Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hozier Olympia 15/16/17 December

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MelBri

ruadh wrote: »
    Hi had two tickets secured but the app would not take any card, debit or credit. Kept getting an Oops - Error message. Very annoying.

Same thing happened to me. So frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Logged in on Laptop, opened up app on phone, on phone had two tickets add to cart - log in - account does not exist! Although I am logged in on the laptop! Would not accept my email address - even though I logged in on Wednesday for presale! So infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I have completely lost my knack with buying tickets on ticketmaster. Would love to know how people end up getting through. Had the page open 5 mins before on 2 devices and still had no luck.

The new queuing system makes it alot harder to buy tickets ,its full or bugs.
    General sales like today are a waste of time ,they probably sold most of the tickets in the presale and held back a load too.
    Its all a hype generating exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

My experience is that waiting in the queue doesn't work. I refresh the page and also have the app open. I keep going in for at least 10 minutes, constantly refreshing. Even after it tells you no tickets left, I find, more often than not, I'll end up getting tickets. There's probably some poor sap somewhere who lost them after having them in their basket, but I've been that sap on occasion too.

Edit: Oh, and of course, make sure you're logged in and credit card is up to date in your account.

Although I had the issue above with card not being accepted last week for The Coronas. Luckily when I got into work they had just added th 4th night and I got tickets no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I was phoning the INEC at 09.00 on the dot this morning - at one stage both my mobile and landline were on so I'd answer which ever first. By 09.03 I was told all sold out. (That was directly from the INEC - 3 minutes). At the same time my friend was on to ticket master to try and get 3 tickets. Thankfully she succeeded. So delighted to say the 3 of us are going.

But I've spent half the week trying everything - and yes - Ticketmaster is a DISASTER. And tickets are already on sale on another site for same gig at over €100 per ticket - I thought this was all illegal now.

It isn't fair - it shows that the touts are winning - every damn time.

Maybe in future it will have to be 2 tickets per person. At least more people will have a chance of getting them vs. the touts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 marpad

So I know I am very lucky but I managed to snag tickets to both Sunday and Monday in the Olympia. We have decided we will go on Sunday so I want to give the Monday ones to a friend who didn't manage to get tickets. Problem is that they seem to be only the eticket option on your phone, no PDF/print off ticket option. I can give my friend my credit card but from experience do they allow you in? It says on their website that they will check photo ID matches credit card and that you have to actually attend yourself so even if I go down to the Olympia (I don't live in Dublin so this would be a pain) only way for her to go in would be with me. Also presume they won't swap them for hard tickets for me? Anyone have any experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

INEC was not sold out in 3 minutes. I got tickets for INEC at 09:10 via Ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    INEC was not sold out in 3 minutes. I got tickets for INEC at 09:10 via Ticketmaster.ie

People give up far too easily. I've often gotten tickets at 9:15-9:30. More so with bigger venues as tickets in people's baskets are released. While there are people on Twitter from 9:02 claiming no tickets were released to the public.

Can happen with smaller venues too, just less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Gigs are never sold out in less than 20 minutes. Usually takes 3 minutes or so before all the tickets are held up in the queue, but if ye wait another couple minutes, some of those queued tickets get released back into the pool.

Still didn't get a ticket for any of the gigs though, was ran off my feet in work this morning and forgot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,566 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it only 1 date for INEC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it only 1 date for INEC?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If anyone desperately needs a Hozier fix but couldn't get tickets for his own gigs...

https://twitter.com/3arenadublin/status/1043072735918911488?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Benbecul97 wrote: »

It was the INEC's box office who said sold out at 09.03 - so they were obviously only allowed to sell a certain number of tickets - hence my friend was able to get them for INEC on ticketmaster at the same time. J

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Really want tickets for this. What are the chances of more tickets going on sale? The Cure were apparantly sold out but more tickets have been available on ticketmaster this week 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

dmm82 wrote: »
    Really want tickets for this. What are the chances of more tickets going on sale? The Cure were apparantly sold out but more tickets have been available on ticketmaster this week ��

I was holding out hope that he would do the friday in Killarney, since he announced today that he's back in killarney next summer, it's highly unlikely :(

Upper Circle available for Monday night now on Ticketmaster.

Thanks so much for that!! Got 2. Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Gone again it seems.

Tickets back on sale for every night.

That's so annoying that they keep doing that. It's either sold out or it's not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

That's incredibly annoying! but also give me hope that more Dermot Kennedy tickets will become available closer to the gig :)

It doesn't say sold out ,it says tickets are currently unavailable.
    No gig is ever actually sold out ,they always hold back tickets for numerous reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tickets back on sale for every night.

Damn, must have missed them cause there's none for sunday or monday now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

What time are doors open?

Advertisement