Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

So Khabibs teammate was running for danis who is Conor’s teammate to hit him but Conor threw a dig to defend danis and he’s in the wrong????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

In fairness is Khabib not champion only because Conor took a vaycay and Dana stripped him. By your logic Khabibs title would be just as illegitimate.

Even if this were the case, I am pretty confident Khabib legitmised his title with his comprehensive victory, over McGregor.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So Khabibs teammate was running for danis who is Conor’s teammate to hit him but Conor threw a dig to defend danis and he’s in the wrong????

That's just not accurate.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Nurmagomedov by Sub

Wow you can read his mind? Amazing ability.

And why was he carrying Khabib's big wooly hat? As a weapon no doubt, Danis must be allergic to wool.

By the time he got to the cage security had broken everything up and how exactly could he pick out Danis as a target from across the octogon? He ran straight past McG and didn't give him a second look.

I don't blame McG for smacking him tho, it was a crazy situation and he was in fight/ survival mode, but why not go off the actual footage instead of guessing what people were thinking

JJayoo wrote: »
    Wow you can read his mind? Amazing ability.

And why was he carrying Khabib's big wooly hat? As a weapon no doubt, Danis must be allergic to wool.

By the time he got to the cage security had broken everything up and how exactly could he pick out Danis as a target from across the octogon? He ran straight past McG and didn't give him a second look.

I don't blame McG for smacking him tho, it was a crazy situation and he was in fight/ survival mode, but why not go off the actual footage instead of guessing what people were thinking

One question.

Why was Khabibs mate running to hop over the cage?

• Advertisement

One question.

Still waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Still waiting....

To join in the scrap that Khabib had started? Or was that a rhetorical question?

dulux99 wrote: »
    To join in the scrap that Khabib had started? Or was that a rhetorical question?

Why Khabibs mate jumped into the ring and onto a cage but gets a free ride ????

I’ll await.....

dulux99 wrote: »

So was Conor in the wrong swinging for him??????????

So was Conor in the wrong die swinging for him??????????

Absolutely not

I feel like I've jumped into an argument where I've no idea what's going on

Anyone criticising McGregor for the act of self defense in that instance is just not worth arguing with

• Advertisement

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    One question.

Well maybe he was thinking something like " oh sh1t Khabib has just jumped into the McG team hopefully he won't get his head kicked in"

He he was charging to fight why not just go directly at McG.

In the same way that John Kavanagh jumped into the cage to protect Conor as opposed to looking to fight.

I am only talking about the guy with the wooly hat the two other tits who jumped in are a pair of clowns especially the smaller of the two whom McGregor jabbed the head off.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    One question.

Well maybe he was thinking something like " oh sh1t Khabib has just jumped into the McG team hopefully he won't get his head kicked in"

He he was charging to fight why not just go directly at McG.

In the same way that John Kavanagh jumped into the cage to protect Conor as opposed to looking to fight.

I am only talking about the guy with the wooly hat the two other tits who jumped in are a pair of clowns especially the smaller of the two whom McGregor jabbed the head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'd guess because he had it in his hand when it kicked off and never thought to drop it. He still had it in his hand when he was throwing punches inside the octagon a few seconds later.
    I figured he was jumping into help Khabib.
    Help could mean to back him up or to get him out of there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 AntiClimax

Wailin wrote: »
    Easy to batter a few drunken skangers when you're sober.
    and the Irish will always be drunk, so they'll always be the ones who lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    It’s been nearly a full week since this fight. And the content is still coming.
    What’s the latest rumors from the inside sources?

McGregor only let him win to lul him into a false sense of security for the rematch..

Next level psychological warfare..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Rumours Khabib tested positive lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Rumours Khabib tested positive lol.

By a thick dub footballer still?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

A screenshot of a msg to some sbg group.

Another week of rumours until nac meet to decide what to do about the after fight melee

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mmmayonaise

"
    Khabib was experiencing seizures 2 days before the fight with Conor McGregor at UFC 229."

From twitter.

Dunno why Conor didn't bother turning up on time for the last press conference. Could have made Khabib suffer with the weight cut a bit longer.

• Advertisement

Our man on the ground, Diarmuid Connolly, has been quiet so not much over the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

McGregor by Sub
    Anyone who wants to see a wrestler really maul a striker should see the Bader v. Mitrione fight last night. It was beyond domination, Mitrione couldn't do a thing and I'm not even sure he got a single notable strike across all 3 rounds.

What makes it even more incredible is that Bader isn't even in the same weight class.

Mitrione afterwards: "Dude rode me like a ****in pony".

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

I watched the fight again and he looked so off walking into the ring like internally he knew I cant win this, a marked difference to his normal pre fight confidence, his hunger is gone, I doubt even at the top of his game he could beat khabib but he would have put up more of a fight, with the risk of head trauma etc that comes with fighting he should just walk become a commentator or something, cant see him clawing back to the top now, but the taking of a round gives a glimmer as to how to beat khabib, I don’t see anyone knocking him out but if you have excellent tdd and pick him off in the stand up he’ll be beaten on points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Anyone who wants to see a wrestler really maul a striker should see the Bader v. Mitrione fight last night. It was beyond domination, Mitrione couldn't do a thing and I'm not even sure he got a single notable strike across all 3 rounds.

What makes it even more incredible is that Bader isn't even in the same weight class.

Mitrione afterwards: "Dude rode me like a ****in pony".

I don't think King Mo landed a single strike either. Hats off to Bader but what does that say about Bellator?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mmmayonaise

Calltocall wrote: »
    I watched the fight again and he looked so off walking into the ring like internally he knew I cant win this, a marked difference to his normal pre fight confidence, his hunger is gone, I doubt even at the top of his game he could beat khabib but he would have put up more of a fight, with the risk of head trauma etc that comes with fighting he should just walk become a commentator or something, cant see him clawing back to the top now, but the taking of a round gives a glimmer as to how to beat khabib, I don’t see anyone knocking him out but if you have excellent tdd and pick him off in the stand up he’ll be beaten on points

McGregor has always lacked internal confidence when things do not go his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

McGregor by Sub
    I don't think King Mo landed a single strike either. Hats off to Bader but what does that say about Bellator?

That fight? Not much really. Mitrione is a good stand-up fighter. There's a generally lower standard of fighter in Bellator but there's tons of top talent at the higher levels as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Ah I don't know if its says much about Bellator, but probably a bit about the talent at heavyweight as opposed to light heavyweight.

I've no doubt Based would do quite well competing against many UFC heavyweights, and probably better than he did at light heavyweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I still just don't know why he came back. Even if he had won the other night what's the point? Hes got more money than he could ever spend as it is.
    There's guys still fighting into their late 30s and 40s who wouldn't have made a precent of what he has made across their whole careers.

He's could be out at 30 with a couple hundred million and no lasting damage. Do a few **** movies, a stint in WWE then just disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    Perhaps fighting gives him a certain satisfaction that money doesn't, despite all his bluster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Perhaps winning gives him a certain satisfaction that money doesn't, despite all his bluster.

If your so in love with MMA you don't leave it for 2 years to have an exhibition boxing match with and all time great. McGregor is out partying enjoying life as he should be, how do you get motivated to go back and do what you did again.

UFC is prizefighting, it's all for money no matter what anyone says.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement