Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truly Unlimited Broadband- shown on website am I now the same??

Options
  • 18-09-2018 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭

Looking on eir site just now and saw this piece of information under the broadband section " 
    [font=eir-medium-web, "Arial Medium"]Truly Unlimited Broadband[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Our unlimited broadband really is unlimited. No usage caps and the best speeds available."[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]My query is this really the case or is there a sneaky reference hidden away that refers to an FUP of 1TB.[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]If it is TRULY unlimited then as last eir are dealing with the competition but ....[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Another reason for asking is that EIR were reported to the advertising standards for the the use of the word UNLIMITED and lost, ie they were in breach of advertising guidelines so maybe that's why they have opted for the truth!!   As an existing customer does TRULY apply to me or am I still being lied to? [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]If I am not covered can someone direct me to the bit that may have the get out clause ie " For new customers only" as I cant find anything.[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I have FTTH.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi swoofer,

This would not be an automatic change over as systematically it isn't possible therefore amendments would need to be made to your account in order to provide you with the uncapped allowance.

If you contact our customer care team on 1901 to request this they will assist you further.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Hi when did this change kick in? I wasn't aware of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Sierra117x,

Can you advise the exact change that you're referring to?

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement