Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision Kit Recommendation

Options
  • 17-09-2018 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm interested in self-installing a Hikvision NVR and 4 cameras on semi-d in a housing estate to cover the drive, front-door and back garden. I have Cat5e cable for the POE and tools to trail wire around the house and attic and am happy enough I'd be able to set up the IP cameras and the NVR. There are Hikvision kits on Ebay at the moment with the following for about €800.

A 2TB Surveillance HD
    Three 8MP DS-2CD2385FWD-I dome cameras
    A DS-7604NI-K1/4P DVR

Has anyone else had any luck with these Ebay kits? Is there any supplier in Dublin that sells similar kits like this (for the benefit of a warranty).

Was also wondering if there's any benefit to the bullet-style cameras compared to the dome ones? I'm considering mounting a camera in the soffit at the front and back, but not sure where to mount the camera to get a view of the front-door.

Would appreciate any help with this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Hi,

Did you go ahead with this, how was the install

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mozil

Looking at something similar myself but with 6 cameras.
    Looking at hiwatch kits seems to be a good difference in price between the IP and the analogue cameras.

Assuming both are 2mp cameras is there much difference in picture quality between the two types?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

mozil wrote: »
    Looking at something similar myself but with 6 cameras.
    Looking at hiwatch kits seems to be a good difference in price between the IP and the analogue cameras.

Assuming both are 2mp cameras is there much difference in picture quality between the two types?

I have used Hiwatch and the quality was good so well impressed considering the price

FYI - Amazon.co.uk sell them

Advertisement