Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Clothes

Options
  • 18-09-2018 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there are any charity shops (or something similar) that take bags of old clothes in Blanch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a couple in the Village (either side of Abrakebabra), herself brought a few bags of clothes and handbags to them recently and they were more than happy to accept them (St. Vincent de Paul moreso than NCBI)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

There are at least 2 in the village. SVP and another (the name escapes me at the minute). They are nearly next door to one another. Kinda across the road from Brownes restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a Pieta House clothes container (not the small bin types which are always full) in Coolmine Recycing Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Age Aware I think they're called in Mulhuddart Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

There's a cash for clothes place in Coolmine Industrial centre over where Dave McCann tyres are. Something like 60c per kilo which might bring you a few euro if discarding of a few bags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

sugarman wrote: »
    Dont bother with these scammers, theyre all selling the clothes on eBay for huge profit. Give them to a local charity shop that'll appreciate them and go towards a good cause.

Just dont put them in those metal bins - from a documentary on RTE a while back - those are run by companies that give a very small donation to the big stickered names on the bins - the charities do not get what you put in.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ozmo wrote: »
    Just dont put them in those metal bins - from a documentary on RTE a while back - those are run by companies that give a very small donation to the big stickered names on the bins - the charities do not get what you put in.

I am aware of a number of charities who collect directly from their own labelled bins, from which they receive 100% of the clothes donated.
    Please be sure of "your facts" when relying from memory in relation to a TV documentary, which was broadcast a number of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I am aware of a number of charities who collect directly from their own labelled bins, from which they receive 100% of the clothes donated.
    Please be sure of "your facts".

Well if you know - could you give us the list of those who do run their own bins - it would be most welcome and I/we might start using those in the future.

As it is I drop everything to the charity shop of my choosing directly.

There is also this to think of when using those outside bins:
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gangs-using-children-steal-1-8616241

“Roll it back”

Advertisement