Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor by Sub
    JJayoo wrote: »
    Can someone please Photoshop a set of wings on to the eagle Khabib, as he swoops down onto that tosser Dani's.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Boo-et3ANFo/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11g4vdqt35akx

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

McGregor by Sub
    Really thought that if he played it like the Alvarez fight and stayed calm and measured the distance he would’ve done it. I can’t figure out why after weeks in camp working on a game plan he goes out and ignores what JK is telling him between rounds.

Either his ego, or else Khabib actually got into his head. I think it’s the latter in this fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 odetooi

mayordenis wrote: »
    By the logic some on here are using the first punch is thrown by Khabib.

Khabib hops on Danis.
    McGragor and other cage guy are both on the cage edge - McGregor throws the first dig here, it's absolutely nothing though.
    The guy throws a few back but they are also nothing in fairness.
    Then the 2 lads go for the blindsides.

I'm not sure how anyone sees anything different, or paints it in another way.

The guy McGregor hit on top of the cage posted a picture of his face. He has a massive shiner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    How good is Khabib though ?

So cool, so clinical, so compossed and so ****ing powerful. I honestly dont see anyone giving him trouble at 155.

Would love to see a superfight against GSP next for him. Although reckon he will be banned for awhile yet and will fight the winner of Diaz/Poierer vs Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Also khabib an idiot for gowing into the the crowd.

It just increases his next pay day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor by Sub
    Never mind the faux outrage on both sides - that was some fúcking craic! :pac:

What a night and card overall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

McGregor by Sub
    ted1 wrote: »
    It just increases his next pay day.

Interesting times ahead too for Dillon Danis. His pulling power just went through the roof despite only having 1 pro fight.

Paully D wrote: »
    Never mind the faux outrage on both sides - that was some fúcking craic! :pac:

What a night and card overall!

Won't someone think of the lefties!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

McGregor by Sub
    Perry12 wrote: »
    Really thought that if he played it like the Alvarez fight and stayed calm and measured the distance he would’ve done it. I can’t figure out why after weeks in camp working on a game plan he goes out and ignores what JK is telling him between rounds.

Either his ego, or else Khabib actually got into his head. I think it’s the latter in this fight

To use a quote from the man himself. "The plan goes out the window when you get a smack in the face."

To use a quote from the man himself. "The plan goes out the window when you get a smack in the face."

Thats just a poor man's version on Mike Tyson's quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    ricero wrote: »
    How good is Khabib though ?

Not so good that an in shape/form McGregor couldn’t beat him...

Conor with better engine training and sharper striking could well do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

walshb wrote: »

Don’t think so he was totally outclassed by a superior fighter last night

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I’d strongly disagree. I said it years ago The Russians a beast. Can give a beating and can take one. So you won’t get a KO againest him. And I reckon he would be choked out before he taps out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Some irish mma journalist done an interview before the fight saying hes picking khabib as he didn't think the best mcgregor was showing up. I agree, mcgregor wasn't at his best there and honestly think the best version of him could beat khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    Skihunta13 wrote: »
    Not by any means a conor fan but what does people expect him to do. He tried to jump the cage but got pulled back at same time that another member of khabib team was going over the cage. I dont think he was up there for a better view and conor probably realised that too.

Someone talking sense and yeah, you're spot on, he didn't run over to join McGregor up there for fun and no doubt he even said as much as he was getting up. Plus McGregor had just seen Khabib dive too footed into the crowd to attack a member of his team and so how is he to know that this chap isn't about to do the same.

cageclimb.jpg

Conor swung first there but in all fairness if he made have contact with that left hand your man would have been knocked out,so obviously he missed.

Just for the record the guy is Abubakar Nurmagomedov, Khabib's cousin. He's a welterweight MMA fighter in Russia (PFL). The same guy who paid the homeless chap in New York to do push ups. He posted videos this morning on social media showing off injuries he apparently sustained when McGregor hit him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Lads. What happened after that fight was an absolute disgrace. Absolute thuggery. What a classless bunch of morons. All of them. No excuses for that kind of behavior at this level in the sport.

McGregor by Sub
    ted1 wrote: »
    I’d strongly disagree. I said it years ago The Russians a beast. Can give a beating and can take one. So you won’t get a KO againest him. And I reckon he would be choked out before he taps out

He is strong and durable. I just am not overawed by him...

Conor was off last night. That’s a definite. Two years out really...

Not saying a sharper more in form Conor wins, but he certainly has a better chance than the sluggish one that fought last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

McGregor by Sub
    He is strong and durable. I just am not overawed by him...

Conor was off last night. That’s a definite. Two years out really...

Not saying a sharper more in form Conor wins, but he certainly has a better chance than the sluggish one that fought last night.

He really looked like he couldn't get out if 1st gear last night. I do believe we have seen versions of Conor that would have given us a spectacle last night, not saying he'd have won but we'd have had a much better fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lads. What happened after that fight was an absolute disgrace. Absolute thuggery. What a classless bunch of morons. All of them. No excuses for that kind of behavior at this level in the sport.

But the world wouldnt be talking about the UFC if it didnt happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Conor attacked bus with innocents and women on it

Not sure why you're replying to me with this.

If I you think I support McGregor throwing that metal dolly then you're wrong, it was a scumbag thing to do and I've said as much. I'm a huge fan of Rose and he could easily have hurt her, and but for it bouncing back of the window column he would have, so I have no issue with condemning him for that.

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Can someone explain the issue around three men released because Conor did not didn’t want to press charges? How has Conor the only/final say here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

McGregor by Sub
    Can someone explain the issue around three men released because Conor did not didn’t want to press charges? How has Conor the only/final say here?

They hit Conor, he's the 'victim' so without his statement the police can't do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Nurmagomedov by Sub

Presumably for something like an assault they can only press charges if the person who is assaulted agrees.

It's like the common scenario where the police get called out to a domestic abuse incident but nothing comes of it because the wife later drops the charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Presumably for something like an assault they can only press charges if the person who is assaulted agrees.

It's like the common scenario where the police get called out to a domestic abuse incident but nothing comes of it because the wife later drops the charges.

I might be wrong on this but I think it depends on state laws. It might been different if this happened in New York - can't you be charged by the state.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Am I the only one who doesn’t really give a flying f*ck about any of the events after the fight? It was momentarily enjoyable to see a bit of additional entertainment that kept me up five minutes later. No one got badly hurt or even injured, who gives a sh*te. You’d swear it was Wimbledon with a lad climbing the royal box and taking a dump on the queens tits....which would also be hugely enjoyable to watch but might give some reason to discuss thuggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor by Sub
    Ha The Weasel has a breakdown of the after fight nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

McGregor by Sub
    Does anyone else just feel a bit... sad after that? I know it's still so soon after the fight, but love him or hate him McGregor brought a level of excitement never seen before to the UFC. I know there's still great fights to be made in every division but none of it has yet to come close to the drama of a McGregor fight and its buildup. Maybe it's just because he got me into MMA and I feel like it's the end of him as a force to be reckoned with, but I can't say I'm as excited as I should be about the future of the UFC.

Hopefully he comes back stronger but I wouldn't count on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    I might be wrong on this but I think it depends on state laws. It might been different if this happened in New York - can't you be charged by the state.

looks like you're right. Some good answers here:

https://www.quora.com/If-someone-is-assaulted-and-the-victim-does-not-press-charges-can-the-assaulter-still-get-into-legal-trouble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Conor better not speak bad about the religion of peace again, apparently its off limits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Just for the record the guy is Abubakar Nurmagomedov, Khabib's cousin. He's a welterweight MMA fighter in Russia (PFL). The same guy who paid the homeless chap in New York to do push ups. He posted videos this morning on social media showing off injuries he apparently sustained when McGregor hit him.

Is this him showing off his shiner from the outrageous thuggery at the UFC?

162011419-d1651c19-2dca-42a5-89f2-aff751f1ff7a.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement