Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

receiving cash from Western Union (Dublin)

• 18-09-2018 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭

I have several millions in monies promised to me by an African prince and need to do the needful and withdraw into mine pocket...

seriously though, I'm receiving cash via Western Union from Africa (not a prince unfortunately). Do I just bring a driving license?

Can I do this in the GPO? Also I take it there's no charge on my end, and it's just the sender that pays?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

mrcheez wrote: »
    I have several millions in monies promised to me by an African prince and need to do the needful and withdraw into mine pocket...

seriously though, I'm receiving cash via Western Union from Africa (not a prince unfortunately). Do I just bring a driving license?

Can I do this in the GPO? Also I take it there's no charge on my end, and it's just the sender that pays?

Any post office that does wu, depending on the amount.
    Valid photo id, which they will take a copy of.
    The amount depends on what the sender specified. You will be asked that on the form you fill in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bojill wrote: »
    Any post office that does wu, depending on the amount.
    Valid photo id, which they will take a copy of.
    The amount depends on what the sender specified. You will be asked that on the form you fill in.

I think it will just be about €50 or so.

does the cash come through instantly or takes a few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Instant

Advertisement