Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Whatever can be said about McGregor's condition or his behaviour, seeing Nurmagomedov trying to portray himself as being above it all is galling. He has more faces than a town clock that fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

McGregor by Sub
    rob316 wrote: »
    He's just ringing the rematch numbers in his head.

Just as well he has all those $100 dollar bills to dry his tears with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Makonomi is a good dude, but silly to be taking swipes at someone you have never met.

He started it. I expressed an opinion weeks ago. Part of that opinion was that Khabib was going to win on the ground. Makikomi was one of the 'experts' that told me I didn't know what I was talking about, yet here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

McGregor hasn't a notion of winning a rematch. Khabib didn't flinch once when the lefts landed last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

khaldrogo wrote: »
    He started it. I expressed an opinion weeks ago. Part of that opinion was that Khabib was going to win on the ground. Makikomi was one of the 'experts' that told me I didn't know what I was talking about, yet here we are.

He didn't agree with me weeks ago, everyone else doesn't remember but I'm going to try be a smart ass weeks later.

Ok buddy put down the keyboard, go outside relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Glad conor got his wings clipped.

However in relation to his stamina what are they actually doing about it because flogging him in the gym does not seem to be doing much for him. Have they looked deeper into it?

Can't see him beating Kabib in a rematch. The style doesn't suit him. Might be best either retiring or waiting to see if Ferguson beats Kabib and then going for a better style machup with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

McGregor by Sub
    That was not the man that made Eddie Alvarez look like a nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor by Sub
    I was sleeping and missed it. Can someone get me up to speed. I don’t want to trawl through pages and pages

Drake knocked out Khabib with one punch and is being prosecuted personally by the Governor of Nevada for a crime so hot it doesn't even exist: attempted manslaughter.

This guy won the night for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    We got to have Khabib vs GSP to see who the all time goat of mma is.

Would be great to have that fight for next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ricero wrote: »
    We got to have Khabib vs GSP to see who the all time goat of mma is.

Would be great to have that fight for next summer.

I would of like to see it against an In prime gsp. Not so much now tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

McGregor by Sub
    A great result for Ireland, thanks Khabib. Pity this didn't happen 3 years ago. Mc Gregor looked like an amateur. Roddy and coach kavanagh found out too. If kavanagh is so great how come there isn't more high profile fighters from straight blast gym
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    derfderf wrote: »

I remember watching the Alvarez fight and thinking how in god’s name is Alvarez the supposed best in this division...really underwhelming..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

JJayoo wrote: »
    Suppose that's what happens when you spend months insulting a guys family, religion, home and come after him with a gang like on the bus.

Those Muslim guys take their religion seriously.

The two guys who jumped in and swung at McG should be let go from the UFC.

Dana trying to sound outraged was very funny.

When did McGregor make fun of Islam?

I know in the first press conference he asked why doesn't he drink but that's not making fun of Islam at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Hearing alot of "2016 McGregor would of got a KO", "he was flat-footed", "real McGregor didn't show up" etc. Always a mitigating factor when he loses, isn't there? Same after the first Diaz fight. It's as if when the "real" McGregor shows up he wins no matter what, regardless of what the opponent does. Total arrogance from his fans really.

McGregor was taken down straight away really. He gases all the time too when he gets a few digs, he's not a warrior. Conor came in shape, he wasn't flat-footed trading in round 3, nor was his game off on the night, he simply wasn't let fight his fight, because Khabib showed up to do exactly that. Does it really give people comfort coming up with the "if the real Conor showed up", "2016 Conor" excuses? Every iteration of Conor loses this fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    If I were McGregor, I would hand up my gloves after this one. He's got a kid now and needs to think about that.

He's made enough cash to sustain himself and his family for decades. Not only that, he got sponsorship deals coming out of his arse.

I'd be heading to hollywood to do a load of action movies ala Jason Statham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    When did McGregor make fun of Islam?

I know in the first press conference he asked why doesn't he drink but that's not making fun of Islam at all.

Called him a mad "backwards" **** which most reckon was a reference to Islam

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Hopefully this is the end of this excuse for a sport. At least over here.
    Its really just legalised thuggery.
    Why not let them have guns and knives in the ring or octagon as they call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Ridiculous post

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

ricero wrote: »
    Called him a mad "backwards" **** which most reckon was a reference to Islam

you're really reaching if you think that's a religious jibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

derfderf wrote: »

Hard to suddenly turn in all back on when you've been on the tear for two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

CatFromHue wrote:

100% it was

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    IT WAS A NECK CRANK

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Keyzer wrote: »
    If I were McGregor, I would hand up my gloves after this one. He's got a kid now and needs to think about that.

He's made enough cash to sustain himself and his family for decades. Not only that, he got sponsorship deals coming out of his arse.

I'd be heading to hollywood to do a load of action movies ala Jason Statham.

Why? His persona that he's cultivated is then dead and buried, he won't be able to show his face again and talk with any credibility, since he went out a loser. No, he has to have a rematch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

this is just like the wwe, too bad tge russian bloke took mcgregors post fight crap talk personal. Perfect business for the dwindling ratings this so called sport is suffering from. Too bad people are oblivious to it. Wouldn't mind, the actual contests are quite boring to watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

CatFromHue wrote: »

Of course it was, it was at least related to his ethnicity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Where's the cricket section of this forum? I need to go there and tell them to take it back to England.....same difference

why the hell comment on something you have no interest in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor by Sub
    I absolutely cant stand that little prick Danis, I hope he never makes it to the UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

McGregor by Sub
    The Nevada state commission have withheld Khabib's cheque.
    He's probably gonna leave America with a bill in back pocket I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

McGregor by Sub
    Anyone just not understand what Tony's trying to get at? Great fighter. Self promotion doesnt click with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

McGregor by Sub
    Wouldn't mind, the actual contests are quite boring to watch!

You missed the contest before the main event i take it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement