of there. Dana was right not to award the belt. Wierd mood leaving happy to get to my hotel. Still a few wearing khabib hats. Im hitting sack not going down the strip.

Lol they have absolutely no control what happens to khabib! You think WWE & UFC can control the authorities? Alexis Sanchez wasn't allowed to the USA over the summer it's easy to get on their blocked list!

I never watched WWE at all just one of things that didn't interest me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor by Sub
    Khabib out boxed McGregor. Total domination. McGregor looked half the fighter he was even when fresh. This coming from a fanboy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

So many ****ing clowns around vegas most of them irish, hopefully nothing too serious happens

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Better angle here, my god the amount of Conor swung first comments is mad. He got stopped getting out of the cage and he was trying to stop Khabib getting backup and then got attacked by 3 guys from front side and back.

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1048828341573189632?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

jimmii wrote: »
    Lol they have absolutely no control what happens to khabib! You think WWE & UFC can control the authorities? Alexis Sanchez wasn't allowed to the USA over the summer it's easy to get on their blocked list!

If it was in New York maybe, but it’s Vegas, there’s always a deal to be done if it’s going to bring enough money to the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Khabib out boxed McGregor. Total domination. McGregor looked half the fighter he was even when fresh. This coming from a fanboy

I dunno if he out boxed him. I haven't seen any stats yet but I'd be surprised if Khabib landed more on the feet. Conor threw some nice teeps and jabs and connected with a few straight lefts while it was on the feet. I was stunned when Khabib dropped him though. Never saw that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    Good angle of what occurred in the aftermath...

https://twitter.com/JoshHarris25/status/1048804103776862209

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

I think Dana should be accepting more responsibility. It's up to him to put the money in to making sure that nothing like that happened. Conor said that it wasn't over even when the fight is over, it was pretty obvious that something was gonna kick off.

At least they managed to catch conor before he got out of the cage! That angle tells a bit of a different story.

McGregor by Sub
    Drake looking for Khabib :pac:

https://twitter.com/TommyToeHold/status/1048830151604285440?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

My take on the fight too ,the ufc,Dana and Rogsn were laughable on there take of what happend after ,it was all there making ,orchestrated by Conor snd they let it all gon,Conor got personal on kabibs family ,tradition culture etc ,Conor acted the thug with all his buddies in New York etc etc .the better fighter win this comfortably both on fight night and in the lead up ,mcg just couldn’t rattle him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Fine it could result in murder.

It could result in death. Murder is for a criminal court and a jury to decide on. It's very difficult to establish 'mens rea', the mental component required for a conviction of murder, in 'one punch death' cases, although one assume's that Nevada, indeed the US in general, come down harder on it than European courts.

I was just googling about a guy in Nevada who ended up serving just a voluntary manslaughter charge for a sucker punch. He was originally charged with murder but it was reduced.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2018/apr/10/man-gets-3-to-10-years-in-sucker-punch-death/

• Advertisement

I think Dana should be accepting more responsibility. It's up to him to put the money in to making sure that nothing like that happened. Conor said that it wasn't over even when the fight is over, it was pretty obvious that something was gonna kick off.

In fairness it did sound like they put a lot more security measure in place for this than normal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement