Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's type of switch is this?

Options
  • 18-09-2018 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Need to replace a bathroom light switch. Looks a bit like an intermediate switch as there are 2x L1's and 2xL2's, but it's the sole switch (powering four bathroom spec spot lights.)

What am I looking for?

20180914_112612.jpg
    wiring_diag.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jlav1

You're correct. If its the only switch that turns on the 4 lights at once, a 1 gang 1 way switch is what you're after

Double Pole Single Throw

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Got around to getting a replacement at at last. However there's a snag, while I ordered a double pole, single throw, the configuration is different, see below.

The switch is rated at 20A, which I believe is ok, but can I replace the wires on a 1:1 basis, i.e. Top: L1 = LOut, L2 = NOut, Bottom: L1 = LIn, L2 = NIn ?

vGlMLcam.jpg

L(1)in -> L(1)out
    (L2)Nin -> (L2)Nout

Advertisement