Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Classic to launch in December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The possibilities for this are ridiculous, I need it!

Now where can I pre order because this is going to be impossible to get hold of on release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Can't wait for this.

One thing I noticed is that no analog controllers?.

Due to this I say could be a issue in getting quite a lot of later ps1 games but other then that I can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Roar wrote: »

$99 USD, no word on European release or pricing.

€99.99, it shows it at the end of the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well, looks like they have SquareEnix and BandaiNamco onboard given they own 4 of the announced titles. They really need Capcom to get the likes of Resi and Dino Crisis, and since Sony bought out Psygnosis could hope for Destruction Derby, Rollcage, Colony Wars, G-Police, Team Buddies, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Well, looks like they have SquareEnix and BandaiNamco onboard given they own 4 of the announced titles. They really need Capcom to get the likes of Resi and Dino Crisis, and since Sony bought out Psygnosis could hope for Destruction Derby, Rollcage, Colony Wars, G-Police, Team Buddies, etc.

Now that you mention it, is there any games similar to Destruction Derby for the PS4? Last one I remember is Dirt Showdown on the PS3 which was such a fun game.

• Advertisement

• It's an odd one. PS1 games tend to not hold up as well visually as say compared to something like the SNES Classic edition.
    Depends on how the video output is handled and what are the scaling options as I only recently played a couple of PS1 games on a HDMI TV and they look dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Now that you mention it, is there any games similar to Destruction Derby for the PS4? Last one I remember is Dirt Showdown on the PS3 which was such a fun game.

Have a look at wreckfest

Just thinking of games I'd like. Surely THPS and Twisted Metal will be on there. MGS, Crash, Spyro, Wipeout, Gran Turismo, Parappa all possibilities too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tomb Raider is another game associated with PS1.

I'd say if it's hacked, there'll be a way to use other PS controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I would imagine that the music in Tony Hawks/Wipeout would cost a fair bit to licence, which would see some/a lot of tracks taken out and replaced with generic crap. Which would change the feeling of the games tbh - Imagine Wipeout 2097 without Fluke's Atom Bomb for example. Wouldn't seem right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

That add has european pricing in it as €99.99 so imagine it to be €149.99 here :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Will buy this for Ridge Racer alone tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If it comes with Jonah Lomu Rugby it's an insta-buy for me!

🤪

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

recyclops wrote: »
    That add has european pricing in it as €99.99 so imagine it to be €149.99 here :(:(:(

why do you imagine the european price of €99.99 to be anything other than €99.99 here in Ireland, part of Europe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will all depend on the games. Square, Konami and Capcom are shoe ins and hopefully Sony will put their weirder games on rather than the other rubbish they put out. Wild Arms while decent isn't exactly a stellar title.

Might miss out on MGS, Resi and Silent Hill if they keep it family friendly.

Will also depend on the emulation. PS1 emulation on the PSP is pretty excellent so hopefully it's the same quality. If it's PC emulator quality then no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Does no one still have theirs I have it with a heap of games .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

why do you imagine the european price of €99.99 to be anything other than €99.99 here in Ireland, part of Europe?

Because a lot of irish people would pay the €149.99 if shops charged it and complain about it instead of actually looking to get it elsewhere

i myself will not be paying over the odds as i hate the prices B & M shops charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

This gem has to be a shoe in?

Abe%27s_Oddysee_Cover.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will depend on Licensing.

This will live or die on licensing. Unlike Sega and Nintendo, the playstation 1 relied on it's library of third party titles. Sony produced quite a few good PS1 titles but they aren't the games the system is remembered for.

Also I hope Sony aren't stupid enough to load the European version of this with the awful European versions of these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Pre orders on Smyth's already done and done 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Pre orders done/finished ?
    I’m not ordering anything till I see the full game list.... very suspect that they show only 5.... the rest are probably garbage juice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

listermint wrote: »
    Does no one still have theirs I have it with a heap of games .
    I still have mine, but it has to be upside down to read discs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Pre ordered mine. Always gutted I never kept my original playstation and playstation 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Going to wait and see the full list of games but even at that €100 is very steep for this. As others have mentioned it won't be the top 20 PS1 games for various reasons like third party licensing, recent remakes, or keeping it PG friendly.

Hope Gran Turismo 1 or 2 would be on there and perhaps MediEvil as an unlikely tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pre order up on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071G84NHX/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=pa0a-21&linkId=2d42a5bdf8f4766e17974c6a7b131c09&language=en_GB

Preloaded with 20 of the best PlayStation games, including Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash!, Ride Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms

• Skerries wrote: »
    pre order up on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071G84NHX/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=pa0a-21&linkId=2d42a5bdf8f4766e17974c6a7b131c09&language=en_GB

Preloaded with 20 of the best PlayStation games, including Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash!, Ride Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms

I can't remember but didn't the SNES classic indicate all the games available once it went up for pre-order?

I'd like to wait to know what else is going to be on it.

Skerries wrote: »
    pre order up on Amazon

If I preorder it through that link, when will the money be taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If I preorder it through that link, when will the money be taken?

Just before dispatch, same as Smyths.

Just before dispatch, same as Smyths.

Wonderful, just ordered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

More expensive in sterling. Is there a link for Smyths?

Advertisement