Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

macnug wrote: »
    Dana giddy saying it past 2M ppv's. There will be a rematch. Personally I dont see the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwb9au-uo6o

Edit: Dana didnt say rematch thats just me.

If it passed 2 million buys, out of the top 5 UFC ppv buys he owns the top 4, UFC 100 would be 5th and he also has the 6th most ppv buys,

The man knows how to promote

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You can hear McGregor say 'it's only business' at the start of this video.

Did he psyche himself out trying to get in Khabibs head? What the hell is he doing talking about that during a fight?

Conor is actually a very decent guy. The thrash talk is just to sell fights. He has always been very respectful after fights in victory or defeat.

On this side of the world, laughing about religion and slagging someone's da is a bit of banter. Khabib took it literally and to heart.

Conor probably didn't realize he would get so upset about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Conor is actually a very decent guy. The thrash talk is just to sell fights. He has always been very respectful after fights in victory or defeat.

On this side of the world, laughing about religion and slagging someone's da is a bit of banter. Khabib took it literally and to heart.

My point is that where was McGregors head when he is trying to apologise to Khabib during a fight? Khabib was trying to take his fucķin head off and McG just wanted to say sorry and be friends? Wtf.

He psyched himself out of this one I think. Poked the Russian Bear and freaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I'd say he has it realised well enough now .I think its very poor show that he can't come out and speak about the fight now condidering how much trash talk he was able to spout before it .

My point is that where was McGregors head when he is trying to apologise to Khabib during a fight? Khabib was trying to take his fucķin head off and McG just wanted to say sorry and be friends? Wtf.

Is there a clip of him saying sorry or was it just a sorry for hold Khabibs glove / shorts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Conor is actually a very nasty guy. The thrash talk is just who he is. He has always been an asshole after fights in victory or defeat.

On this side of the world, laughing about religion and slagging someone's da is juvenile.Khabib took it how it was meant.

Conor is to thick to realize he would get so upset about it.

FYP

Bullocks wrote: »
    Is there a clip of him saying sorry or was it just a sorry for hold Khabibs glove / shorts

He doesn't actually say sorry, he says 'its only business' at the end of the round. I provided the clip just above.

How is he thinking about that at that time? Boggles my mind. His head was not right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

You can hear McGregor say 'it's only business' at the start of this video.

Did he psyche himself out trying to get in Khabibs head? What the hell is he doing talking about that during a fight?

He did not say that. Backed up by the fact the quote by khabib is wrong as well. Khabib clearly said 'Hey, lets go' You can't tell what mcgregor said, listen to the audio, not read the quote served to you.

He doesn't actually say sorry, he says 'its only business' at the end of the round. I provided the clip just above.

How is he thinking about that at that time? Boggles my mind. His head was not right

Either was his body. You cant expect to take on a machine like Kabib and have that lifestyle.

It was a sunday pub team v Barcelona.

spix wrote: »
    He did not say that. Backed up by the fact the quote by khabib is wrong as well. Khabib clearly said 'Hey, lets go' You can't tell what mcgregor said, listen to the audio, not read the quote served to you.

Ive listened to it a few times, seems very clear to me. 'Its only business'.

• Advertisement

McGregor has had 5 fights in 3 years and has had the head bet off him in 3 of them. Some record.

I think he was scared after the first few minutes in the ring and thats why his head was not right

Either was his body. You cant expect to take on a machine like Kabib and have that lifestyle.

It was a sunday pub team v Barcelona.

I think physically he was in better shape than before. Contrary to many, I think he improved his cardio.

I think physically he was in better shape than before. Contrary to many, I think he improved his cardio.

I think hes not such a good fighter then.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He certainly improved his cardio and his ground defense but it looked like it was at the expense of his strengths which are power and timing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

What do you thibk that you hear? is pretty clear what he said

McGregor has had 5 fights in 3 years and has had the head bet off him in 3 of them. Some record.

One of those was his first ever boxing match against one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Another was his first fight at 170 pounds, when he was used to fighting at 145. He then won the rematch.

Khabib loss is fair enough. No excuses, beaten by better man.

As I said before, he could have stayed at 145 and still been champion. He wanted to be tested against top fighters, credit to him for that.

Even some of UFCs top fighters have several loses. Robbie Lawler being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

I think it sounds more like, "Its the fight business"

Ok, I can see how that could be right. Even so... same sentiment.

zapitastas wrote: »
    What do you thibk that you hear? is pretty clear what he said

The audio is not clear enough to determine. If you show someone a quote and give them unclear audio, its easy to be tricked into thinking thats what you hear.

Its pretty clear whoever made that just made it up, because what khabib said is much clearer and they got that wrong too. Khabib 100% said 'hey, lets go' something he says quite often. I dont think he would even have 'guess so' in his english arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

McGregor by Sub

me too and the 'tried glove tapping at the start if round 3' looks more like its just his stance

me too and the 'tried glove tapping at the start if round 3' looks more like its just his stance

It doesn't just look like his stance, it is his stance. He's doing the same thing 5 seconds into the round, must really want that glove tap lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor by Sub
    Khabibs auld lad says the sanction he'll be giving him will be worse than UFC or NSAC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Some people take religion and family really seriously. Stupid as that sounds to us.
    That's exactly what Conor was hoping for, to upset him and use that to his advantage. It just didn't play out to his benefit, as he'd hoped.

Effects wrote: »
    Some people take religion and family really seriously. Stupid as that sounds to us.

That's exactly what Conor was hoping for, to upset him and use that to his advantage. It just didn't play out to his benefit, as he'd hoped.

Conor wasn't saying those things to upset him. It was simply to increase sales, its promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Conor wasn't saying those things to upset him. It was simply to increase sales, its promotion.

You don't know Conor as well as you think you do.

Effects wrote: »
    You don't know Conor as well as you think you do.

Well he could have wanted to upset him as well but not with the hope of affecting khabibs performance and gaining an advantage. Pretty sure fighters are in a completely different mindset in the cage when they're about to fight and mid fight. Can't remember who said it leading up to this fight, but another fighter said that mindgames are bs and I'd tend to agree. Just can't imagine 2 guys being about to fight and they're thinking about words that were said, its all about fighting at that point and trying to execute the gameplan. I remember the Aldo fight as well, everyone convinced Conor got in his head but his coach said afterwards the attack Aldo done was planned, they gave him the call to do it. People saying it was Conors mindgames that made Aldo rush in are completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

One of those was his first ever boxing match against one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Another was his first fight at 170 pounds, when he was used to fighting at 145. He then won the rematch.

Khabib loss is fair enough. No excuses, beaten by better man.

As I said before, he could have stayed at 145 and still been champion. He wanted to be tested against top fighters, credit to him for that.

Even some of UFCs top fighters have several loses. Robbie Lawler being one.
    smelly sock learned an mma fact in todays indo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    I've watched every clip I can find of the swing Conor took at yer man on the top of the cage, and in every one all I can see is a miss, far too low and meets no resistance.

Yeah, no chance he hit him and if he did catch him, no chance it was hard enough to break the skin anyway (I posted an image of that in this post).

My guess is that he went back to the hotel and at some point thought suing McGrgeor might be the way to go and got one of his mates to do it, then jumped on social media so it would be documented.

Only way to know for sure would be if there was some decent footage of afterwards.

That's one thing about UFC fights actually, the photography coverage is nowhere near as good as other sports. If a boxer jumped from the cage like Khabib or a boxer was punched in the back of the head by someone who jumped into the ring, there'd be high res photos of every damn 1/100th of a second of it..... but yet what images there is of it all aren't the greatest at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Yeah, no chance he hit him and if he did catch him, no chance it was hard enough to break the skin anyway (I posted an image of that in this post).

My guess is that he went back to the hotel and at some point thought suing McGrgeor might be the way to go and got one of his mates to do it, then jumped on social media so it would be documented.

Only way to know for sure would be if there was some decent footage of afterwards.

Shortly after McGregor gets blindsided by the lad in the red t shirt, the lad with the wig that McGregor originally attempted to punch on top of the cage races at McGregor after being held back and McGregor throws a left. Maybe he connected then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement