Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your 2019 Races

• 18-09-2018 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Curious to know what peoples plans are for next year

I am looking for some inspiration myself, I done 7 races this year (4 Sprints, 2 Olympics and 1 70.3 (Dun L) This was my first year in the sport and really enjoyed it. I wont have time for the full IM but 2020 I have the target for that.

I applied for the world championships in Lausanne - waiting to see if I got it. If I do that will be a good race to end 2019 in!

Would love to hear what other people are contemplating!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

most have either just finished a season or for some still winding up. probably a bit early for most to have a plan for next year yet. race calendar not out till november/december usually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

Hardman half

For the rest I will see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

Hardman half bantry and then DCM.

I'll do some local tri's as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

The plan for 2019 goes as follows..

Gaelforce Dublin
    Ironman Cork
    Alpe d’Huez Tri (not 100% yet)
    DL half IM
    DCM.

Apart from GF Dublin and DCM the rest I won’t do if I get a spot for the Norseman.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Marty Bird wrote: »
    The plan for 2019 goes as follows..
    Alpe d’Huez Tri (not 100% yet)
    Norseman.

Delighted to hear that Im not the only person who watched Icarus and immedialy added d'Huez to the bucketlist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Tibulus wrote: »
    Delighted to hear that Im not the only person who watched Icarus and immedialy added d'Huez to the bucketlist.

I always wanted to cycle it but since they have a triathlon that includes it, it’s the best of both worlds.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

My immediate goal is the ITU World Aquathlon Champs in Spain next May, after that I'll target 4 or 5 NS races, and try to reel in my son at the Bray aquathlons! Its good to plan at this stage I think, helps with focus and commitment as the nights get darker.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Ironman Cork
    Jailbreak
    Lost Sheep
    DCM

Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TimmyoTooleI

First year back training in a few years.doing Quest this weekend and Clonakilty HM in December.
    Next year Jailbreak, Cork city HM, Lost Sheep and maybe Quest again.
    Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Time to step away from the table and get going again ...

Clonakilty HM at the end of this year.

For 2019
    - Schull (nice local race which is always good fun)
    - Lost Sheep
    - IM Barcelona
    - ++

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

So far, I've signed up for the Paris Marathon and IM Cork. Both are out of the way by the end of June, so not making any plans beyond that just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Signed up for the Hardman half in Bantry and IM half in Dun Laoghaire. Would also like to do jailbreak Olympic as well as a few local events. Toying with idea of targeting DCM as well next year, but undecided as yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Finally getting plans ready for next year now myself

2 x Duathlons before the season kicks off & plenty of sportives throughout the year (3 peaks, orwell randonee,ROK etc)
    Carlow Sprint Tri
    Athy Olympic
    Tribesman Galway
    King of Greystones
    Caroline Kearney Oly
    Pikeman Tri
    Harbourman
    Luassane (Undecided sprint or oly yet)
    Still looking for a 70.3 too!
    DCM 1/2
    DCM Full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

jingle bells 5 k

raheny 5 .

a 10 miler

a half till march
    dua nats

a half im ( or a swim run race ) anything thats approx 4 hours somewhere around there another oly distance or carlow

frenchman

and then we see could be 2 weeks total off or

deauville and kilkee and then 2 weeks off

a few build races

hardman full

and maybe

4 120 30 cologne ( i have always wanted to do that distance and never have and like to do a swim run race too

but first we go to frenchman

one more thing i forgot i always wanted to do the Le Marathon Des Chateaux Du Medoc. goal time. sub 6 30 to get a bottle off wine
    https://www.winerist.com/magazine/entry/marathon-du-medoc-the-bordeaux-wine-marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Quite a comprehensive list, Peter. Plenty to distract you keep you busy before your A goals.

As for me, Ironman Austria in July and all going to plan the Ironman World Championships in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

zico10 wrote: »
    Quite a comprehensive list, Peter. Plenty to distract you keep you busy before your A goals.

As for me, Ironman Austria in July and all going to plan the Ironman World Championships in October.

You'll need to work on your run a bit for that to happen :pac::p

i like untapered training races rather than doing hard training sessions . and in the last 2 years my race winings covered all the race costs including travell costs plus 1 training camp a year.

I have only one A race next year since its more of an off season.

my 3 goals are

-to make sure to run a bit faster by mid march than last year.

- i d still like to cover 75% racing and travelling costs since the time waste ( cost) is already big eough as you well know.

- make sure that if I want to go to kona 2020 that i dont use too much mental energy . i have gone faster every year since iam back with tri and from know on if i hold thats ok , there is not that many 45 year olds that go sub 8.50 ( in an IM draft race closer to 8.40 ) so its much more about conserving now .

( it might well become project 50 since i still feel i can do better with the kona bubble money)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Planning on doing the harbour man triathlon as my first Olympic distance race. Any idea when it's on?

I hear you are a bit sidetracked too zico lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

peter kern wrote: »
    I hear you are a bit sidetracked too zico lol

I'm still in the middle of some downtime right now. My performance in DCM has given me something else to think about.

You said this to me after Connemarathon 2014;
    peter kern wrote: »
    maybe its time to become a marathon runner now ....
    And you might have been right.

When I do make my mind up, whatever I decide to do will get 100% of my focus. I think this is something I do very well, and with the utmost respect to you, Peter, this is not something I see in you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

A Marathon at yet to be decided location
    A few sprint tris, having not done a tri in around 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Cork IM finish and enjoy
    Lost Sheep again, plan to avoid hitting the wall and get in under the 6 hour mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dickidy

going to try get this in next year ,

wicklow and wexfor half marathons

king of greystones

harbourman in wicklow town

Dun L 70.3

P.Bs all over the place i hope

go luck to everyone in their plans for 2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Registered for tri an mhi. First season "racing" triathlon, so nice to get a bit if bling. Any other races have finishers medals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Registered for tri an mhi. First season "racing" triathlon, so nice to get a bit if bling. Any other races have finishers medals?

Loads...

Athy has nice medals

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

So far, I've signed up for the Paris Marathon and IM Cork. Both are out of the way by the end of June, so not making any plans beyond that just yet.

I just added the Dublin Marathon. One ironman sandwiched between two marathons is enough for me for 2019!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

National duathlon champs March
    Bantry hardman half May
    Harbourman or Tyrone half July
    Dublin 70.3 Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dojo93

Main Races so far ..

Hardman Duathlon - April 6th

Phoenix Park Duathlon - April 27th

Hardman Half Bantry - May 25th

TriAthy Double Olympic - June 1st

Ironman Cork - June 23rd

Ironman Dun Laoghaire 70.3 - August 25th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Dun Laoghaire half Ironman for me. I live there now so want to do the locals proud! Will have a look at the calendar for build up races.

• Advertisement
Advertisement