Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

spix wrote: »
    Its not clear enough to say for certain because of the crowd in the background and in general its hard to fully understand someonewhos breathing heavy and wearing a mouthguard....but there is literally 0 chance its 'its only business'. He only says 2 words, and the first word definitely sounds nothing like 'only' not to mention only is 2 syllables and first word Conor says only has 1 syllable. I'm 100% sure the first word begins with F.

In the version I heard with better audio, I'm almost certain Conor says 'Fine clinches' then khabib says 'You tired?' followed by 'Hey, lets go'. My 2nd guess would be Fight business which would be a reply to Khabib complaining to the ref. People trying to saying Conor is apologizing is just stupid.

To me first word finished in ly and second word is business.
    Can't see how you are getting fine or fight or clinches to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

blade1 wrote: »
    To me first word finished in ly and second word is business.
    Can't see how you are getting fine or fight or clinches to be honest

I can't see how you hear LY, its not there at all for me.

You really don't hear the F to begin the first word? That's the most obvious part to me.

I can't see how you hear LY, its not there at all for me.

You really don't hear the F to begin the first word? That's the most obvious part to me.

Where did I say I didn't hear an f?

Where did I say I didn't hear an f?

Well if you hear an f, how can you say you don't understand how I hear 'fine' or 'fight' ? What other words begining with f could it be, fonly perhaps? :)

Well if you hear an f, how can you say you don't understand how I hear 'fine' or 'fight' ? What other words begining with f could it be, fonly perhaps? :)
    It may not be an F.
    I can't make out the first part of the word.
    I could be 'f' or it could be 'It's' spoken through spit,gum shield and breathing.
    As I said, to me it ends in ly.

• Advertisement

It may not be an F.
    I can't make out the first part of the word.
    I could be 'f' or it could be 'It's' spoken through spit,gum shield and breathing.
    As I said, to me it ends in ly.

It can't be its, because if he says its there is simply not enough else said to even consider 'only business'. There's also no way he says more than 2 words.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

dave1982 wrote: »

Here's clearer audio with no commentators https://streamable.com/7gdyc

PS ignore the subtitles whilst listening

I also hear 'Fine kisses' It really sounds like that if you break up the audio bit by bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

McGregor by Sub
    I laughed when it was first suggested, but now i only hear 'kisses'.

I laughed when it was first suggested, but now i only hear 'kisses'.

I hear kisses too. Could be 'fine kisses' as in kiss is slang for punch, and they stood up that whole round punching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor by Sub
    Here's clearer audio with no commentators https://streamable.com/7gdyc

PS ignore the subtitles whilst listening

I also hear 'Fine kisses' It really sounds like that if you break up the audio bit by bit

From the streamable, I hear kisses as well, leaning towards fine kisses. Someone tweet herb Dean for confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    From the streamable, I hear kisses as well, leaning towards fine kisses. Someone tweet herb Dean for confirmation.

I hear 'Don't kiss us' quite clearly. Would make sense as well with Khabib being as close to him at the time he said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

Naos wrote: »
    I hear 'Don't kiss us' quite clearly. Would make sense as well with Khabib being as close to him at the time he said it.

I dont hear dont :p About 99% sure now its Fine kisses, I hear the F, the 'ne' and the kisses. It sounds more like kisses than kiss us

squawker wrote: »

I wonder does JK get paid to do these interviews and the joe rogan show, wonder how much he gets if he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

McGregor by Sub
    Sure he didn't.

My diagnoses for this thread is that some people are suffering auditory hallucinations lol.

I'm around martial arts a very long time and I've yet to hear a fighter say to anything fighter anything about kisses lol.

Looks like Conor has done a Ronda on this and went right underground, which is understandable after such a humiliating loss.

I'd like to see him make a return, a lot more humble and respectful to his opponents. He doesn't have to sell his fights with that bile he spat at Khabib.

He's a fun guy, spectacular fighter but I lost a massive amount of respect for him at that press conference.

I'm off now to a Judo competition where mutual respect for all will be the order of the day.. I'll have a great day of martial arts where there'll be lots of young girls and boys aspiring to be martial artists & not gangsters.

Clubs & organisations should foster this and distance themselves and their students from gutter snipping.

Right that's my last word on it.

'Fine kisses'.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :pac::pac:

My diagnoses for this thread is that some people are suffering auditory hallucinations lol.

I'm around martial arts a very long time and I've yet to hear a fighter say to anything fighter anything about kisses lol.

Looks like Conor has done a Ronda on this and went right underground, which is understandable after such a humiliating loss.

I'd like to see him make a return, a lot more humble and respectful to his opponents. He doesn't have to sell his fights with that bile he spat at Khabib.

He's a fun guy, spectacular fighter but I lost a massive amount of respect for him at that press conference.

I'm off now to a Judo competition where mutual respect for all will be the order of the day.. I'll have a great day of martial arts where there'll be lots of young girls and boys aspiring to be martial artists & not gangsters.

Clubs & organisations should foster this and distance themselves and their students from gutter snipping.

Bwhahahwa to your whole post lol, everything you said is completely irrelevant. It just seems you're so mad at how he behaves that you want to pretend he was humbled by apologising to khabib. The audio is clear as day that he said kisses. You want him to be well mannered knowing he'll make less money, just so a few people won't have their feelings hurt? I'm sure he'll take that into account next time around... Not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

No way he says it’s only business.

Nothing worst in a person than making up stuff to suit their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

McGregor by Sub
    Perry12 wrote: »
    I’ve just listened to it with headphones on (quiet day at work). I’m probably wrong but it sounds like he says “throwing kisses” probably in reference to Khabibs punching. They did stand and trade in that round

Said this last week and I still think it's what he said. He wanted Khabib to stand and trade and the best way to do that is to tell your opponent they have no power.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sure he didn't.

Sure it is. You claim that others are obsessed with Conor and this clouds their judgement. But you’ve got the most posts about this in last few page. And it’s such a menial thing too. Like that final nail of humiliation brings you ultimate gratification. It’s a strange thing to witness ina grown man, never mind a self proclaimed career martial artist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

McGregor by Sub
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Sure it is. You claim that others are obsessed with Conor and this clouds their judgement. But you’ve got the most posts about this in last few page. And it’s such a menial thing too. Like that final nail of humiliation brings you ultimate gratification. It’s a strange thing to witness ina grown man, never mind a self proclaimed career martial artist.

A 50 year old acting like a child, this thread brings out the best in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor by Sub

He’s currently on a whistle stop tour of a number of distillery’s around the United States in order to promote his whiskey and only last night was at a Drake and Migos concert in the Staples Center.

Whether that’s a good or a bad thing is open to opinion but what is fact is that he’s doing the exact opposite of what you’ve just claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    No post fight press conference, not a single media appearance since the loss. Kinda pulling a Ronda here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor by Sub
    Sounds like he says Fight Business to me

No post fight press conference, not a single media appearance since the loss. Kinda pulling a Ronda here.

Eh no, Ronda was severely depressed after her first loss. Conors already been through that with Diaz and again this time, he's exactly the same, out partying and doing business stuff. His post fight press + afterparty were cancelled due to security concerns but even if it was Conor cancelling them, it would've just been because he couldn't be arsed, not because he can't face the music. But hey, if that's what you want to believe...just don't look at his instagram and pretend he is hiding away, a defeated man wiping away his tears with his millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Eh no, Ronda was severely depressed after her first loss. Conors already been through that with Diaz and again this time, he's exactly the same, out partying and doing business stuff. His post fight press + afterparty were cancelled due to security concerns but even if it was Conor cancelling them, it would've just been because he couldn't be arsed, not because he can't face the music. But hey, if that's what you want to believe...just don't look at his instagram and pretend he is hiding away, a defeated man wiping away his tears with his millions.

Let's face it, he's morto, and after that schooling who can blame him for cancelling everything and refusing to talk about it?

You think millionaires don't ever feel embarrassed?

He definitely apologised as well.

Let's face it, he's morto, and after that schooling who can blame him for cancelling everything and refusing to talk about it?

If you say so :rolleyes:

I'm sure he cared that he lost, who wouldn't? I highly doubt he feels embarrassed though, I guarantee he knows full well going into any fight that there's a chance hes going to lose. Unlike with Ronda who never lost before and thought she was invincible, completely different scenario. The diaz loss would've been harder for him to deal with, first loss in the ufc, coming off the aldo high, against someone who isn't exactly unbeaten. For that one he still showed up to press/afterparty. He didn't cancel his around the usa whiskey tour and was partying the next day, just not at his advertised venue which is understandable in case some russians decided to show up and cause trouble.

He definitely did not apologise and the way he started round 4 aggressively proves it, even if the audio wasn't comprehensible, which it is. According to desperate conor haters/khabib fanboys that was conor giving up all hope at the end of round 3, a round he won and didn't get taken down in. Funny **** when you really think about it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

What did McGregor cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Has khabib said anything about a rematch? Can’t find anything online of him talking about it, Be interesting to see what his take on it is as he motivation has always been to smash Conor and humble him, job done so why fight again, sure the temptation of a huge payday etc but money doesn’t seem to be his main motivator.

I don’t know what next for Mcgregor, I really thought he sunk into the lowest depths of the gutter with his pre fight stuff, it was embarrassing and as a previous fan I lost respect for him it’s almost icarus like he just gone way too big for his boots, there’s no dishonor in losing to the best fighter in the world but in how he carried on pre fight there is, khabib apart from his moment of madness at the end handled himself well no bs straight up principled and respectful, that’s someone to admire, not what mcgregor has turned into why i say this I was at a soccer match recently and a group of young kids were imitating mcgregor like ‘you’ll do efin nothin etc and you could see he was a hero to them but I just had this moment is this what mcgregor is encouraging the youth to be a loud mouth, a bully, insult people, disrespect, all really bad qualities but once you make loads of money it’s all good, I’m glad khabib beat him, the better man won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Khabib just beat golden boy, they need to come to him to get a rematch. Make yourself hard to get, don't sell the rematch straight away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement