Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MfMan wrote: »
    Promising midfield and HF line anyway; not sold on the FF line.

Culhane and Grainger scored 0-12 between them in last year's minor final. Granted 0-7 from frees. Cooley was the year before I think but he finished Galway's top scorer that year.

A very young team though. Think most of them still eligible again next year. I think Mayo have most of last year's U-20 side back so that does give them a bit of an advantage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

At this morning's press briefing at the Loughrea Hotel & Spa, Shane O’Neill revealed that John Hanbury isn’t in the current Galway panel & has also been in touch with Jonathan Glynn and Joseph Cooney, who are both currently based overseas.

“I've been (in touch), I've no update on Johnny Glynn yet,” O’Neill remarked. “Joseph, I spoke to last week, he just can't give the commitment at the moment.

“He is in Australia obviously at the moment, but I'm not saying he mightn't be back at some stage. He might. At the moment he can't give the commitment and that is fine.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Statement donegal gaa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Feel sorry for both Mayo and Galway today. With a one game straight game knock not neither team deserves to be put on in this.

Desperate stuff from gbfm missing the throw in. Mid West way ahead of gbfm. And then the "commentators" spend the first few mins of the match talking among themselves going through the teams etc

• Advertisement

Breeze is worth six anyway. But a breeze never won a game yet. Conditions are so difficult. Even soloing the ball it's blowing back over there heads. Couple of great scores from Galway.

Obviously nice to win. But being involved with training young lads a lot of today bugged me. ****e weather. Pitch a bog. Extra time. And then cruelly send a team out on penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Obviously nice to win. But being involved with training young lads a lot of today bugged me. ****e weather. Pitch a bog. Extra time. And then cruelly send a team out on penalties.

Losing on penalties is no different to losing by a point kicked in the last few seconds. Both teams had a full match to win it and failed........there can be no complaints.

BENDYBINN wrote:
    Losing on penalties is no different to losing by a point kicked in the last few seconds. Both teams had a full match to win it and failed........there can be no complaints.

Penalty shoot outs are a recent addition to our game. I'm still a firm believer in extra time and then a reply. Kicking a ball from 10 metres was never a massive influence or a massive skill in our game and now it is decided that this will settle a game. Penalty shoot outs are simply a kop out for those involved who cannot sort a suitable fixture calendar and cannot factor in a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Let the ref hop the ball in and play first score wins. It's about the only route I can think of to finish a game on the day without resorting to Pens or free competitions

• Advertisement

Rain has eased. Wind has not. Would say it's definitely stronger than the U20 yesterday at the moment but it's meant to start easing from around 12p.m. onwards

Strong Galway bench. Breeze is strong but not a gale. Like a warm summer's day in Pearse Stadium kinda breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,150 ✭✭✭threeball

Can't believe the best game of the day is on 3rd on TG4. Bloody Meath vs mayo on second. Surely there's more interest in Galway v Donegal than there is in Kerry Tyrone.

Brannigan out O Laoi in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

What time will Galway coverage start?

PCeeeee wrote: »
    What time will Galway coverage start?

Deffered coverage on tg4 after the Meath mayo match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

Some seriously questionable refereeing going against us in the first half since the penalty.

On another note, the rules regarding professional fouling should be looked at. McDaid was taken out very cynically on a counter attack, with zero effort to tackle properly. He has to leave the game injured, and no card at all for the Donegal player. The rules actually encourage more dangerous cynical fouls as they stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

elefant wrote: »
    Some seriously questionable refereeing going against us in the first half since the penalty.

On another note, the rules regarding professional fouling should be looked at. McDaid was taken out very cynically on a counter attack, with zero effort to tackle properly. He has to leave the game injured, and no card at all for the Donegal player. The rules actually encourage more dangerous cynical fouls as they stand.

McQuillan is really costing Galway here. It'll be very controversial if this is a close loss or a draw.

Ah ffs gbfm no need for a friggin recap we heard it the first time from the returning officer

Epic. All I'll say for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Great result. Hon the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Hup the tribes.
    Well done to joycey and the lads.
    The fight is back in the dog lads.

Epic. All I'll say for now.

Lucky us get to watch mayo and Meath now before we get to find out for ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

threeball wrote: »
    Lucky us get to watch mayo and Meath now before we get to find out for ourselves

Match is on now. Mayo game wasn't on my tg4 anyway. An election special was

Anyone at the match any insight into why Gleeson didn't come back?

macslash wrote:
    Anyone at the match any insight into why Gleeson didn't come back?

Would of cost Galway two subs. We lost a sub taking him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

macslash wrote: »
    Match is on now. Mayo game wasn't on my tg4 anyway. An election special was

Mayo game was on TG4 YouTube live

That challenge on mcdaid was worthy of red. One of the most dangerous challenges I've seen in a long time. No intention bar to hurt the guy in possession.

McFadden ferry arguably red too. Ball gone past him by 10yards and he takes out finnerty with a forearm to the face. Black card minimum. He gets a yellow.

• Advertisement

Would of cost Galway two subs. We lost a sub taking him off.

Ah I didn't know that, thanks

Advertisement