Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.eir.ie currently unavailable

Options
  • 18-09-2018 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

To our customers,

We are currently experiencing some issue with internal systems which is affecting access and use of "my eir" and webmail services. Some customers may also be experiencing intermittent issues with www.eir.ie however

Our Technical team are investigating this and hope to have a resolution very soon

If you have any queries on this or any other issue please feel free to get in touch with our Social Media teams at Facebook, Twitter

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this time.

eir Customer Care

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭wiilow74

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    To our customers,

It has come to our attention that some of you are currently unable to access www.eir.ie

This may also impact customers who are trying to access their webmail or trying to contact our Web chat team.

Our Technical team are investigating this and hope to have a resolution very soon however they have advised that clearing your cache may allow you to gain access to the eir website.

If you have any queries on this or any other issue please feel free to get in touch with our Social Media teams at Facebook, Twitter

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this time.

eir Customer Care
    Any estimate on when this issue will be resolved ??? Still can't get onto eir.ie so therefore can't get into my emails :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I could not get in for about 24 hours, but I am back in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Is there a backlog of emails for delivery? I just logged in to webmail there but there are no new mails since last night, which is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

I have no home phone and broadband since last Friday, for the days previous to that it was very patchy, informed Eir on Saturday, my case number is [snipped], my mobile phone signal is normal...Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 20 browser11

Eir what is going on ? I am in the UK and cannot access my email for the last 24 hours, and I cannot access eir.ie
    I have cleared my cookie caches.
    The eir.ie website is not showing on isitdownrightnow.com 

I have checked my AVG virus and it does not seem to be the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It's an internal Eir problem. No amount of clearing cache or cookies will help. Been down now all day Monday and Tuesday. I'm guessing IT are long gone for the day, so don't expect any miracles tonight.

How is this not flagged at the highest level inside the company? Do Eir not realise that customers - and potential customers - cannot access their customer facing web sites. Bonkers. Online sales must be way down. Explain that to the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 browser11

incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 11 A-Moss

Spent about an hour trying to get through to Sky on their chat tool to ask about switching, their teams are swamped.

Joking mentioned that there were probably loads of people looking to switch and the guy said there were a good few.

I'll be moving this Thursday, partly because of this whole ****show and partly because they are less than half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Philippe14

That happens just after they "sorted" the access to account that hit a lot of new customers. Apparently, eir are doing all they can to get out of business. They have a huge issues with their IT teams, that's for sure. I am looking forward to the end of my contract…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

When I go eir.ie in chrome i get a error page...but when i go https://www.eir.ie/ it works grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

I have been trying to get into their website all this week with no avail, need to print out my monthly invoices for my VAT returns
    have been in contact with them and they have admitted there is a problem and are posting out the invoices

• Registered Users Posts: 1 micko1996

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    To our customers,

We are currently experiencing some issue with internal systems which is affecting access and use of "my eir" and webmail services. 

Our Technical team are investigating this and hope to have a resolution very soon

If you have any queries on this or any other issue please feel free to get in touch with our Social Media teams at Facebook Twitter etc.

eir Customer Care
    This was posted yesterday (over 24 hours ago) and still no resolution for me. I suppose we shouldn't expect much more seeing that the eir Representatives are online here for 5 hours a day, with a 19 hour response time and they get to 89% of the queries. Wouldn't happen in a reliable company.....

bogman wrote: »
    I have no home phone and broadband since last Friday, for the days previous to that it was very patchy, informed Eir on Saturday, my case number is [snipped], my mobile phone signal is normal...Charles
    3 working days and still no landline/broadband, why am I not surprised.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wee abner

5 working days without my landline. Its beyond a joke.

3 working days and still no landline/broadband, why am I not surprised.....

4 working days and still no landline/broadband, why am I not surprised.....

Looking very much like its going to be a full working week without my landline, strange, not even a simple phone-call, has EIR gone into receivership or something !!!

Advertisement