Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir mobile connect plan - eir sports on mobile

Options
  • 19-09-2018 6:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've been an eir customer for a few years now.

2 days ago I switched my plan to eir's new SIM only plan; 'eir mobile connect'.

I was told in the shop that after powering off and on my phone that I would have access to eir sport on my phone (red eir sport just mobile app). When I tried logging in I'm told that my email or password is incorrect or that I'm not eligible to access eir sport. (My email and password work fine for accessing the 'my eir' app)

I've subsequently contacted customer service who told me after a while that it will take 24 hours for my account to set up. It's been 2 days since and I still don't have access. Please help to sort this problem out. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

turniphead wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've been an eir customer for a few years now.

2 days ago I switched my plan to eir's new SIM only plan; 'eir mobile connect'.

I was told in the shop that after powering off and on my phone that I would have access to eir sport on my phone (red eir sport just mobile app). When I tried logging in I'm told that my email or password is incorrect or that I'm not eligible to access eir sport. (My email and password work fine for accessing the 'my eir' app)

I've subsequently contacted customer service who told me after a while that it will take 24 hours for my account to set up. It's been 2 days since and I still don't have access. Please help to sort this problem out. Thank you
    Hi turniphead, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. 

If you PM me your mobile number, PIN, full address and name I will have a look at this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

I'm waiting since end of july to get Eir sport on my mobile and still no luck, Seem's to be a commom problem

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

lukeeman wrote: »
    I'm waiting since end of july to get Eir sport on my mobile and still no luck, Seem's to be a commom problem

Wow, that's very disappointing to hear. It's promised as one of the terms in this new plan.

Hi turniphead, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. 

If you PM me your mobile number, PIN, full address and name I will have a look at this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

DM sent yesterday. Still no access and I haven't heard anything.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Turniphead,

I will get back to you shortly on this.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi Sarah,

Thank you.

Just FYI I've been trying to get it sorted again today by chat and by phone. So far it has taken 50 minutes and counting.

Chat told me they could help me no further because they have limited access?! They told me to ring customer service.

I'm currently on hold with customer service having been passed over by 2 departments.

It's a frustrating process considering it seems a very simple problem to me. I hope you have more luck at your end of things.

I'm over an hour waiting

I've been a longtime eir customer. Whenever I get through to somebody they pass me on to another department. It's fairly disgraceful at this stage.

So in summary so far...

I'm on day 3 and still no change.

The worst part has been dealing with the customer service. I was over 90 mins on the phone being passed from department to department; each unable to take responsibility and help with my problem.

The worst part though was when I was being transferred again they hung up on me. I didn't have the time to go through all the process again today so I'll leave it until tomorrow.

Just to be clear, I'm obviously pissed off with eir customer service but I know that this particular boards forum is just a branch of the eir support services and not directly related to the chat & phone difficulties I've had so far.

Thanks

Another day gone and no resolution.

I first contacted the chat forum via the my eir app. They couldn't help and told me to contact 1901 and 0818203040.

In total I've spent over 2 hours today trying to resolve this simple problem. The main issue with eir customer service is that nobody is willing to take responsibility. I'm just constantly passed around from department to department.

I had hoped this boards forum would be the solution but unfortunately I've heard nothing since I sent a DM of my details as requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

turniphead wrote: »
    Another day gone and no resolution.

I first contacted the chat forum via the my eir app. They couldn't help and told me to contact 1901 and 0818203040.

In total I've spent over 2 hours today trying to resolve this simple problem. The main issue with eir customer service is that nobody is willing to take responsibility. I'm just constantly passed around from department to department.

I had hoped this boards forum would be the solution but unfortunately I've heard nothing since I sent a DM of my details as requested.
    Hi turniphead, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement