Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Classic to launch in December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

And I also wouldn't complain if they somehow got the Die Hard trilogy game on there too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Twisted Metal?

Not aged well at all but it has a god chance of making it to the system as it's a Sony IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Preordered on both Smyths and Amazon to hedge my bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Has to be tWISTED mETAL 2 surely ?
    anyone remember Urban Chaos ? Crazy Ivan

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I would be a little surprised if we dont see Abes Odyssey on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Preordered with Smyths. Free delivery no brainer after the 3 month wait on my snes mini with Gamestop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Well, looks like they have SquareEnix and BandaiNamco onboard given they own 4 of the announced titles. They really need Capcom to get the likes of Resi and Dino Crisis, and since Sony bought out Psygnosis could hope for Destruction Derby, Rollcage, Colony Wars, G-Police, Team Buddies, etc.
    I loved those games as a kid but sadly hardly anybody knows about them. I would buy it just for Colony Wars alone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Tony Hawks 2.

Proper HDMI support.

Two new PS controllers.

IF they manage that (and they’re 66% of the way there), all will be well in this world.

• Can I get peoples opinions on who the target audience this is intended for?

Th reason I ask is that I'm currently in a bit of a debate and I personally and of the opinion it's for people who used to own a PS1 back in 94 or for people who longer own a console and want to get back to playing the classic type of games and console aka SNES / Nes Mini ect

I also have a few saying it's pure greed apparently (I disagree)

• Advertisement

Can I get peoples opinions on who the target audience this is intended for?

Th reason I ask is that I'm currently in a bit of a debate and I personally and of the opinion it's for people who used to own a PS1 back in 94 or for people who longer own a console and want to get back to playing the classic type of games and console aka SNES / Nes Mini ect

I also have a few saying it's pure greed apparently (I disagree)

It has 18s on the box so I'm hopeful it's aimed at my age group(mid 30s)

I'm in the minority but I find the PS1 games pretty meh. Never bothered using the PS1 back-compat on any subsequent Playstation consoles. There's nothing I feel like replaying.

Not impressed that the controllers (or even one of them) don't have analog sticks.

I also wouldn't be so quick to assume it will be easily hacked. They will surely at least try to lock it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Silent Hill is really the only game I'd be interested in. Can't justify paying that on the off chance it might be on it. Wonder when they'll announce the other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

It has 18s on the box so I'm hopeful it's aimed at my age group(mid 30s)

18s?

Cannot remember PS1 games being that bad? So this is not aimed at kids?

All pre-orders finished from Smyths?

Does it come with no plug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What are the chances of GTA 1 & 2?

I'm in the minority but I find the PS1 games pretty meh. Never bothered using the PS1 back-compat on any subsequent Playstation consoles. There's nothing I feel like replaying.

Not impressed that the controllers (or even one of them) don't have analog sticks.

I also wouldn't be so quick to assume it will be easily hacked. They will surely at least try to lock it down.

Hopefully they won't try too hard. It's a waste of resources for them as the PS Classic doesn't go online and they can't flog us more games for it

What are the chances of GTA 1 & 2?

It could happen. No licensed music and Rockstar gave them away for free about 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭recyclops

GIVE ME LONE SOLDIER

jodaw wrote: »
    18s?

Cannot remember PS1 games being that bad? So this is not aimed at kids?

All pre-orders finished from Smyths?

Does it come with no plug?

Gta games were 18s, tenchu, Duke nukem, die hard. There were a lot of 18+ games.

It won't need a plug, it will be a standard USB power supply and your TV will probably be able to power it.

sugarman wrote: »
    Cant see why it would be, its all about the nostalgia aimed at those who would have played the system originally. Would kids even be interested in older games when they can play better ones on their phones/tablets, never mind their current gen game console?

I thought that too but my 9yr old has played my nes and snes mini more than I have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

recyclops wrote: »
    GIVE ME LONE SOLDIER

You are the only person in the world that loves that game

I just had a horrible thought.

What if they put Legend of Dragoon on there.
    It''s a Sony property so no licensing issues.

Are Sony that evil that they would inflict such crushing soulless mediocrity on another generation?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

From the amazon product description
    PlayStation Classic - out 3 December 2018 It all began in Japan in 1994. The first PlayStation changed everything. And now you can relive the era that changed gaming forever with the new PlayStation Classic. Preloaded with 20 of the best PlayStation games, including Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash!, Ride Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arm, PlayStation Classic is a miniature recreation of the original PlayStation console and includes a HDMI cable to connect directly to a TV. SMALL BUT MIGHTY PlayStation Classic mirrors the original PlayStation console with the same logo, button layout and packaging – but the new console is approximately 45% smaller than the original. Featuring a built-in virtual memory card, you can save your adventures as you switch between games. CLASSIC CONTROL The original PlayStation controller changed the way we play, and PlayStation Classic comes with two wired controllers in the box – perfect for taking on friends and family in thrilling multiplayer matches on the same sofa. GAMES FROM A GOLDEN ERA PlayStation Classic comes preloaded with 20 games including: Final Fantasy VII , Jumping Flash!, Tekken 3 R4 Ridge Racer Type 4 Wild Arms WHAT’S IN THE BOX? PlayStation Classic console preloaded with 20 games Two controllers HDMI cable USB cable Printed materials A compatible USB AC adaptor (not included) is required to use this console. Use an AC adaptor that supports 5 V, 1.0 A USB (Type A) output. Visit playstation.com for more information about PlayStation Classic. “All titles, content, publisher names, trademarks, artwork, and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved.”

Why not include it if it is required to use the console? Also, with the lack of analog dualshock controllers, i think Sony didn't think this through.

What I would like to have seen from this release would be the following...
    • All required accessories included in the box (obviously)
    • the internal virtual memory card to have large enough capacity so that one does not need to have multiple memory cards.
    • Support for wireless Dualshock controllers. Allowing up to at least 4 players. Negating the need for a Multi-Tap (remember those?).
    • USB ports for charging said wireless controllers and for USB flash drives so one can back up their game saves.
    • Having added ports for leads other than HDMI, including composite, SCART etc.
    • Internet connection for downloading additional PS1 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

Pre-ordered on Amazon, when will I be charged? I have never pre-ordered on Amazon before! Will I get a email letting me know when the money is to be taken?

• You'll be charged when they start preparing it for dispatch.

• Internet connection for downloading additional PS1 games.

You'd think that would be the obvious idea. Make a range of games available that can be downloaded for a few euro each. More cash for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

You'll be charged when they start preparing it for dispatch.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    If it comes with Jonah Lomu Rugby it's an insta-buy for me!

Best game I've ever playing. Its 23 years old and I still play it.

That tackle could have put him in ward 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

superg wrote: »
    Pre ordered mine. Always gutted I never kept my original playstation and playstation 2.

We all make mistakes in life, but this is a pretty big one.
    What were you thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

sugarman wrote: »
    Ah come on now! Not asking for much there are you? While they'd all be nice features to have it'd probably double the price of the unit.

The are USB ports by the way, the controllers are USB.

Too much to ask? Perhaps so.

Anywho, I didn't know the controllers were USB. I just thought they were connections resembling the original ones.

Advertisement