Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Here it is Conor McGregors Whiskey!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Big thanks to "mightybashful", they had it in Liffey Valley, delighted :D

4 people picked up a bottle in the 30 seconds I was there so it's sure popular.

There were still a few bottles left in a box on the floor about 5pm anyway if anyone else is looking for some tonight.

I couldn't be arsed queuing for Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but I look forward to drowing this in coke and washing this down with a Domino's pizza while waiting for the fight to start :)
    463147.jpg

Thanks,
    BigAl.

You liking it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

You liking it?

I'd be interested to know what your opinion of is as well BigAl.

Try it a few ways,
    Neat
    With water
    With ice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The label is surprisingly very very traditional. No obvious references to Conor. The marketing team must have pushed for this in the hope that if Conor's unpopular it will slip on to the shelves along with other whiskeys and sell on it's own merit & price.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    The label is surprisingly very very traditional. No obvious references to Conor. The marketing team must have pushed for this in the hope that if Conor's unpopular it will slip on to the shelves along with other whiskeys and sell on it's own merit & price.

I don't have the Irish bottle within reach, but the U.S. label has his signature on the back.

Edit. The irish bottle has his signature.
    Also... the U.S. bottle has no mention of added colour, but the Irish bottle does, albeit Auf Deutsche .

oblivious wrote: »
    I agree with the review around the branding, the label is very poorly fixed to the bottle, riddled with air bubbles.

The poor quality packaging is a whole other story.
    Up until 2weeks before the launch of Proper 12, it was to be called Notorious Whiskey, but due to
    An objection by Mr oHara of Carlow brewing conor couldn't use the notorious brand for alcohol.

So the Proper12 brand was launched in haste. Product had to be rebranded, rebottled.. it was all terribley rushed. Hence the lacklustre label, and poor quality bottles, and labels that seem to be attached with spit and prit-stick .

Even the physical bottle was not the one they were initially going to use.

But, credit due.. they pulled off a fantastic marketing campaign and sold a hit load of stock.

I doubt any new entrant to the alcohol market has shifted so much stock in so little time.

So far the whiskey has been a massive success, and has met or exceeded all expectations,
    except for the one that counts... taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And now it is the drink associated with a loser.

Wonder will its sales drop off now that Conor took another spanking?

NIMAN wrote: »
    And now it is the drink associated with a loser.

It'll be 3years before a proper-proper 12 is released using their own distalate.
    And 12years before a proper 12 12yr old is available.

Will McGregor even be around in 3yrs?

I'm sure someone will step in, buy out his share in the distillery.
    The man will never be poor.

But as for any future release, I'll be supping (for free hopefully) it at a bar/event, rather than buying a full bottle.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mikeecho wrote: »
    The poor quality packaging is a whole other story.
    Up until 2weeks before the launch of Proper 12, it was to be called Notorious Whiskey, but due to
    An objection by Mr oHara of Carlow brewing conor couldn't use the notorious brand for alcohol.

So the Proper12 brand was launched in haste. Product had to be rebranded, rebottled.. it was all terribley rushed. Hence the lacklustre label, and poor quality bottles, and labels that seem to be attached with spit and prit-stick .
    The trademark dispute was nothing new so his lack of preparation for it to stay against him shows very poor judgement by him and his company.
    But, credit due.. they pulled off a fantastic marketing campaign and sold a hit load of stock.

I doubt any new entrant to the alcohol market has shifted so much stock in so little time.

So far the whiskey has been a massive success, and has met or exceeded all expectations,
    except for the one that counts... taste.
    Will sales stay at those levels? The only thing going for it is the link to McGregor who is likely to be a nobody in the next year or two

The trademark dispute was nothing new so his lack of preparation for it to stay against him shows very poor judgement by him and his company.

Well... it's an insight into the mentality of the owner.

Will sales stay at those levels? The only thing going for it is the link to McGregor who is likely to be a nobody in the next year or two

It'll be on the same shelf as New Coke & Crystal Pepsi.

new_coke.jpg

Crystal_Pepsi20160628.jpg?1467149964

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It'll be 3years before a proper-proper 12 is released using their own distalate.
    Huh? He doesn't have a distillery and I doubt he plans to build one.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    Huh? He doesn't have a distillery and I doubt he plans to build one.

So where were all the pics of him getting his hands dirty at a distillery taken?

This brand is a flash in the pan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

So where were all the pics of him getting his hands dirty at a distillery taken?

This brand is a flash in the pan.

Bit like the man himself after last night :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Does anyone know if whiskey is good for wounds and bruised egos?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Bushmills, where his whiskey came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

oblivious wrote: »
    Probably designed to pair well with krispy kreme donuts :pac:

It paired very well actually :D:D:D
    463216.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

BeerNut wrote: »
    Bushmills, where his whiskey came from.

Relating to this, a fascinating listen on how grey goose vodka is made and marketed.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2018/02/23/588346329/episode-826-the-vodka-proof?t=1538943245445

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Not a single trace of this at DUB T2 this morning. Was hoping to have a taste for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

NIMAN wrote: »
    It will give the brand a new marketing opportunity.

Try Proper 12 Premixed - Whiskey & Choke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Hurrache wrote: »

Well....if that doesn't want to make you taste for yourself ....
    “notes of turpentine interlaced with the musk from a crowded, poorly-maintained Turkish bathhouse sauna.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

wexie wrote: »
    I just wasn't expecting a product that is supposed to reflect the true nature of Crumlin to be particularly refined or high class.

McGregor renounced his claim to be a Crumlin man by moving to Lucan :) and the "PJs" he claimed to have grown up in was the road with the highest priced houses in Crumlin

2 true sons of Crumlin - Brendan Behan and Phil Lynott. Now that's class. And of course me :p

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement