Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Paris Saint-Germain, Tues, k.o. 8pm, RTE2 & BT Sport 2

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

monkey9 wrote: »
    222 million is what PSG paid for Neymar. Never forget that.

As they said during the game on BT he only does half his job too :P
    Ive grown to really dislike him as a player even well before his disgraceful antics at the wc.
    Hes only interested in himself and never the team, reminds me of Ronaldo quite a bit.
    Its why neither of them will ever be remembered quite like Messi wil be.
    Back on topic , Liverpool deserved the win, PSG got lucky twice with their goals.
    It was quite alarming to watch the PSG fans give the players a great reception when they went over to them after the game, if i was a fan i would be furious after that lazy lazy performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Dcully wrote: »
    As they said during the game on BT he only does half his job too :P
    Ive grown to really dislike him as a player even well before his disgraceful antics at the wc.
    Hes only interested in himself and never the team, reminds me of Ronaldo quite a bit.
    Back on topic , Liverpool deserved the win, PSG got lucky twice with their goals.

I think Ronaldo gets a lot of bad press. I've seem clips of him being very supportive to teammates, words of encouragement around penalty shootouts and even towards rivals, when things go awry. There's a ruthless streak in Messi too, you need that to get to where they are. Their work ethic is one of the things that sets them apart from Neymer, imo.

I'd expect a different PSG in the return leg, they looked poor last night. One of the disadvantages of being a monster in a poor league probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He's nothing like Ronaldo and Ronaldo will be remembered for a very long time.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He's nothing like Ronaldo and Ronaldo will be remembered for a very long time.

So hes not selfish or self centered then?
    Always seemed so to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

What a shocker from Salah, one season wonder???

KingdomYid wrote: »

Shocker? Apart from his finishing and giving the ball away the lead to the second goal he actually played well enough for a normal player that is.
    The thing is people expect wonders from him all the time now.
    All top class players have dips in form, its only a matter of time before he hits form.
    Hes far from a one season wonder, probably wont replicate last season but i can see 30 goals from him.
    How did spurs get on lastnight ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Desperate1537307410.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Shocker? Apart from his finishing and giving the ball away the lead to the second goal he actually played well enough for a normal player that is.
    The thing is people expect wonders from him all the time now.
    All top class players have dips in form, its only a matter of time before he hits form.
    Hes far from a one season wonder, probably wont replicate last season but i can see 30 goals from him.
    How did spurs get on lastnight ? :)

I thought he was very average for a player of his calibre, I mean top top players should not be giving the ball away that easily numerous times.

Spurs lost, I was talking about the Liverpool game which this thread is about :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Fun Bobby can do it all, two eyes, one eye, even no eyes, scores for fun :D

Brilliant Footballer, Brilliant attitude, €100m plus wouldn't buy him

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mane had a similiar start to last season where nothing was coming off for him. Players start trying too hard then. Just one goal can set them on their way again so not worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mane had a similiar start to last season where nothing was coming off for him. Players start trying too hard then. Just one goal can set them on their way again so not worried.

Most importantly though, during bad spells, both have worked incredibly hard and made themselves undroppable through what they bring even when off form.

Mane last season harassed and ran and never shied away from receiving the ball and stretching teams. Salah's been doing the same this season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Think Salah played well apart 1 or 2 mistakes, ive noticed Mane isn't the greatest at passing to team mates in better positions, happened at the weekend when he left it late and gave it to Keita when Salah had more of a chance, lad needs to pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Most importantly though, during bad spells, both have worked incredibly hard and made themselves undroppable through what they bring even when off form.

Mane last season harassed and ran and never shied away from receiving the ball and stretching teams. Salah's been doing the same this season so far.

When things aren't going their way their work ethic still shines through. To play a high press like that they have to or it just doesn't work. Thought he was decent myself

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

His start to the season is no worse than Harry Kane. Is he destined to have a bad season too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Shout out to Mr Nice Guy who started the thread. Literally called the game,and exact scoreline, in the first post. Excellent work.

As well as the score, he called the Bernat weakness spot on, and had an excellent and risque pun / play on words in there too regarding Areola nipping in front of Buffon as number one.

As opening posts go, it had it all :cool:

Advertisement