Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Classic to launch in December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    More expensive in sterling. Is there a link for Smyths?

Not up yet, I would imagine it's not far away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Pre orders on Smyth's already done and done 😂

Just done it too, thanks to your post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

More expensive in sterling. Is there a link for Smyths?
    Not up yet, I would imagine it's not far away though.

Its been on Smyths all morning

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/retro-gaming/playstation-classic/p/169572

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It will all depend on the games. Square, Konami and Capcom are shoe ins and hopefully Sony will put their weirder games on rather than the other rubbish they put out. Wild Arms while decent isn't exactly a stellar title.

Might miss out on MGS, Resi and Silent Hill if they keep it family friendly.

Will also depend on the emulation. PS1 emulation on the PSP is pretty excellent so hopefully it's the same quality. If it's PC emulator quality then no thanks.

I think they'd be mad to keep it family friendly. Anyone who has fond memories of the ps1 is an adult at this stage. Physically anyway, cant't vouch for mentally:pac:
    Sony put a lot of work into POPS so I'd say it's a safe bet thats what they'll use.

Had a look earlier and couldn't find it on there, thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Don't think it's family friendly - picture of the box has an 18 rating :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Resident evil, twisted metal 2 and quake 2 are the ones I want..... feels like I’m forgetting something

dan786 wrote: »

Must be a problem with Gamestop's website, its showing the recommended retail price:)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Pre-Ordered.

Worth it for Final Fantasy vii alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

off the top of my head, Id need to at least see:

Metal Gear Solid
    Ape Escape
    Gran Turismo 2
    Resident Evil 2
    Dino Crisis
    Soul reaver
    G-Police
    and ideally Colin Mc Rae Rally

otherwise, I've no interest. PS1 graphics have aged like milk.

No chance of Ape Escape sadly, it needed the analogue controller to work and its digital only with the mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Be nice if you could use PS4 controllers, and I've got an old PS2 to USB adaptor.
    Resident evil, twisted metal 2 and quake 2 are the ones I want..... feels like I’m forgetting something

Funny thing is most actual kids today wouldn't blink at the adult/horror stuff from that far back.

Personally could barley play Resi then, and even a far more recent game I replayed a while ago (vampire masquerade built on HL2 engine) that had a few horror sections looked quaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bit mad pre-ordering when we don't know 75% of what's gonna be on it yet, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

smyths not taking any more pre orders? just went to checkout and would let me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

J. Marston wrote: »

Can cancel pre-orders, and payments not taken until then.

Will likely be the same as the Nintendo and be scarce especially releasing in December.
    shanec1928 wrote: »

Put mine in a short while ago and confirmation email is 12 minutes old. So you really just missed it ( or we both did and I'm getting another email soon :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The 'Electric Picnic' approach as I believe it's called!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Went to preorder on Smyths and it is out of stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Fully OK with pre-ordering things like this.

Ill play FFvii (and most ps1 ff) forever.

Good fighthing game for couch co-op, brought the snes mini to a poker night few weeks ago and was great craic playing street fighter and mario kart after a few drinks with the lads.

If the other 15 games are'nt even the best I'm OK with it.

Also just for the collector in me always nice to have things like this.

Will still never pre-order a game though.

I have it pre ordered with Smyths and I'm delighted now considering they are already closed. I'd rather have the option to cancel my order(which I 100% won't) instead of searching for one in December.

• Advertisement

• LOL Can already see the scalpers fapping themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Not one mention of Syphon Filter!

Shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

My pre-order just went through with Smyths two mins ago, better safe than sorry I guess. If the other 15 games announced are good this will be hard to find before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I just done a pre-order for Athlone without any problems for Smyths.
    Maybe try different stores if you have any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Tomb Raider is another game associated with PS1.

I'd say if it's hacked, there'll be a way to use other PS controllers

Tomb Raider actually came out on Sega Saturn first, but alas we all know what happened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

shanec1928 wrote: »
    was able to order again a few mins ago:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Just pre orders mine... it didn’t take long for me to crack.....you can cancel a pre order ? If they games are awful I might... I hope the controllers are longer then the snes mini...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Be essential to have Resident Evil on there! Other ones not mentioned so far that would have a good chance of inclusion...Medal of Honor? That was the best FPS on the system, still fairly playable today. Syphon Filter? Cracking action games back in the day.

Not that I think they'd be on there, but other fairly big games I loved on the PSX that might have a chance...Alien Trilogy/Resurrection, Tony Hawks, Future Cop LAPD, Colony Wars, MGS, Spyro, Command and Conquer, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Destruction Derby/Demolition Racer, SCARS....

Couldn't commit to buying it without knowing first what's on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Twisted Metal?

• Advertisement

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Twisted Metal?

It has to be on there surely. One of my favourite games on the console.

Advertisement