Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed

Options
  • 17-09-2018 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, 
    I'm in Dublin 15 and am only getting a max of 6 Mbps. Is there anything you can offer to improve this? This seems very poor for how close I am to an eir fibre cabinet. 

Regards
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Johemian wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I'm in Dublin 15 and am only getting a max of 6 Mbps. Is there anything you can offer to improve this? This seems very poor for how close I am to an eir fibre cabinet. 

Regards
    Joe
    Hi Johemian, 

This would more than likely be to do with your distance from the cabinet. It's important to note that the lines are not laid not as the crow flies and may take many different routes from the cabinet before it reaches your home. 

Unfortunately, there is no way of altering this.  I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement