Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

BoneIdol wrote: »
    Mcgregor has been walking a very fine line when it comes to discrimination, whether it be racial or homophobic themes in his promotional work. I've been inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt myself but the doubt is there.

On Sunday morning I thought what Khabib did was disgraceful but if what this Danis lad allegedly shouted at a worthy winner is true I'm inclined to believe that there is something very wrong in McGregors camp. It is smoke turning in to fire and there's no place for it anywhere in our society.

John Kavanagh needs to stand up here and either clarify what his gym is about or **** this lad out.

He won't though, he said as much last night on JRE - "I deal with the fight hes booked in for I don't get involved with the other stuff"

You can guarantee he'd throw some young fella imitating Conor out of his gym and take the moral high ground. He's hardly going to talk down to his golden goose.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

McGregor by Sub
    dulux99 wrote: »
    What is Dillon alleged to have said?

Witness reported him to shout ya dirty muslim rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    Commanchie wrote: »
    Conor was like a child in there. He was terrified.

I don't think so....

He didn't look his usual bright spark self. Looked a little jaded I felt,

I hope he trains very hard now and gets the rematch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

rob316 wrote: »
    He won't though, he said as much last night on JRE - "I deal with the fight hes booked in for I don't get involved with the other stuff"

You can guarantee he'd throw some young fella imitating Conor out of his gym and take the moral high ground. He's hardly going to talk down to his golden goose.

It's not good enough. Kavanagh has done a lot of work to portray himself as a force for good and I thought he was but if this ****e is acceptable to him I think he needs to take a long hard look at himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Well that's not good. I'm of the opinion that Danis is the biggest tool in the whole of 'team mcgregor' but I was in the arena, I'd be shocked if Khabib was able to hear him, given how loud the arena was. I assumed Khabib went running at him due to Danis beckoning him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Not only is Khabib a superhero grappler he also has superhero hearing. In a crowd of 10,000 people Khabib heard Danis call him name, lads this is getting ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Well that's not good. I'm of the opinion that Danis is the biggest tool in the whole of 'team mcgregor' but I was in the arena, I'd be shocked if Khabib was able to hear him, given how loud the arena was. I assumed Khabib went running at him due to Danis beckoning him in.

Why is he employed by 'team mcgregor' if he is a known tool? With all the nonsense that has gone on this year why are these scrotes around?

BoneIdol wrote: »
    Why is he employed by 'team mcgregor' if he is a known tool? With all the nonsense that has gone on this year why are these scrotes around?

Who knows man. He must be doing something right because Conor seems to love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

The Khabib admitted they had organised to attack team McGregor no matter what the result. It's all over their social media, We said we'd do it, and we did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub

I agree, Danis is a dickhead but no chance Khabib would have been able to hear him shout something.......... plus, Danis wasn't even looking at him when he jumped the cage.

Look at this angle and you'll see that right up until Khabib threw his mouthguard Danis was looking at him but after that everyone in that area seem distracted by something else and are looking towards the cage entrance but then looks back when Khabib jumps.

You can hear the noise of the crowd in this also:

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Guys khabib charged dillon over danis starting on Rizvan Magomedov.

McGregor by Sub
    I agree, Danis is a dickhead but no chance Khabib would have been able to hear him shout something.......... plus, Danis wasn't even looking at him when he jumped the cage.

Look at this angle and you'll see that right up until Khabib threw his mouthguard Danis was looking at him but after that everyone in that area seem distracted by something else and are looking towards the cage entrance but then looks back when Khabib jumps.

You can hear the noise of the crowd in this also:

It was rizvan magomedov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

walshb wrote: »
    I don't think so....

He didn't look his usual bright spark self. Looked a little jaded I felt,

I hope he trains very hard now and gets the rematch...

Didn't you spend weeks arguing with the diehards in here before Maymac, then as soon as it was over you were saying the same sort of thing 'oh he did great, he could beat him next time blah'?

It's clear to anyone with eyes to see that he couldn't beat him if he had the whole of his twenties back to train. Though I'd love to see him try.

Didn't you spend weeks arguing with the diehards in here before Maymac, then as soon as it was over you were saying the same sort of thing 'oh he did great, he could beat him next time blah'?

It's clear to anyone with eyes to see that he couldn't beat him if he had the whole of his twenties back to train. Though I'd love to see him try.

yeah, he doesn't even have a puncher's chance.... :eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Re watching the fight and I still think Conor wasn’t as poor as some are making out.

His stand up was rusty but still caused a bit of trouble.

Ground game was pretty good.

If he trained properly and gave up all the other stuff I’d say he could go closer in a rematch, big if though.

His stand up just wasn’t as sharp as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I'm not sure why nobody is acknowledging the fact that Khabib immediately went towards Danis and threw his mouthguard at him right after leaving Conor. Danis is a tool and may have said something but Khabib definitely wouldn't have heard him and was going straight for him regardless. I certainly wouldn't be believing TMZ and the people doing so, are doing it because it fits their narrative.

The double standards by a lot of posters is ridiculous. I think McGregor has done plenty of disgusting things, and Danis is an absolute tool, but people are seeing what they want to see. I don't think Khabib is a good person at all, he is a hypocrite with just as many unsavoury elements as Conor. Both can be condemned when they're in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

moneyman wrote: »
    I'm not sure why nobody is acknowledging the fact that Khabib immediately went towards Danis and threw his mouthguard at him right after leaving Conor. Danis is a tool and may have said something but Khabib definitely wouldn't have heard him and was going straight for him regardless. I certainly wouldn't be believing TMZ and the people doing so, are doing it because they want it to be true.

The double standards by a lot of posters is ridiculous. I think McGregor has done plenty of disgusting things, and Danis is an absolute tool, but people are seeing what they want to see. I don't think Khabib is a good person at all, he is a hypocrite with just as many unsavoury elements as Conor. Both can be condemned when they're in the wrong.

Isn’t it true Danis and Khabib has beef going back years something to do with a t shirt Khabib wore?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.punditarena.com/mma/gbrennan/dillon-danis-reveals-the-long-standing-beef-he-has-with-khabib-nurmagomedov/amp/

I'm not sure why nobody is acknowledging the fact that Khabib immediately went towards Danis and threw his mouthguard at him right after leaving Conor. Danis is a tool and may have said something but Khabib definitely wouldn't have heard him and was going straight for him regardless. I certainly wouldn't be believing TMZ and the people doing so, are doing it because it fits their narrative.

Luke Thomas has outlined and pointed out how Khabib and his team behaved backstage after the fight. He's a massive Khabib fan but he was't impressed.

But, yes, you're absolutely right. UFC is not attracting high caliber moral people. The hurt business does not tend to attract upstanding citizens.

IT's a blood sport. That's the entertainment and all that comes with it. Including the lack of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Nurmagomedov by Sub

One of McGregor's greatest achievements was convincing people that he actually had a chance against Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match

Mayweather @ evens to win inside the distance was the easiest money I'll ever make off the bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Does McGregor smoke?

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »
    One of McGregor's greatest achievements was convincing people that he actually had a chance against Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match

Mayweather @ evens to win inside the distance was the easiest money I'll ever make off the bookies

That was class. It'll be Anderson Silva next. Big money.

Re watching the fight and I still think Conor wasn’t as poor as some are making out.

His stand up was rusty but still caused a bit of trouble.

Ground game was pretty good.

If he trained properly and gave up all the other stuff I’d say he could go closer in a rematch, big if though.

His stand up just wasn’t as sharp as usual.

Agreed wholeheartedly. He was very rusty and his timing was bad. Khabib would rightfully be favourite in the inevitable rematch but if McGregor really applied himself the way he did for the Diaz rematch I genuinely believe he has a chance. McG gassed but Khabib was slowing down aswell, but khabib just had more in the tank.

McGregor by Sub
    Seanachai wrote: »
    Does McGregor smoke?

Smokes cannabis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Nurmagomedov by Sub

You’ll have to get the rara skirt and pom-poms dry cleaned for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nurmagomedov by Sub

It suited Dana to push the idea that Danis caused the scenes after the fight, he could push the blame onto a fighter not on his roster. I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind the TMZ story.

There's no way Khabib could hear any insult at the end of the fight even if one was shouted and the only thing the cameras picked up was Danis gesturing to Khabib to come to him after Khabib had thrown his gumshield.

Danis might not be the most likeable guy but it was Khabib that instigated the fight after the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    You're telling me mate

Evens ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    Agreed wholeheartedly. He was very rusty and his timing was bad. Khabib would rightfully be favourite in the inevitable rematch but if McGregor really applied himself the way he did for the Diaz rematch I genuinely believe he has a chance. McG gassed but Khabib was slowing down aswell, but khabib just had more in the tank.

Mcgregor has no chance against the goat Khabib. I told you Mcgregors day of reckoning was his mauling with Khabib. Khabib hopefully had made him humble.

Dana needs to give the fans a superfight to determine who the mma goat is between Khabib vs GSP. The old generation vs the new.

You’ll have to get the rara skirt and pom-poms dry cleaned for that.

Yeah - love me some Anderson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Guys khabib charged dillon over danis starting on Rizvan Magomedov.

Can’t get your story straight? First it was Danis called him a name, now it’s because he was starting on someone

• Advertisement

In fairness, Danis should stick to JJ competitions. His stand-up is horrendous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement