Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wwf style staged antics to keep the punters hooked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor by Sub
    Wwf style staged antics to keep the punters hooked in.

No, don't think so at all. Honestly, Khabib lost his cool and made some stupid decisions that appear are going to come with a high price tag for his pals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    That's not what happened. Khabib was already fighting outside the cage by then

Right, but Khabib didn't attack Conor, Khabib's team weren't attacking Conor either until Conor punched one of them from the blind side when he couldn't defend himself. Conor doing Conor things and people doing logical back flips as usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Lie. He did not.

Lie he did. Put on your specs and look at the footage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Lie. He did not.

Except he did.

Sure if only there was evidence...............

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Mcgregor%20first%20punch&src=typed_query

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The Nal wrote: »

#fakenews

If you ignore that part of the clip the other guy threw the first punch at McGregor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Will McGregor have to give some kind of interview / post match press conference ? Be interesting to hear him out the wrong side of the fight now

McGregor by Sub
    Lie he did. Put on your specs and look at the footage

You are easily gaslit. The footage is taken AFTER Khabib had gone over the cage and his teamates were jumping in. But hey, knock yourself out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭The Dagestani Eagle

He was absolutely mauled.

beaten like a red headed step child. humbled. silenced. man shamed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

McGregor by Sub
    I hope we finally get to see Ferguson vs Khabib now.
    5th time's a charm.

Lads, please don't take the bait and reply to that fool.

• Advertisement

Disclaimer: Zahabi is a Renzo Black Belt. Khabib regularly trains in Renzo's HQ in NYC.
    Khabib has trained with TriStar fighters. Renzo's guys and Danis have a looong history.

That being said, the man has a point.
    Dillon Danis is a low life.

https://twitter.com/Firas_Zahabi/status/1048809282815320064
    Not being smart but Zahabi is hardline Islamist and that heavily biases his opinion here. He's not capable of looking at it objectively.

Danis was kicked out of Marcelo's for trash talking on social media. We know that, Marcelo explained it. Much of which is tongue-in-cheek and basically an attempt to promote himself.

The idea that this proves he's an 'intolerable' person and deserves a flying kick in the face is absurd. When a man jumps into a crowd feet-first the only person we need to be criticising is the man who jumped into the crowd feet-first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

You are easily gaslit. The footage is taken AFTER Khabib had gone over the cage and his teamates were jumping in. But hey, knock yourself out.

Jumping not punching. Why lie?

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    I hope we finally get to see Ferguson vs Khabib now.
    5th time's a charm.

Shush, we don't mention the incident.

That fight will never happen, it's cursed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It's not up to him to take the law into his own hands.
    That was a separate incident.

Cop yourself on

If you want to play the butterfly effect game you would be here all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Totally different league. Man vs boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

McGregor by Sub
    Shush, we don't mention the incident.

That fight will never happen, it's cursed.

The MMA gods can't do it to us again, they just can't.
    Khabib is probably gonna retire now anyway. ****e.

McGregor by Sub
    It's not up to him to take the law into his own hands.
    That was a separate incident.

Cop yourself on

If you want to play the butterfly effect game you would be here all day.

:rolleyes: talk about needing to cop yourself on. Take yer own advice, "separate" my arse.

Nurmagomedov by Sub

Danis was kicked out of Marcelo's for trash talking on social media. We know that, Marcelo explained it.

Zahabi knows Danis personally, has done for years, and has dealth with his ****. The claim he's some borderline isis member is nonsense trying to distract from a man pretty much everyone in MMA would say is spot on giving an opinion about Conor's little pet.

Danis was finally kicked out of Marcelo's gym for being a disrespectful dick online. That's the final straw, not the only reason.

Danis isn't some innocent bystander here. He's a walking dumpster fire who got one of many slaps he has and will continue to get. Walking around telling one of the P4P best fighters on earth his family isn't safe because your sugar daddy doesn't like him, talking **** even after your sponsor just got man handled 5 feet from you and then ****ting your jocks when the man you threatened and talked **** to comes for you.

For all Conor's talk or Rats and cowards the fact that he has idiots like Danis and half of Crumlins worst canal algae in his camp is ridiculous.

Fair play to Conor though, he went in there and tried to back up his talk, got humbled and sat there and took his licks when Khabib finished him,but it's a humbling he built himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

What a great start of day. Going to embassy now to vote Bolsonaro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No, Danis was finally kicked out of Marcelo's gym for being a disrespectful dick online. That's the final straw, not the only reason.

Danis isn't some innocent bystander here. He's a walking dumpster fire who got one of many slaps he has and will continue to get. Walking around telling one of the P4P best fighters on earth his family isn't safe because your sugar daddy doesn't like him, talking **** even after your sponsor just got man handled 5 feet from you and then ****ting your jocks when the man you threatened and talked **** to comes for you.

For all Conor's talk or Rats and cowards the fact that he has idiots like Danis and half of Crumlins worst canal algae in his camp is ridiculous.

Fair play to Conor though, he went in there and tried to back up his talk, got humbled and sat there and took his licks when Khabib finished him,but it's a humbling he built himself.
    You are really taking this very seriously. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub

If you considered being chocked out, mauled, he was, but I think it takes much more for one fighter to have done to another to warrant saying that they were mauled by them, than what we saw there last night........ for two rounds Khabib had McGregor on his back and there was little in it. Khabib as getting nowhere and landed almost no significant strikes.

It's wasn't until McGrgeor started tiring that Khabib was able to take his back and chocke him out, same as the Diaz fight and so I would his cardio is still one of the biggest issues he has, not his strength or bjj skills, otherwise he would have been choked out not long after being taken down.

I'd certainly be interested in a rematch anyway, as I feel he fought in a way that played to Khabibs strengths and not his own. It was obvious from JK's comments between rounds that he didn't want him walking Khabib down the way he was.

Time as ever will tell I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

What’s the correct spelling for wambulance?

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    If you considered being chocked out, mauled, he was, but I think it takes much more for one fighter to have done to another to warrant saying that they were mauled by them, than what we saw there last night........ for two rounds Khabib had McGregor on his back and there was little in it. Khabib as getting nowhere and landed almost no significant strikes.

It's wasn't until McGrgeor started tiring that Khabib was able to take his back and chocke him out, same as the Diaz fight and so I would his cardio is still one of the biggest issues he has, not his strength or bjj skills, otherwise he would have been choked out not long after being taken down.

I'd certainly be interested in a rematch anyway, as I feel he fought in a way that played to Khabibs strengths and not his own. It was obvious from JK's comments between rounds that he didn't want him walking Khabib down the way he was.

Did you miss the bit where Khabib literally knocked Conor on his arse with an overhand right?

McGregor by Sub

:D I bet we all would, despite the disclaimers and disappointment right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Any score cards released yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭The Dagestani Eagle

he dragged the whole sport into the gutter.

and thats where he drowned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

irishman86 wrote: »
    Nothing beats a Conor McGregor thread for showing just how Irish people hate to see other Irish people do well
    Its quiet sad

Trying to boil this down to begrudgery is pathetic. McGregor inspired hatred because he's a scumbag, not because he's successful. You don't see people going after Robbie Keane like this, because Keane is a decent human being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Trying to boil this down to begrudgery is pathetic. McGregor inspired hatred because he's a scumbag, not because he's successful. You don't see people going after Robbie Keane like this, because Keane is a decent human being.

McGregor could have done with Keane's waving arms this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Just saw that twitter vid of brawls in the auditorium. That (Irish?) fan took a seriously bad punch. He was sparko before he hit the ground and his head took a severe hop off it. Hope he’s okay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

sightband wrote: »
    Just saw that twitter vid of brawls in the auditorium. That (Irish?) fan took a seriously bad punch. He was sparko before he hit the ground and his head took a severe hop off it. Hope he’s okay.

It knocked some sense into him if nothing else. With the recent rise of MMA and Boxing beginning to revive itself, every clown thinks he's Conor McGregor or Anthony Joshua and thinks he can fight and start a fight anywhere. Social media obviously isn't helping with lads being encouraged by the chance of ten seconds of fame on Twitter.

The amount of idiots starting fights on nights out now just so they act the maggot and think they're Conor or Floyd Mayweather for five minutes is embarrassing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement