Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote Marathon/HM/10k 08/12/2018

Options
  • 18-09-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭

http://lanzaroteinternationalmarathon.com/welcome/

Going to start a thread for this again this year. Always a good show of Irish, 116 so far across the board.
    It's not a PB course by any means but its well organised and a bit of craic. Looking for a bit of redemption after a poor show last year.

I'm nearly a local at this stage so any questions I'll try and answer.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

146 Paddys.......

211 Paddys....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Well???? How did ya get on???

It's one I may do in future as a tourist jog.... :)

A big fat DNF for me.

Got fed up after 12 miles, hired a bike and cycled back to the start:D

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

I don't blame you for getting fed up. I felt really quite pissed off when I finished. The 10km was 10.6km, the timing mat was 600 metres AFTER the start line, but it looks like the times are from the gun, so the official times are a joke. The 10k and HM are point-to-point so there was a strong wind against you the entire way. Water was impossible to find at the finish, there were just bottles of blue powerade marinating in tepid water in dustbins. I'm not a fan of strong sunshine so it was really quite an uncomfortable day.

The organisation generally is fine but it's a long way to come to toil in the heat and wind all day and record a miserable time. The 10km starting at noon is ridiculous, no reason why it couldn't be much earlier.

Ok, that said, the gear is nice and you can certainly have the craic if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

I like the idea of this next year, mainly to incorporate a week in the Sun during our miserable winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

ISOP wrote: »
    I like the idea of this next year, mainly to incorporate a week in the Sun during our miserable winter!

Though you were retiring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Though you were retiring!!
    I say that after every marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Just registered for the Half (2019) Saturday December 7th.

Should be a nice shake-out 5 week after DCM and a bit of warm sun as a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Was thinking of a couple of days in Lanzarote in December, might try squeeze the half in there as well, the plan was the full but 5 weeks after DCM I wouldn't want to see another 42km for a good while, haha.

Is anywhere in Costa Teguise ok to stay? Was thinking of flying out on the Friday but might be cutting it a bit close, is there much of an expo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Just checked and there are 75 "Paddys" attending :)

Just signed up for the half as Im doing Dublin so not that fussed about another Marathon in 2019.

Advertisement