Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

McGregor by Sub
    Fast enough hands there from Khabib alight, but two years ago Conor doesn't get tagged by that.

Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rivet

Ireland's shame.

"Why are your kids named Bob and Donald?" to a Brazilian opponent.

“My socks are worth more than the suit you had on, you little bum. I could buy and sell you a hundred times over”

“He's a quiet little hillbilly from the back arse of nowhere. His cousin is probably named Cletus.”

"I would invade his favela on horseback, and would kill anyone who wasn't fit to work"

"Kiss them feet Nazi" to a German

“You look like you’ve had a stroke. The left side of your face is drooping. I’m worried about you.”

"Smelly Dagestani rat, mad backwards c*nt" to a muslim

"Dance for me boy" to a black man

A national disgrace that hijacked our flag and tarnished us all in front of the world. Needs to disappear from our screens and not come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If there is a rematch, Conor obviously needs to respect Khabib but he also needs to focus more on his own strengths.

Honestly I thought he showed him too much respect and didn't start to fight his own fight until the third round. He took that round but didn't have enough in the tank after that. He was too cautious in his striking in the first two rounds and looked to be hanging back at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    All the thrash talk and real chav talk has been stale a while now. It really will be dead in the water now..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Rivet wrote: »
    Ireland's shame.

“My socks are worth more than the suit you had on, you little bum. I could buy and sell you a hundred times over”

“He's a quiet little hillbilly from the back arse of nowhere. His cousin is probably named Cletus.”

"I would invade his favela on horseback, and would kill anyone who wasn't fit to work"

“You look like you’ve had a stroke. The left side of your face is drooping. I’m worried about you.”

A national disgrace that hijacked our flag and tarnished us all in front of the world. Needs to disappear from our screens and not come back.

Point to the place on the doll where McGregor touched you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Just watched it again, he was blowing hard after one round. As mentioned before he just didn’t seem to have that same drive and focus. He looked jaded before it even kicked off, only for the bit of showboating which isn’t hard to do. He always said in his early days he was going to get in and get out when his money was made...I think he should. Btw, after watching it again...he is held in that neck crank way too long after he tapped out, yer man could’ve done serious damage to him. There’s youtube vids of this lunatic wrestling bears when he was a kid, he’s a f*ckin animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Draw
    The Nal wrote: »
    Didnt he clock someone at the infamous Bellator fight off the cage also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,547 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Honestly I thought he showed him too much respect and didn't start to fight his own fight until the third round. He took that round but didn't have enough in the tank after that. He was too cautious in his striking in the first two rounds and looked to be hanging back at times.

Not much he could do with his own game while on the ground!

Once it goes to ground Kabib is totally superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Ireland's shame.

But but but the banter but but but the suits but but but but the whiskey.

He was bound to make someone snap and go ape**** on him, he's just a little unlucky it was a scary Russian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor by Sub
    I'm unfortunate enough to work in a District Court each week. The amount of times I've heard that, and similar arguments, being put before a Judge. "I wasn't actually provoked or placed in imminent danger, but I chinned him just in case".

There's definitely the makings of a solicitor in you.

You really are set on ignoring where and when this took place, continuing to treat this as some stand-alone act. It's not accurate and I can't imagine anyone but Conor-haters will sign on to this version of events.

Inshallah and all that jazz......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    The end result is not up for debate, but I think it's fair to say a sub-optimal Conor showed up last night. There was nothing measured or tactical. Movement all but absent. Conditioning suspect, but relatively speaking never his strong-suit as everyone knows and he did put in a fair stint grappling in the first which might have depleted him no matter what. Still, expected a bit more so the question mark there is fair. Disconcerting to see him disregard corner advice to hang back as well.

Perhaps the motivation just isn't quite what it used to be - understandable given what he's done and what he's given to the game in respect of promotion, and of course what he's got from the game. Seems pride figured highly in every aspect of this fight, right from the timing of its making and its raison d'être, down to the game-planning and his input over camp - perhaps more specifics will emerge about this.

It's nothing new with elite athletes going off the boil. Sometimes they get away with it through sheer talent and a bit of luck. This was never going to be the case with Khabib - he was in for the fight of his life.

He won't get a quick rematch. The proof will be in the pudding if really wants another crack - something other than a Diaz 3 would prove that. If it's Diaz 3 and off into the sun then fair play. So what. He did more than enough.

Time will tell.

I think he probably spent the training camp working on the defence, knowing that Khabib would get him down.

He probably assumed he was sharp as ever on his feet. But he hasn't fought in 2 years.

I'm convinced 2016 Conor would have ended that in Round 3. Or at least done damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

Amazingfun wrote: »
    You really are set on ignoring where and when this took place, continuing to treat this as some stand-alone act. It's not accurate and I can't imagine anyone but Conor-haters will sign on to this version of events.

Inshallah and all that jazz......

You really are set on ignoring my two previous posts. Enjoy the tunnel vision.

McGregor by Sub
    But but but the banter but but but the suits but but but but the whiskey.

He was bound to make someone snap and go ape**** on him, he's just a little unlucky it was a scary Russian

Conor sells fights. If Khabib had a brain he would have just shook Conor's hand, then rubbed his face in it all over the net, lol. He ought to be thanking Conor for the rest of his days, I mean will he ever make this kind of cash minus his star power? Doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Gamb!t wrote: »
    Didnt he clock someone at the infamous Bellator fight off the cage also ?

Shhhhhhh your not allowed to say stuff like this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Conor sells fights. If Khabib had a brain he would have just shook Conor's hand, then rubbed his face in it all over the net, lol. He ought to be thanking Conor for the rest of his days, I mean will he ever make this kind of cash minus his star power? Doubtful.

He's made no money ywt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

To some people there are things more important than money.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's a dangerous sport to go at part time. If he wants to beat this man he needs to give up the Playboy lifestyle get back to grinding in the gym consistently. He remains in shape but fighting shape is another story. I agree that conditioning team need to be shot of it's worse he's getting.

Ireland's shame.

I’ve no real opinion on mcgregor, as in I wouldn’t approve of a lot of what he says or does but I also don’t give a shįte either. You lads getting your knickers in a twist about his behaviour, “shame of Ireland” blah blah have little to be worrying about. I’m guessing you spent the rest of your time losing the block over Donald Trump and his antics during mcgregors hiatus from the sport?

McGregor by Sub
    To some people there are things more important than money.

Yeah, sure. Maybe not acting like a baby in front of millions of viewers would be a good place for Khabib to start.

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    He's made no money ywt

He has no one to blame for that but himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Be careful, makikomi will be along shortly to tell you he's never met a scary Russian in his black belt bouncing career

Mod: Don't make personal comments aimed at another poster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

The O'Donovan Brothers are embarrassing to me and I'm not even a big Conor fan.

Their achievements are not even comparable.

Blatant begrudgery.

Any time an Irish man wins gold at a world championship, in what is recognised by most Olympians as the toughest sport, giving up years of their lives and being decent humans, there's people there to knock them.

It's obviously the huge amounts of money they don't earn. Maybe the humility shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

sightband wrote: »
    I’ve no real opinion on mcgregor, as in I wouldn’t approve of a lot of what he says or does but I also don’t give a shįte either. You lads getting your knickers in a twist about his behaviour, “shame of Ireland” blah blah have little to be worrying about. I’m guessing you spent the rest of your time losing the block over Donald Trump and his antics during mcgregors hiatus from the sport?

You'll do I did foookin' nuttin'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Be careful, makonomi will be along shortly to tell you he's never met a scary Russian in his black belt bouncing career

Makonomi is a good dude, but silly to be taking swipes at someone you have never met.

Also he ain't exactly a small buck either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

McGregor by Sub
    Dana giving it the old "di$gu$ted $hameful" spiel again I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dana giving it the old "di$gu$ted $hameful" spiel again I see.

He's just ringing the rematch numbers in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

McGregor by Sub
    The Irish must be getting nose bleeds up there on the moral high ground.
    The moral gymnastics been shown by Mcgregor fans is quite a sight to behold. Your boy started all of this. Years ago. He has been allowed act like a toe rag without any meaningful reprisals or sanction.Dragging every pre fight into the gutter.

He was a spoiled brat and was allowed become bigger than the business.

Every indiscretion justified with cries of "genius" "numbers" "marketing" "moving the needle" .

Well guess what boys.The needle got moved. It got shoved clean up your arse. You wanted a war and you ****ing got one. Except this time the playground bully was bigger than yours.

The snake oil salesman has been found out. The emperor has clothes bar his fur coat with no knickers.

If you wrestle with a pig and it gets dirty, the pig might like it.

All the talk of "**** on bus" and "coward" and "tapping windows ".

Who's the tapper now? who looked afraid now?

Slagging off peoples family, culture ,calling them backwards kunts , laughing at other cultures because they don't drink and then the fans have the temerity to be offended when the taste gets slapped out of his mouth.

Manners well and truly put on the lot of them. That was a hiding. Khabib even landed the better punches.

Beaten in the Octagon in the stands and on the streets.

Get the ole ole'rs back to ireland. The streets won't sweep themselves.

Broken, Bloodied and Beaten. You'll die in the class you were born.

Inshallah

**** off you smelly rat

Blatant begrudgery.

Any time an Irish man wins gold at a world championship, in what is recognised by most Olympians as the toughest sport, giving up years of their lives and being decent humans, there's people there to knock them.

It's obviously the huge amounts of money they don't earn. Maybe the humility shown.

They are two of the most supreme grade A gobhsįtes this country has ever produced. Fine athletes and congratulations to them, but are still two of the biggest gobshįtes you’ll ever hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    jon1981 wrote: »
    Mcgregor talking about a rematch on Twitter. Will need to be KO, he won't take the belt on points.

Agreed, and if he doesn’t improve I think Khabib would get the job done even more dominantly..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement