Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    scratches head.

Were you one of those ole ole fanboys that got knocked out last night because I can't fathom any reason as to think anyone could suggest McGregor didn't throw the first punch here!

Seriously!

Not sure why you'e scratching your head. The user said:
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Sorry if already posted, heres another angle shows conor throw first punch inside the cage after the punch hanging off the cage...

Well, that's just not true as he didn't throw the first punch 'AFTER the punch hanging off the cage' at all.

Look at the gif I've just posted and you'll that all three of the Russian guys he hit.... attacked him first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Love Dan Miragliotta not batting an eye at the chaos and just sauntering over like he's going to his kitchen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 odetooi

McGregor threw first punch at the guy trying to jump out of the ring. It's well accepted now. Try to keep up

Well, that's just not true as he didn't throw the first punch 'AFTER the punch hanging off the cage' at all.

Look at the gif I've just posted and you'll that all three of the Russian guys he hit.... attacked him first.

You are just being RIDICULOUSLY pedantic. You know full well what the poster meant when he said inside the octagon.

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    This one is my favourite.

Mainly because it happens BEFORE your one

Eh, maybe if you actually read what was posted. The user was not talking about who threw first there:
    Sorry if already posted, heres another angle shows conor throw first punch inside the cage after the punch hanging off the cage...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Nurmagomedov by Sub

Haha settle pettle

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Bit of a sideshow going on about the melee after the fight. But it can put to bed any idea that Khabib was afraid to get off the bus.

McGregor by Sub
    Haha settle pettle

No argument. So I take it you're admitting you were wrong then? Good.

Eh, maybe if you actually read what was posted. The user was not talking about who threw first there:

I stand corrected. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor by Sub
    Is the lad McGregor exchanged with on the feet after coming back down of the cage (not the guy in the red) not the same fella who was on top of the cage, who MCGREGOR HIT FIRST?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Can someone please Photoshop a set of wings on to the eagle Khabib, as he swoops down onto that tosser Dani's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Is the lad McGregor exchanged with on the feet after coming back down of the cage (not the guy in the red) not the same fella who was on top of the cage, who MCGREGOR HIT FIRST?!

Different fella I thought. Slaps first lad, second lad tries to hit McGregor after he gets off the cage, third fella sucker punches McGregor, then when they're separated, first fella has a go again

That's what it looked like to me anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

McGregor by Sub
    I scored it 10-9 to Danis.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

By the logic some on here are using the first punch is thrown by Khabib.

Khabib hops on Danis.
    McGragor and other cage guy are both on the cage edge - McGregor throws the first dig here, it's absolutely nothing though.
    The guy throws a few back but they are also nothing in fairness.
    Then the 2 lads go for the blindsides.

I'm not sure how anyone sees anything different, or paints it in another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    No argument. So I take it you're admitting you were wrong then? Good.

Conor threw first punch on the cage then he seen another guy approach him conor threw a left. Guy in red yeah was wrong in a way but basicaly conor bit of more than he could chew the day he decided to attack the bus. Conor got what they deserved. If khabib had got off bus that would it be one on one? No theyd all have laid into him. Conor is being protrayed as victim and hes got what he deserved during and after the fight. The russians attacked conor and his team only. Conor attacked bus with innocents and women on it

McGregor by Sub
    Tazzimus wrote: »

Different fella I thought. Slaps first lad, second lad tries to hit McGregor after he gets off the cage, third fella sucker punches McGregor, then when they're separated, first fella has a go again

That's what it looked like to me anyways

Could possibly be, hard to deal with when it's ****ty phone footage you're dealing with.

I think the bigger point here, at least for me anyway, is that there were two melees. One caused by Khabib outside, one caused by McGregor inside it. The scrap inside is a clear result of McGregor throwing the box on top of the cage. He doesn't do that, Khabib's lads don't go after him.

That does not excuse the lad who sucker punched him from behind in any way whatsoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

For all people hating macgreror. This is fighting he's promoting the game and also hes a serious fighter. Can take a punch etc. Fighting has always had bad people around it. The mafia controlled boxing in the states for years. Get over yourselfs if you dont want to watch in dont. Its fitghting like him or hate him hes a great fight and i reckon he'll come back and beat him. If he doesn't fair play to the man hes made his money. Bollix to the begruders. IDIOTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor by Sub

Fella on top of the cage is Khabibs cousin Abubakar

Fella in black who punched McGregor in the cage is Zubaira Tukhugov, he was meant to fight Artem.

No idea who the lad in red is

Also khabib an idiot for gowing into the the crowd.

• Advertisement

For all people hating macgreror. This is fighting he's promoting the game and also hes a serious fighter. Can take a punch etc. Fighting has always had bad people around it. The mafia controlled boxing in the states for years. Get over yourselfs if you dont want to watch in dont. Its fitghting like him or hate him hes a great fight and i reckon he'll come back and beat him. If he doesn't fair play to the man hes made his money. Bollix to the begruders. IDIOTS.

String a sentence together and then come back to us who dislike the moron with your "idiot" accusations and then you may be taken half seriously.

Really hope they strip of the title. Russians ***** think they can do what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

McGregor by Sub
    Tazzimus wrote: »

"I found location" is the best part of that, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Skihunta13

Conor threw first punch on the cage then he seen another guy approach him conor threw a left. Guy in red yeah was wrong in a way but basicaly conor bit of more than he could chew the day he decided to attack the bus. Conor got what they deserved. If khabib had got off bus that would it be one on one? No theyd all have laid into him. Conor is being protrayed as victim and hes got what he deserved during and after the fight. The russians attacked conor and his team only. Conor attacked bus with innocents and women on it

Not by any means a conor fan but what does people expect him to do. He tried to jump the cage but got pulled back at same time that another member of khabib team was going over the cage. I dont think he was up there for a better view and conor probably realised that too. Conor swung first there but in all fairness if he made have contact with that left hand your man would have been knocked out,so obviously he missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Really hope they strip of the title. Russians ***** think they can do what they want.
    What are your thoughts on McGregor doing what he wants ?

For the person who say's i cant string a sentence together. Get over yourself you knob. I got a a2 in honors english. I have a touch of desleyxia if i spelled that right. Also people like you making comments on how people string sentences together need sectioning you plum. Get a life you idiot.

McGregor by Sub
    Bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,528 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    Jaysus, Checkmate... calm down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

For the person who say's i cant string a sentence together. Get over yourself you knob. I got a a2 in honors english. I have a touch of desleyxia if i spelled that right. Also people like you making comments on how people string sentences together need sectioning you plum. Get a life you idiot.

Think you're the one who needs to sort your life out mate, going around like an obnoxious teenager cursing at anyone who dares criticise your teen idol. Cringing reading your posts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement