Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indulgent lunch in D1/D2?

• 18-09-2018 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Taking a half day to have a long lunch. Where would you recommend? Only caveat is that it has to be on a Monday - so many restaurants aren't open for lunch.

All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

What kind of food are you looking for? Any budget?

Fire Restaurant on Dawson Street? The Ivy on the same street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

We'd eat anything and this is a treat, so budget not a big consideration. (I work near the Ivy and haven't heard good things ...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Carvery @ O'Neill's Pub on Suffolk St

Indulgent in a "stuff yourself with delicious food" kind of way :)

Damned nice Guinness too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

One Pico - if it didn't have to be Monday then definitely the Greenhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Cirillo's on baggot Street is nice. Or Doheny's across the road for pub grub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

My indulgent "stuff my face" dinner before donating blood every 3 months is a feast in Bison Bar - 2 meats and 2 sides (I always end up with pulled pork, half rack of ribs, chips and burnt end beans). They also open at midday so you'll be grand and they've just opened up their extended seating area!

Advertisement