Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painter quote advice - seems high

Options
  • 17-09-2018 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi all, I originally posted in design and decoration but it was suggested I post here.

Looking for some advice. We are buying a house from plans and the painter has quoted us 5k for total indoor painting - outside is done by the builders. The house is 150 sq m. 2 sitting rooms, kitchen, dining room, sun room, hall/stairs/landing, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, utility room.

He is telling us the builders inspect and only accept a perfect job and he will have to spend 2 weeks in the house to do the job they want. He is saying it will be base coat (presume this is primer), white all over and then 3 coats of the colour we want.

He seems nice but I am just wondering if any tradesmen on think this is reasonable? I don't mind paying if it is a fair enough price but it was a fair bit higher than I anticipated. Also should say that the price is everything included, all materials, paint, labour etc.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement