Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

dulux99 wrote: »
    That's a load of sh*te mate. There was one or two yokels acting the prick and got their just deserts. Most others were standing around on looking. The guy who got sparked had plenty of chances to walk away and then spat. You're fair game at that point.

was up on the Indo last night - pretty embarassing to watch - those Russians know how to fight , as the English found out at the Euros , 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor by Sub
    LOL at people thinking Khabib will walk away if his teammate gets banned.

He can either stay in the UFC and continue to make a living - or leave the UFC, never fight again and get up to his bollocks in litigation if he tries to fight elsewhere.

Ask the last couple of guys who have tried to break UFC contracts how it’s gone for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Paully D wrote: »

He can either stay in the UFC and continue to make a living - or leave the UFC, never fight again and get up to his bollocks in litigation if he tries to fight elsewhere.

Ask the last couple of guys who have tried to break UFC contracts how it’s gone for them.

He will have made a fortune in this fight to live comfortably for the rest of his life at home.

If he ever gets paid that is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Who’s the fella in the white t shirt who cane into the ring to back Conor up after the red t shirt fella threw his sneaky digs?

I presume it’s either JK or Owen Roddy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

There's no beating effin eddie as a commentator

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Who’s the fella in the white t shirt who cane into the ring to back Conor up after the red t shirt fella threw his sneaky digs?

JK

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

McGregor by Sub

It’s JK, looks like he gets a bloody nose too

Perry12 wrote: »
    I don't think he got a smack. He was more trying to separate than trying to join the melee. He did lose a flip-flop though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

McGregor by Sub
    Perry12 wrote: »
    I don't think he got a smack. He was more trying to separate than trying to join the melee. He did lose a flip-flop though :pac:

Yeah probably took a stray elbow to the face. Hope he didn’t throw his flip flop at someone, that’s an insult in some cultures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    Axwell wrote: »
    JK

Wearing flip-flops too, apparently.

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/1049451267649548288

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The security really did a terrible job there.

The big bald ref is in the ring doing a better job than the security.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

McGregor by Sub
    Its a G move by Khabib to stick up for his friends and play hardball.

And I don't think $$$ wafted under his nose will sway him. If there's one thing we've learnt about the guy its that hes a man of his word and his own version of 'honour'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Its a G move by Khabib to stick up for his friends and play hardball.

And I don't think $$$ wafted under his nose will sway him. If there's one thing we've learnt about the guy its that hes a man of his word and his own version of 'honour'

I guess you didn't see his tmz interview before the fight when asked if he'd fight conor twice, he said, they'd have to give me more money. It's all about money for everyone regardless of what he portrays on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The security really did a terrible job there.

The big bald ref is in the ring doing a better job than the security.

Do you think? Considering the mass brawl that was breaking out all around them I thought they did well. The whole thing started and finished within seconds and they sherparded everyone down the back in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Do you think? Considering the mass brawl that was breaking out all around them I thought they did well. The whole thing started and finished within seconds and they sherparded everyone down the back in no time

They were terrible. Slow to act and couldn't keep a hold on people. Herb dean seemed the most aware out of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

spix wrote: »
    They were terrible. Slow to act and couldn't keep a hold on people. Herb dean seemed the most aware out of the lot.

Herb getting praised for an early stoppage?

Huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He will have made a fortune in this fight to live comfortably for the rest of his life at home.

If he ever gets paid that is!

He'll just go onto Ahkmat MMA's payroll fulltime if he does. He has already met one of his benefactors Kadyrov since getting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Think he's tempting fate threatening to leave. From when I first started paying attention to the MMA when Conor emerged on the scene Khabib been the bogeyman everyone in the division was doing their best to avoid. Dana probably never wanted to give him a shot at the belt until Conors MMA vacation and Khabibs record forced his hand. He might look at how Khabib dismantled his cash cow and think he's just too dominant and his style too ugly to bring in the PPVs a Conor/Ferguson championship fight would . In short I think Dana might call his bluff to clear the deck for more attractive stylistic match ups at the top.

Think he's tempting fate threatening to leave. From when I first started paying attention to the MMA when Conor emerged on the scene Khabib been the bogeyman everyone in the division was doing their best to avoid. Dana probably never wanted to give him a shot at the belt until Conors MMA vacation and Khabibs record forced his hand. He might look at how Khabib dismantled his cash cow and think he's just too dominant and his style too ugly to bring in the PPVs a Conor/Ferguson championship fight would . In short I think Dana might call his bluff to clear the deck for more attractive stylistic match ups at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 AntiClimax

Mcgregor's illegal fight moves exposed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5GA0yV3jZg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that video's edited with an ever so slight bias for Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

AntiClimax wrote: »
    Mcgregor's illegal fight moves exposed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5GA0yV3jZg

Khabib really is an unstoppable Russian athlete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that video's edited with an ever so slight bias for Khabib.

The vid is obviously pro Khabib, but still. They didn't edit in the fouls he made and strikes he took.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If they did that not one person would take the title seriously. They would be the champion only because Khabib left and everyone would know it despite the ufc or machine

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub

May be, but still exposes illegal moves....that knee on the ground could have knocked Khabib out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Wailin

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    thebaz wrote: »
    was up on the Indo last night - pretty embarassing to watch - those Russians know how to fight , as the English found out at the Euros , 2 years ago.

Easy to batter a few drunken skangers when you're sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

It was one incident between a couple of idiots. I've only seen two incidents. All it does is damage MMA and its supporters. Better off to dismiss it. I've seen way worse things and more incidents of them at a junior B hurling match.

If they did that not one person would take the title seriously. They would be the champion only because Khabib left and everyone would know it despite the ufc or machine

In fairness is Khabib not champion only because Conor took a vaycay and Dana stripped him. By your logic Khabibs title would be just as illegitimate.

Also you'd swear the ufc had a rep for fairness to protect to begin with. Dana makes the fights that will make him the most money not always the ones the rankings suggests should happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    walshb wrote: »
    May be, but still exposes illegal moves....that knee on the ground could have knocked Khabib out...

Pretty sure at that stage Khabib' had McG's arm in a kimura and was shouting at Dana, then boom and McG smashed the illegal knee forcing Khabib' to let go of the arm, that arm was going snap

Hard to blame McG for throwing this knee when he knows well what Khabib' is going for But the ref has to fecking ref the fight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement