Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving iron recommendations

Options
  • 18-09-2018 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi
    Would appreciate any advice , I’m contemplating buying a driving iron, I’m not a regular and off a high handicap. I hit long irons relatively good but struggling with woods. Any advice appreciated on possibly a 2 iron to suit.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I use a Mizuno Fli Hi I was fitted for in a 3i.

Loads of height of the tee and the fairway.

The trade off is from the rough, a hybrid is much easier to hit well from the rough but it for my golf game.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭koheim

I got one this year, decided to go budget to try it out. No regrets it is a super club, I got this one:
    https://www.nordicagolf.co.uk/golf-clubs/individual-irons/dynacraft-driving-iron-1

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

avud wrote: »
    Hi
    Would appreciate any advice , I’m contemplating buying a driving iron, I’m not a regular and off a high handicap. I hit long irons relatively good but struggling with woods. Any advice appreciated on possibly a 2 iron to suit.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance

Good question, I have a similiar issue and would think my game is better suited to the long irons. I have always struggled with fairway woods. Lets see what all the afficionados recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

hi....sufferred back injury couple of months ago and despite physiotherapy and everything `else looks like my golfing days are over.

Going to puut my full collection on adverts next few days

Allmost new Mizuno jpx 850 irons 395
    Hard case Flight case with 2 locks 60
    Titleist 775 CB IRONS 150
    powacaddy freeway FW3 350
    AND FOR YOU DRIIVING IRON MD STR 16 DEGREE MITSUBISHI RAYON JAVIN FX QI7 REGULAR SHAFT WITH HEAD COVER 45 EURO

located Bray but travel around south dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

dennyire wrote: »
    hi....sufferred back injury couple of months ago and despite physiotherapy and everything `else looks like my golfing days are over.
    Really sorry to hear that. Back injuries are horrendous. My sympathies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Have you tried out a Hybrid yet as an alternative?

I picked up a second hand 2-Hydrid Mizuno JPX-850. It has 16 degrees of loft and I'd imagine is an easier hit that a driving iron would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭sydneygolfdude

Have you tried out a Hybrid yet as an alternative?

I picked up a second hand 2-Hydrid Mizuno JPX-850. It has 16 degrees of loft and I'd imagine is an easier hit that a driving iron would be?

I second this, I think hybrids are the way to go. I picked up the Callaway XR-Steelhead 3H over the summer and I can safely say its now the most used club in my bag :o:o:o

Advertisement