Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Classic to launch in December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    We all make mistakes in life, but this is a pretty big one.
    What were you thinking?

I was thinking of cash unfortunately. I was young and very lacking in it!

I had the orignal playstation and the slim one and had 3 PS2's. Sold them all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any idea when they'll be releasing the other 15 games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Also don't mean to double post but would love to play Tenchu again or even Bushido Blade , or Battle Arena Toshinden which was my 1st ever playstation game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭recyclops

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You are the only person in the world that loves that game
    Myself and my bro have fond memories. Don't ask me why, such a bizarre controller set up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

coolisin wrote:
    Not one mention of Syphon Filter!

Fantastic game
    coolisin wrote:
    Shocking!

Understatement of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lads, who mentioned Lone Soldier as a must-have in this package?? After just watching some gameplay on YouTube....

Anna-Kendrick-WTF-Confused-Reaction-Gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

lone solider looks very difficult to play, something about the aiming seems very off.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lone Soldier was hyped to high heaven as a game to break the early playstation drought of games after the launch. The lads in school that bought into the hype said it was absolute dreck. I thought it was absolute dreck. And if we thought it was absolute dreck in 1996 I bet it really stands the test of time! Reviews were rock bottom as well.
    Also don't mean to double post but would love to play Tenchu again or even Bushido Blade , or Battle Arena Toshinden which was my 1st ever playstation game

Battle Arena Toshinden is absolute scutter. Looked amazing at the time but it's a god awful game.

Bushido blade though... <3
    Pity it's locked up in licensing bull**** so not likely.

• Am I being cynical by suspecting the reason they haven't published the full list of games is because they're rubbish? No doubt it'll get hacked anyway and probably take a USB full of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Am I being cynical by suspecting the reason they haven't published the full list of games is because they're rubbish? No doubt it'll get hacked anyway and probably take a USB full of games.

They possibly are but they'll release the full list of games before release anyway so people will make their minds up and cancel if they're crap.

It's most likely just so that they can keep up interest with ongoing announcements of the games on the system.

• Advertisement

final fantasy 9 was amazing... over shadowed by 7...I would like to play that again

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Or as we know from their leaving PS Plus announcements to the last minute, they could still be working out details for some games. So don't want to announce until they're finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

I'd love to play iss pro evo 2.
    Poured outrageous hours into it as a gossun.
    Be interesting to see how it holds up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Am I being cynical by suspecting the reason they haven't published the full list of games is because they're rubbish? No doubt it'll get hacked anyway and probably take a USB full of games.

More likely so they have something to tease more pre-orders with over the next few months.

Release the list at the start; some will pre-order and some will hum and haw over it but possibly forget. Drip feed the info and higher chance to convert those on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Pre-ordered one in hope the rest of the games will be decent and the possibility of adding more ðŸ‘

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lone Soldier was hyped to high heaven as a game to break the early playstation drought of games after the launch. The lads in school that bought into the hype said it was absolute dreck. I thought it was absolute dreck. And if we thought it was absolute dreck in 1996 I bet it really stands the test of time! Reviews were rock bottom as well.

Battle Arena Toshinden is absolute scutter. Looked amazing at the time but it's a god awful game.

Bushido blade though... <3
    Pity it's locked up in licensing bull**** so not likely.

Some game. Never played the sequel unfortunately, must add it to the list.
    If I remember correctly Black Lotus was an Irishman too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

final fantasy 9 was amazing... over shadowed by 7...I would like to play that again

Do you have a pc ps4 or ps3?

You can buy it digital there.

Also it will be coming to the switch soon as a digital game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bushido blade 2 is actually not that great. The original is way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭recyclops

Lads, who mentioned Lone Soldier as a must-have in this package?? After just watching some gameplay on YouTube....

]

I was kidding about lone soldier and Retros post above is fairly spot on.

I do think kerushi (IQ) will appear on the system and i really hope it does, that was an excellent puzzle game and one of the very few I paid money for as a kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Destruction Derby would be a welcome addition.

Destruction Derby would be a welcome addition.

Maybe the second game. The first is very basic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Really don’t get the horn for this. Smells of a cheap cash in by Sony

You can pick up an original PS1 on eBay for between €20 to €40.

How many people played their PS1 games when the PS2 came out? I’d argue very few. Graphics are way dated now and gameplay won’t hold up on many games if superior sequels have since been released.

FF7 and Silent Hill are memorable but not worthy of a €100 price tag for an emulated game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I would love to play G-Police again. The first 3 Res Evil games and Silent Hill also. I'd buy it for those titles alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

faceman wrote: »
    Really don’t get the horn for this. Smells of a cheap cash in by Sony

You can pick up an original PS1 on eBay for between €20 to €40.

How many people played their PS1 games when the PS2 came out? I’d argue very few. Graphics are way dated now and gameplay won’t hold up on many games if superior sequels have since been released.

FF7 and Silent Hill are memorable but not worthy of a €100 price tag for an emulated game.
    Yea nostalgia plays a big part in it. You could play all these games for free on an emulator but people like to relive the old days with the actual console, controller etc.
    It's why the Nintendo re-issues have sold like hotcakes.

• Future Cop LAPD!!

#memories

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Driver 2?

Symphony of the night?????

Not much excitement for this is there ? I rember when the snes classic came out people were posting non stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I have my pre-order in, but after going back and playing some ps1 games on the vita, what I played has aged like milk. The visuals don't bother me all that much but gameplay is fairly ropey, Syphon Filter in particular.

I'll keep an eye on the rest of the games anyway, but my excitement isn't as high as what it was for the snes classic.

Advertisement