Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Golf Mk6 alarm fault

Options
  • 18-09-2018 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Guys.

Wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm having issues with my car alarm going off randomly over the last 24 hours and it's driving me nuts.
    The only way to make sure it doesn't keep happening is to keep it unlocked which I do not want to do.
    The car is completely electric and so can not be locked manually with a key.
    The mechanics can not take it until next week to have a look at it.
    It's a 2011 model.
    Has anyone had this issue or have any advise on how to fix it even in the interim without leaving the car unlocked???

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Leemo85 wrote: »
    Hi Guys.

Wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm having issues with my car alarm going off randomly over the last 24 hours and it's driving me nuts.
    The only way to make sure it doesn't keep happening is to keep it unlocked which I do not want to do.
    The car is completely electric and so can not be locked manually with a key.
    The mechanics can not take it until next week to have a look at it.
    It's a 2011 model.
    Has anyone had this issue or have any advise on how to fix it even in the interim without leaving the car unlocked???

Thanks in advance

Car needs to be scanned - the cause of the alarm will be logged e.g interior motion sensors, drivers door , passenger door etc.

Have you tried disabling the interior motion sensors prior to locking ? At least then you can rule them out. There should be a button on the bottom of the B pillar or there abouts,press that once and then close the door and arm alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leemo85

Thank you so much OSI. You are a life saver

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

yeah as Tossy said, try disabling the interior motion sensors. If it stops going off then, at least you've narrowed it down.

Thanks guys. I've tried the interior motion sensor and it is still going off. I was told to lock it manually with the key in drivers door. This doesn't work either.
    It seems the only option is to leave the car unlocked until I can get it seen to :-(

This is a royal pain in the ass. It's driving me mad

Thanks guys. I've tried the interior motion sensor and it is still going off. I was told to lock it manually with the key in drivers door. This doesn't work either.
    It seems the only option is to leave the car unlocked until I can get it seen to :-(

This is a royal pain in the ass. It's driving me mad

Where are you based ? If you are in Kildare i can scan it for you, at least then you'll be able to tell your mechanic what sensor is faulty.

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    Where are you based ? If you are in Kildare i can scan it for you, at least then you'll be able to tell your mechanic what sensor is faulty.

Thanks very much for the offer tossy but I'm in Galway. I wouldn't survive the trip down I'm so exhausted from it going off all night

Thanks very much for the offer tossy but I'm in Galway. I wouldn't survive the trip down I'm so exhausted from it going off all night

:D It would be a bit of a trek alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried opening each door, the boot and bonnet (think it also has sensor on bonnet) and checking that each sensor is unobstructed and clear of any dirt or debris?

Advertisement