Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Credit to the UFC security here , that big bald security guy that's always at weigh in's and was in Brooklyn and stopped Crowley when he was trying to throw the railing was straight in there and grabbed Khabib and pulled him aside.

Efficient.

Yeah that guy was on it in a flash. There was security everywhere but it's hard to predict people sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Better angle here, my god the amount of Conor swung first comments is mad. He got stopped getting out of the cage and he was trying to stop Khabib getting backup and then got attacked by 3 guys from front side and back.

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1048828341573189632?s=19

McGregor definitely throws the first punch there as the two of them are sitting on the top of the fence facing each other.

You may have your eyes checked :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭The Dagestani Eagle

The Irish must be getting nose bleeds up there on the moral high ground.
    The moral gymnastics been shown by Mcgregor fans is quite a sight to behold. Your boy started all of this. Years ago. He has been allowed act like a toe rag without any meaningful reprisals or sanction.Dragging every pre fight into the gutter.

He was a spoiled brat and was allowed become bigger than the business.

Every indiscretion justified with cries of "genius" "numbers" "marketing" "moving the needle" .

Well guess what boys.The needle got moved. It got shoved clean up your arse. You wanted a war and you ****ing got one. Except this time the playground bully was bigger than yours.

The snake oil salesman has been found out. The emperor has clothes bar his fur coat with no knickers.

If you wrestle with a pig and it gets dirty, the pig might like it.

All the talk of "**** on bus" and "coward" and "tapping windows ".

Who's the tapper now? who looked afraid now?

Slagging off peoples family, culture ,calling them backwards kunts , laughing at other cultures because they don't drink and then the fans have the temerity to be offended when the taste gets slapped out of his mouth.

Manners well and truly put on the lot of them. That was a hiding. Khabib even landed the better punches.

Beaten in the Octagon in the stands and on the streets.

Get the ole ole'rs back to ireland. The streets won't sweep themselves.

Broken, Bloodied and Beaten. You'll die in the class you were born.

Inshallah

Mod: Banned for trolling..I wouldn't hurry back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I was sleeping and missed it. Can someone get me up to speed. I don’t want to trawl through pages and pages

Kabib totally outclasses Conor during the fight and wins by submission, though is a little disappointed as it seems he would have been much happier dismantling Conors face on the octagon.

Unhappy with no face dismantling Kabib then jumps over the cage and seeks to rearrange Conors teams faces - security prevent this.

Conor seeing Kabib jumping over to attack his team tries to get out of cage and is attacked (couple of handbags thrown) by Kabibs team.

Security inside and outside octagon get a handle on things.

After fight, Dana appears with a look on his face of utter disappointment, and proceeds to explain this look is due to Kabibs after fight antics, most people know this look is due to Dana pretty much saying goodbye to his cashcow as the manner of defeat couldnt justify even a discussion of a rematch.

Apparently the Nevada State Athletic Commission Governor went running for his life after the post fight brawl, seems he may never have attended an MMA fight before and nobody gave him a heads up on post fight additional entertainment.

Boards.ie fight thread is now discussing whether people should be charged with murder or manslaughter, when nobody was actually killed.

Conor left the building

Kabib came out and said Putin rang to congratulate him, but hes not looking forward to going home as his dad is going to smash him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,547 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Who was the guy that jumped McGregor from behind? Total coward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

"Putin rang me and said that he congratulated me".

Yeah that will certainly bring the western media right back on to your side. And he's gone.

Is conor not coming out. Jesus he looked like an old man sitting on the ground in that twitter video. My stream is saying that the press conference is over.

Eh

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1018560216818966533?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭uptherebels

McGregor by Sub
    The Irish must be getting nose bleeds up there on the moral high ground.
    The moral gymnastics been shown by Mcgregor fans is quite a sight to behold. Your boy started all of this. Years ago. He has been allowed act like a toe rag without any meaningful reprisals or sanction.Dragging every pre fight into the gutter.

He was a spoiled brat and was allowed become bigger than the business.

Every indiscretion justified with cries of "genius" "numbers" "marketing" "moving the needle" .

Well guess what boys.The needle got moved. It got shoved clean up your arse. You wanted a war and you ****ing got one. Except this time the playground bully was bigger than yours.

The snake oil salesman has been found out. The emperor has clothes bar his fur coat with no knickers.

If you wrestle with a pig and it gets dirty, the pig might like it.

All the talk of "**** on bus" and "coward" and "tapping windows ".

Who's the tapper now? who looked afraid now?

Slagging off peoples family, culture ,calling them backwards kunts , laughing at other cultures because they don't drink and then the fans have the temerity to be offended when the taste gets slapped out of his mouth.

Manners well and truly put on the lot of them. That was a hiding. Khabib even landed the better punches.

Beaten in the Octagon in the stands and on the streets.

Get the ole ole'rs back to ireland. The streets won't sweep themselves.

Broken, Bloodied and Beaten. You'll die in the class you were born.

Inshallah
    0/10 trying to hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

I agree, it looks like McGregor swings first puch at the guy on top of the cage and the guy in the black shirt in the cage after. Not blaming McGregor, Khabib and his team created the situation. I thought it was a chair the guy on the cage was hitting McGregor with but see now it was one of this big fluffy hats. Not sure what he thought that would achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well at least he csn go back to selling his dog piss whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

McGregor by Decision
    EoineyM wrote: »
    I agree, it looks like McGregor swings first puch at the guy on top of the cage and the guy in the black shirt in the cage after. Not blaming McGregor, Khabib and his team created the situation. I thought it was a chair the guy on the cage was hitting McGregor with but see now it was one of this big fluffy hats. Not sure what he thought that would achieve.

He just got sucker punched, I can forgive him for not thinking straight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

EoineyM wrote: »

McGregor created the situation since attacking the bus. Let's not pretend like it was some random losing the head from Khabib. It's been a long time on the boil.

0/10 trying to hard.

Created an account for that. It'll kill him if nobody responds :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭The Dagestani Eagle

0/10 trying to hard.

"too"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

McGregor humbled, never troubled Khabib who was entirely dominant. No point in a rematch. Tony Ferguson would fvk him up too.

Khabib was idiotic but no worse than anything McGregor has done. The 2 boys that attacked McGregor in the Octagon were a disgrace. Still probably the most entertaining part of the night.

GSP the absolute GOAT

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Lucky McGregor managed to dodge khabib until now...had he met him earlier in his career i highly doubt we'd be seeing proper 12 on the tesco shelves

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭MattressRick

McGregor and his team had that coming. McGregor spends so much time at official UFC press conferences insulting other fighters, their families, cultures so this was coming. Glad it happened, it'll force the UFC to control McGregor somewhat. The guy was getting too big for his boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

0/10 trying to hard.

Too hard you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Would like to see Ferguson Khabib now, that would be a great fight.

I don’t think Conor’s heart is in it anymore; he doesn’t need the money. He will probably show up at wrestlemania next year at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Embarrassing for Ireland this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

vicwatson wrote: »

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Why because an irish fighter lost a fight? I think the country has bigger things to worry about.

Is it?

Probably more embarressing for people that are embarressed about it.

Most people will get on with their day without a second thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,392 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The Irish must be getting nose bleeds up there on the moral high ground...

Oh bless...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

People are seeing that they want to see

Conor threw the first punch at khabibs team when he was trying to get out of the cage

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Why because an irish fighter lost a fight? I think the country has bigger things to worry about.

No, because of the circus around the fight and the bad press the fighting outside is receiving, Ireland’s fighting Irish name is alive and well in the USA again this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Really showed the sport up for what it is ... lowlifes and scombags from all over Ireland destroying Ireland’s name ... it’s become the sport of drug dealers to show off their wealth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

hurler32 wrote: »
    Really showed the sport up for what it is ... lowlifes and scombags from all over Ireland destroying Ireland’s name ... it’s become the sport of drug dealers to show off their wealth

Oh shut up. UFC hasn't a patch on it compared to Horse racing...boxing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

No, because of the circus around the fight and the bad press the fighting outside is receiving, Ireland’s fighting Irish name is alive and well in the USA again this morning

Wait wasn't the guy who assaulted people outside of the sanctioned fight from Russia? I don't think he was irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    hurler32 wrote: »

Destroying Ireland name? And please tell us what Ireland name was before?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement