Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Classic to launch in December

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Its live for level 3 , got the email as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    If anyone is considering buying this, gamestop will be selling it for 59.99 in their sale. Just got the email.
    Thanks for the heads up r0chf0rt. Any idea when this sale is due to go live for non-level 3 loyalty members? It's been years since I signed up for their loyalty programme, and I imagine I'm still at the lowest level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Will this be available to non level 3 commoners? I put off buying one but at €60 I'll be taking a punt.

Just been in Gamestop and they are priced at 59.99 but then scanned at 99.99. I assume they'll be the lower price when they reopen after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

Just been in Gamestop and they are priced at 59.99 but then scanned at 99.99. I assume they'll be the lower price when they reopen after Christmas.

Thanks for the update Rocket. I rang one of the branches, and they said that you could buy the level 3 membership, if needed, for €17, which would leave the effective price at €77. Not bad, but I'll pop in when they reopen, and see what the situation is then. With a bit of luck they'll be €59.99.

The level 3 membership might be useful for other things, such as their Xbox One second hand console sales. Some tempting prices. Very tempted myself, but might hold out, as the supposedly backward compatible Playstation 5 and next gen Xbox are likely only 18 to 24 months out at this stage, and my current backlog would easily keep me going till then.

• Advertisement

Cyclonius wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Rocket. I rang one of the branches, and they said that you could buy the level 3 membership, if needed for €17, which would leave the effective the price at €77. Not bad, but I'll pop in when they reopen, and see what the situation is then. With a bit of luck they'll be €59.99.

The level 3 membership might be useful for other things, such as their Xbox One second hand console sales. Some tempting prices. Very tempted myself, but might hold out, as the supposedly backward compatible Playstation 5 and next gen Xbox are likely only 18 to 24 months out at this stage, and my current backlog would easily keep me going till then.

Ya the guy at the counter tried to sell me the level 3 but tbh, I don't think I'd get too much use from it so I'll just wait til the 27th and see how it is priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

GameStop sale is live at €59.99

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/69495/playstation-classic-console

Glad I held off at €60 I’ll get for the novelty value alone

Daxve wrote: »
    GameStop sale is live at €59.99

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/69495/playstation-classic-console

Glad I held off at €60 I’ll get for the novelty value alone

Excellent to get confirmation of what i thought yesterday. I'll be going in Thursday to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Cyclonius wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Rocket. I rang one of the branches, and they said that you could buy the level 3 membership, if needed, for €17, which would leave the effective price at €77. Not bad, but I'll pop in when they reopen, and see what the situation is then. With a bit of luck they'll be €59.99.

€59.99 online now (just bought one)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Balls paid €99 for mine just last week

So for the hacks is it all Bin/Cue files on a big flash drive ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€60 in Argos today and Smyths tomorrow as they don't open today no need for any nonsense just reserved mine in argos now.

http://checkargos.com/product/8842071

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

IQ is really a stellar puzzler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

God it must have sold pretty badly to have 40%+ discounts across the whole retail sector, glad I didn’t open mine and got a refund a few days after buying it when it came out a few weeks ago. Sales and bad reviews didn’t help either, but for €60 it should be worth buying for the form factor and the few actual classic games.

God it must have sold pretty badly to have 40%+ discounts across the whole retail sector, glad I didn’t open mine and got a refund a few days after buying it when it came out a few weeks ago. Sales and bad reviews didn’t help either, but for €60 it should be worth buying for the form factor and the few actual classic games.

For €60 and the hacking ability it's an essential for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I got it for christmas and adding some games it's well worth it , Have knocked quite a few of my never played list this morning

I got it for christmas and adding some games it's well worth it , Have knocked quite a few of my never played list this morning

Was it hard to do?

Not overly difficult just takes a while , lot of renaming files and such

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

How is the performance?
    I hear the default emulator is very poor..

I think the performance is more to do with the pal roms being used , played Tekken 3 at Christmas with my cousin and found it very slow , but any rom i've downloaded its been way faster because i went for ntsc versions, Marvel vs Capcom in particular was perfect

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Digital foundry says otherwise. Worse performance than on a base ps1 and struggles with framerate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

I can't figure out how to put multi track games on it. All I wanna play is Dino crisis

https://youtu.be/eX8GsaSQo64

Watch this video he explains how to install multi track games and create your own cue files

Advertisement