Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best date to cancel my service?

Options
  • 18-09-2018 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm an Eir Fibre broadband customer. Out of contract now for over 8 months. Paying monthly €55 per month by direct debit.
    My billing period runs from 19th to 18th of the following month.

I won't need the service after end of October, so I'm wondering now how should I go about canceling it.

Does cancelation have to line in with billing period, or can I request cancellation at any time?

In detail what I'm asking is if I request cancellation for my service to be disabled on 31st October, will that mean that I'll still have to pay my €55 bill issued on 19th October covering period from 19th October to 18th November. Or will I only pay proportionally for period 19th October 31st October, which should be roughly €23 (if calculated proportionally).

Or is there no such option, and if I want to avoid paying another €55 for period 19th October to 18th November, I should cancel my service to be stopped before 19th October?

Thanks for clarification.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

CiniO wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm an Eir Fibre broadband customer. Out of contract now for over 8 months. Paying monthly €55 per month by direct debit.
    My billing period runs from 19th to 18th of the following month.

I won't need the service after end of October, so I'm wondering now how should I go about canceling it.

Does cancelation have to line in with billing period, or can I request cancellation at any time?

In detail what I'm asking is if I request cancellation for my service to be disabled on 31st October, will that mean that I'll still have to pay my €55 bill issued on 19th October covering period from 19th October to 18th November. Or will I only pay proportionally for period 19th October 31st October, which should be roughly €23 (if calculated proportionally).

Or is there no such option, and if I want to avoid paying another €55 for period 19th October to 18th November, I should cancel my service to be stopped before 19th October?

Thanks for clarification.
    Hi CiniO, 

You are required to give a 30 days notice period when cancelling your account. You can view all details here

In relation to billing, the billing will cease on the date of cancellation after the 30 days notice and your final bill will have the charges calculated proportionally. You can contact us 30 days prior to your cancellation date to request this via 1901. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement