Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to have a nap in Dublin?

Options
  • 19-09-2018 6:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

In Dublin for a long day and would like to take a nap at some stage - is there anywhere to do this, either officially or not?

Probably not a cafe as might get asked to leave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Go to the cinema, pick a film uve no interest in and chill out there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

A church perhaps. Should be quiet at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Any of the boardwalks or the new Luas bridge but don't be surprised if you wake up with nothing left or some drunk cuddling into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Have a cup of coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Someone posted similar here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057911041
    Cinema seems a good idea for the time.
    I've seen people asleep at train stations before, but not sure it's a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Try any of the A and E depts
    no one will come near you and you wont be disturbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

The library in the Ilac centre, or the little oratory just under it.

In fact any library or church really.

Or bus/train/luas IF you have a free travel card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Can you get a day hostel?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Would have thought the cinema would be a bit loud

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Why not a park? I sometimes lie down in stephens green and merrion sq, its safe, nice place to lie if its dry weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Carnmore wrote: »
    In Dublin for a long day and would like to take a nap at some stage - is there anywhere to do this, either officially or not?

Probably not a cafe as might get asked to leave.

how long is this long day?

rather than sleeping I'd be using the time to visit all the free museums in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

wakka12 wrote: »
    Why not a park? I sometimes lie down in stephens green and merrion sq, its safe, nice place to lie if its dry weather.

Be careful, know of a few people who had their bags stolen while they slept in Merrion sq park.

Dáil Éireann public gallery- better than sleeping tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

The coroners court is a safe place for a nap

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The Clockwork Door used to have a room where you could lie down, it's a place where you pay for your time there but get free coffee/tea/biscuits/toast etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The Clockwork Door used to have a room where you could lie down, it's a place where you pay for your time there but get free coffee/tea/biscuits/toast etc.

at first glance I was sure you were suggesting a knocking shop but turns out that it's some sort of cafe :D

https://www.clockworkdoor.ie/the-clockwork-door/

The coroners court is a safe place for a nap

BOO!:P

that's a mad looking place-it's a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

that's a mad looking place-it's a great idea.

Brilliant. I had never heard of it before. Very interesting. The have one of those puzzle room thingies.

The upstairs in Nealon's used to be cool because it was a bit like hanging out in someone's house. With booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Be careful, know of a few people who had their bags stolen while they slept in Merrion sq park.

I could possibly understand if someone maybe knew one person who had their bags stolen while they slept in Merrion Square but a few? You must move in very interesting circles!

• Advertisement
Advertisement