Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Creepy enough photo. Fundamentalists freak me out, that goes for Christians and Muslims.

Me too I choose to respect people's beliefs all the same so I find it a bit silly the talk of others bringing religion into matters by Khabib or DC who hang on a minute are the same types of fighters who get on the mic and preach their God's to a multicultural audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    He said nations.

Last time I checked Dillon Danis isn't Irish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    If Conor really did he say "its only business" his credibility is shot to f**k, its such a b*tch thing to say in the middle of a fight.

He may aswell of said go easy on me pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

"Eagles do not stay in cage". nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

thebull85 wrote:
    If Conor really did he say "its only business" his credibility is shot to f**k, its such a b*tch thing to say in the middle of a fight.
    He said that in his first UFC interview, nothing new.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    eagle eye wrote: »
    He said that in his first UFC interview, nothing new.

He only said it during the fight because he was getting the head leatherd off him. I agree with the poster above who said Conor said it to try stop Khabib from permanantly damaging him.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

McGregor by Sub
    Italia 90 scenes in Dagestan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

evil_seed wrote: »

The video I seen had the translation as nations.

Translator probably wrong so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The video I seen had the translation as nations.

Translator probably wrong so.

You have it wrong. Interpreter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Khabib's whole devout respectful thing is just a front like most religious freaks. The man is on a dirty-pay roll with criminal ties:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/6/17943082/mma-fighters-oligarch-linked-ufc-champ-khabib-nurmagomedov-arrested-for-attempted-murder-news

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

McGregor by Sub
    Khabib's whole devout respectful thing is just a front like most religious freaks. The man is on a dirty-pay roll with criminal ties:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/6/17943082/mma-fighters-oligarch-linked-ufc-champ-khabib-nurmagomedov-arrested-for-attempted-murder-news

How wss the ties when conor got his mate to speak to graham after getting too big for his boots.

Commanchie wrote: »
    How wss the ties when conor got his mate to speak to graham after getting too big for his boots.

What has conor got to with my post?

McGregor by Sub
    What has conor got to with my post?

Your saying khabib has criminal ties. Im letting you know Conor has worse ties.

I'm not interested in getting into a babyish competition of who has worse ties! I'm pointing out researched journalistic articles on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Open collar is a better look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    I'm not interested in getting into a babyish competition of who has worse ties! I'm pointing out researched journalistic articles on the topic.

And would you be pointing them out if McGregor hadn't got his ass kicked on Saturday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

If you provoke a bear and it bites your arm off then you deserve every thing that comes your way. I couldn't be happier to have seen what happened McGregor the other night.

RoryMac wrote: »
    And would you be pointing them out if McGregor hadn't got his ass kicked on Saturday night?

Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

threein99 wrote: »
    If you provoke a bear and it bites your arm off then you deserve every thing that comes your way. I couldn't be happier to have seen what happened McGregor the other night.

Which ties in nicely with this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Maybe for the rematch they can put a chain on Khabib and Dana can yank it if he starts to hurt Conor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

blade1 wrote: »
    Which ties in nicely with this

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    I think Conor should be relishing a rematch.

2 years out and he lasts 4 rds wth a supposed terror. Watching the fight, Khabib didn't terrorize or really hurt Conor,. He simply wore Conor down. Conor won't at all fear a rematch here in the hurt senses, because he didn't take a battering.

Work his cardio big time and sharpen up; and quit worrying about takedowns. Go take Khabib out. Take the fight to him with heavy sharp punches....

walshb wrote: »

2 years out and he lasts 4 rds wth a supposed terror. Watching the fight, Khabib didn't terrorize or really hurt Conor,. He simply wore Conor down. Conor won't at all fear a rematch here in the hurt senses, because he didn't take a battering.

Work his cardio big time and sharpen up; and quit worrying about takedowns. Go take Khabib out. Take the fight to him with heavy sharp punches....

The reason he didn't get a battering was because he tapped out the second the shīt hit the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    blade1 wrote: »
    The reason he didn't get a battering was because he tapped out the second the shīt hit the fan.

He tapped out in rd 4. Up to that he hardly was getting pasted......yes, Jhabib had moments, but so did Conor....

Anyway, point stands. Solid cardio work and sharpness and Conor should be a real threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That's what he does to everyone. They all have that look on the bottom when the camera catches them, just the life drained from you.

He tapped out in rd 4. Up to that he hardly was getting pasted......yes, Jhabib had moments, but so did Conor....

Anyway, point stands. Solid cardio work and sharpness and Conor should be a real threat.
    If it went to the next round of have been worried about him getting seriously hurt.
    He had nothing left to give and got off light by tapping.
    Looked to me like he knew this.
    Wise decision imo.

McGregor by Sub

Conor was like a child in there. He was terrified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Mcgregor has been walking a very fine line when it comes to discrimination, whether it be racial or homophobic themes in his promotional work. I've been inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt myself but the doubt is there.

On Sunday morning I thought what Khabib did was disgraceful but if what this Danis lad allegedly shouted at a worthy winner is true I'm inclined to believe that there is something very wrong in McGregors camp. It is smoke turning in to fire and there's no place for it anywhere in our society.

John Kavanagh needs to stand up here and either clarify what his gym is about or **** this lad out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

BoneIdol wrote: »
    Mcgregor has been walking a very fine line when it comes to discrimination, whether it be racial or homophobic themes in his promotional work. I've been inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt myself but the doubt is there.

On Sunday morning I thought what Khabib did was disgraceful but if what this Danis lad allegedly shouted at a worthy winner is true I'm inclined to believe that there is something very wrong in McGregors camp. It is smoke turning in to fire and there's no place for it anywhere in our society.

John Kavanagh needs to stand up here and either clarify what his gym is about or **** this lad out.

What is Dillon alleged to have said?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement