Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

ricero wrote: »
    Mcgregor has no chance against the goat Khabib. I told you Mcgregors day of reckoning was his mauling with Khabib. Khabib hopefully had made him humble.

Dana needs to give the fans a superfight to determine who the mma goat is between Khabib vs GSP. The old generation vs the new.

He was hardly mauled in the true sense.

Khabib had him down but he was hardly mauling him the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Amazing.

'this news comes on the heels of a disappointing estimate of 130,000 buys for UFC 228.

Combine the 2+ million buys with a $17 million gate and you really do have yourself one hell of a revenue generator. McGregor’s return to the cage was big business on multiple fronts.'

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/...-buys-mma-news

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The Khabib admitted they had organised to attack team McGregor no matter what the result.

This is number one bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    Effects wrote: »
    This is number one bullsh1t.

It's not bullshit.

As soon as the fight was over Khabib's team try to scale the cage and were stopped by security.

Look to the very left of this footage as the fight ends:

BoneIdol wrote: »
    Why is he employed by 'team mcgregor' if he is a known tool?

Because he's a world champion jiu jitsu black belt.

• Advertisement

It's not bullshit.

As soon as the fight was over Khabib's team try to scale the cage and were stopped by security.

I'm hardly trying to say it didn't happen.
    Where's the proof it was premeditated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Commanchie wrote: »
    Smokes cannabis.

He seems to be gasping and very breathless at times

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

McGregor by Sub
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Can’t get your story straight? First it was Danis called him a name, now it’s because he was starting on someone

If u could read. Dulux asked what danis said. I said what he explained i then explained how its rizvan who started it. Sin e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Bisping on his podcast saying he has seen multiple videos where it shows Khabib landed in front of Danis and didn't swing, basically did what Conor did to Aldo, and Danis started winging punches. He went as far as apologising to Khabib for his reaction on the post fight show.
    Also pointed out that Conor throws the punch on the cage and another in the cage before he gets jumped by the other lads.

• Advertisement

basically did what Conor did to Aldo, and Danis started winging punches.

Conor was provoking the champion who's belt he was after. What was Khabib doing?

And isn't there a video that shows him hitting Danis on the way down?

McGregor by Sub
    Where's the proof it was premeditated?

I obviously don't have proof. I'm saying that to me the way they are trying to scale the cage as soon as the fight ends seems to support the suggestion that they had planned to do something after the fight.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Conor was provoking the champion who's belt he was after. What was Khabib doing?

And isn't there a video that shows him hitting Danis on the way down?

Khabib was getting in the face of a jumped up little punk who's own mentor can't even stand the sight of him after weeks of ****e talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

ricero wrote: »
    Mcgregor has no chance against the goat Khabib. I told you Mcgregors day of reckoning was his mauling with Khabib. Khabib hopefully had made him humble.

Dana needs to give the fans a superfight to determine who the mma goat is between Khabib vs GSP. The old generation vs the new.

No hope in hell will gsp fight him and if he does gsp will make all the rules for the fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Bisping on his podcast saying he has seen multiple videos where it shows Khabib landed in front of Danis and didn't swing, basically did what Conor did to Aldo, and Danis started winging punches. He went as far as apologising to Khabib for his reaction on the post fight show.
    Also pointed out that Conor throws the punch on the cage and another in the cage before he gets jumped by the other lads.

He jumped at him with two feet ffs.

What was Danis meant to do, sit there and see what happens once Khabib manages to two foot him in the head?

This is ridiculous at this stage, they were all acting the idiot.

He was hardly mauled in the true sense.

Khabib had him down but he was hardly mauling him the whole time.

Does it matter? He mauled him enough to wear him down and to get the win.
    The same way he does in all his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭flatty

You can dance around it all you like. The fact is that conor mcgregor set the tone for this whole production. Khabib was merely adapting it. Mcgregor's behaviour has been a gradual progression, ramped up further with each financial success, but he has become a caricature. This may or may not bother him now or in the future. I think his reputation as a fighter will have taken a fair dent. Fight fans are a fickle bunch. I'd worry that if he doesn't start to tone it down a bit now, he may suffer a bit for it down the track.

Just re-watched the fight.

Conor definitely injured.

He couldn't move properly. Couldn't get his stance and feet right for the left. So signposted. Must have been the knee again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭flatty

You can dance around it all you like. The fact is that conor mcgregor set the tone for this whole production. Khabib was merely adapting to it. Mcgregor's behaviour has been a gradual progression, ramped up further with each financial success, but he has become a caricature. This may or may not bother him now or in the future. I think his reputation as a fighter will have taken a fair dent. Fight fans are a fickle bunch.
    I'd worry that if he doesn't start to tone it down a bit now, he may suffer a bit for it down the track in personal happiness terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I know you hate Conor but that is nonsense. I don't really care what Bisping says, Khabib jumping at Danis wasn't to promote anything or to secure a title fight. He didn't jump down there to have a chat.
    By the same token Conor shouldn't have thrown a punch on the cage, but the guy he punched was clearly trying to join Khabib who, for all Conor knew, was attacking Danis. It's completely disingenuous of you to suggest Conor's punch was unprovoked. Again, I'm not saying he should have done it, but he certainly wouldn't have done it had Khabib not jumped off the cage towards Danis and his teammate tried to follow him.

No doubt you'll say you're only posting what Bisping said. But it's pretty clear you believe it to be a credible account of what happened, which it's not.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to be objective about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Re watching the fight and I still think Conor wasn’t as poor as some are making out.

His stand up was rusty but still caused a bit of trouble.

Ground game was pretty good.

If he trained properly and gave up all the other stuff I’d say he could go closer in a rematch, big if though.

His stand up just wasn’t as sharp as usual.

If before the fight someone had said Khabib would have Conor on his back for over 4 minutes in the first round I would have bet any money Conor would be beaten badly and finished in round 2.

I was very impressed with Conor because of the way the fight went.

His wrestling really is very good, much better than I thought- I can't see many guys being able to hold him down not named Khabib.

His cardio has improved greatly- After the first 2 rounds no-one would have predicted he would stuff Khabib and win the 3rd on the feet.

I saw enough to be really excited for the re-match and genuinely believe he can beat him provided the re-match is soon or he keeps active between now and then.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Just re-watched the fight.

Conor definitely injured.

He couldn't move properly. Couldn't get his stance and feet right for the left. So signposted. Must have been the knee again.

Then you managed to discover something even his coaches missed because they all said he was fine going into the fight. Not mentioned by medical examiners before or after the fight either. But yeah, definitely injured, that's the only thing that could explain him getting mauled by the best LW on earth.

McGregor by Sub
    Bisping on his podcast saying he has seen multiple videos where it shows Khabib landed in front of Danis and didn't swing, basically did what Conor did to Aldo....

Don't mind Bisping ffs. There are multiple angles showing that Danis throws two hammer blows at Danis as he jumps (they miss).

Also, McGregor threw a punch whilst on the cage, but that chap had just scaled the cage and ran and jumped up beside him, seemingly trapping his ankle (many are suggesting) and it happened in seconds, so it's understandable he swung at him. He's watching Khabib attack Danis and so what's he to expect this guy is jumping up on the cage beside him for.

As for the punches thrown within the cage, all three of Khabib's team throw on McGregor first (the last of the three is the same guy that jumped up on the cage).

Then you managed to discover something even his coaches missed because they all said he was fine going into the fight. Not mentioned by medical examiners before or after the fight either. But yeah, definitely injured, that's the only thing that could explain him getting mauled by the best LW on earth.

Could have happened in the first few seconds

I obviously don't have proof. I'm saying that to me the way they are trying to scale the cage as soon as the fight ends.

As soon as the fight ends? It takes at least 20 seconds for them to scale the cage, and even then, it was only after Khabib went over the cage on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Effects wrote:
    As soon as the fight ends? It takes at least 20 seconds for them to scale the cage, and even then, it was only after Khabib went over the cage on the other side.
    It kinda does look planned though.

McGregor by Sub
    It takes at least 20 seconds for them to scale the cage, and even then, it was only after Khabib went over the cage on the other side.

Are you reading what I am saying?

Again:
    I'm saying that to me the way they are trying to scale the cage as soon as the fight ends seems to support the suggestion that they had planned to do something after the fight.

I didn't say they scaled the cage as soon as the fight ends, I said they were trying to.

Here's an angle from just after McGregor tapped:

There are multiple angles showing that Danis throws two hammer blows at Danis as he jumps (they miss).

Good videos. Clearly shows Khabib coming down with the hammer fists and then another follow up that seems to graze the top of his head.

Also looks like someone else in a blue jacket taking a swing and connecting with Danis.

“I slapped him as promised. I promised to make him answer for his words and I did,” he said - Tukhugov - translated by journalist Karim Zidan.

• Advertisement

Good videos. Clearly shows Khabib coming down with the hammer fists and then another follow up that seems to graze the top of his head.

Also looks like someone else in a blue jacket taking a swing and connecting with Danis.

There's footage of that guy in blue being arrested backstage - can't remember where I saw it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement